• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megyn Kelly’s ratings are taking NBC’s morning slate down with her

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Would this be the most disastrous signing in tv history?

Don't see how it isn't. Most people on the left not only remember the message but the messenger as well. The right seemingly only cares about the message, hence our current president, lifelong Democrat, masquerading as a Republican now and lifelong Republicans being vilified in purity tests in continuous tests to one up their stupidity.

Codeblue

Not sure why they'd think that someone who once insisted Santa Claus is white would be a pleasant personality for a demographic that isn't entirely racist.

Slayven

This is true, he's not a milkshake duck because the fact that nobody likes him.

LOL true, I found out about him one day waitng in the car and fooling around with the radio. He was on the ass end of the AM spectrum selling Doomsday prepper seeds and gold, I was like "holy shit"

I mean, Megyn's audience wants to hear vim and vigor against whatever they perceive to be "the swamp". The people that like Megyn Kelly don't like fluffy daytime tv, and the people that like fluffy daytime tv don't like Megyn Kelly. I would think this should have been pretty easy to see ahead of time. The same audience that openly embraces Ellen Degeneres was never going to flock to Megyn "Santa is white" Kelly. Her audience on fox didn't watch her because they like her as a person, they watched her because she was a talking head that fed them a version of the world they want to believe is true.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to give Megyn a morning shoe deserves a raise. And by raise I mean need to be terminated immediately to seek employment elsewhere.

How long before NBC cuts the cord? Her tanking ratings is a good look for them considering how stupid it was to hire this woman in the first place.

How long before NBC cuts the cord? Her tanking ratings is a good look for them considering how stupid it was to hire this woman in the first place.

Pulling the cord would have to be extremely expensive. She's rumored to be making around 20m a year and she turned down a rumored 100m from Fox News to go to NBC. So they're in for the long haul with her.

gogosox82

Should've never been hired in the first place. She's not likable and has no personality. The next few years aren't going to be good for NBC between her and Fallon both having shit ratings.

Not a chance in hell that is true lol

It wasn't 100m a year. It would be 100m over the course of a contract

Mediaite has learned that Fox News offered Megyn Kelly even more than has generally been reported, a whopping $100 million package to stay put at the network and continue hosting her highly-rated prime time cable news show. A source close to Kelly says the offer, which included $25 million per year for four years, came directly from Lachlan Murdoch, Executive Co-Chairman of News Corp and 21st Century Fox.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/exc...ered-megyn-kelly-100-million-package-to-stay/

Strike

frinkiac_lightning.jpg

Saganator

Pulling the cord would have to be extremely expensive. She's rumored to be making around 20m a year and she turned down a rumored 100m from Fox News to go to NBC. So they're in for the long haul with her.

As soon as the cost of keeping her is greater than the cost of getting rid of her, she'll be gone.

Ducarmel

they spend 100x that on sports contracts. We are talking about a company that sells ad space in the billions.

They should just do us a favor and shelf her. Like literally tell her to go home and do nothing until her contract is up.

Megyn will be back to Fox next year.

Doubt it. I don't think she was treated well over there.

Serves them right. Pissed me off even more seeing that clip of her shutting down Tom Brokaw when he was speaking about gun control.

She didn't shut him down; she had to toss to commercials which have to air. Brokaw didn't have an IFB to hear the countdown himself.

Most of the, "Anchor rudely cuts off this person and goes to break," stories aren't really the anchors being bad and more the necessities of commercial television.

Enzom21

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/megyn-kelly-today-nbc-celebrity-guests-problem-1202589195/
Celebrity Publicists Are Bailing on ‘Megyn Kelly Today
A number of publicists who spoke to Variety expressed discomfort with the idea of booking their clients in the third hour of “Today,” which has now been retitled “Megyn Kelly Today.” These publicists, however, said they are still eager to take their talent to other blocs of the morning show. “I’m not booking anyone on her show,” says a high-powered publicist, with a roster of big names, who asked for anonymity due to her overall relationship with “Today.” “I literally haven’t pitched anyone even from right out the gate. The buzz that is out there is so bad.”

A spokesperson for NBC denies that “Megyn Kelly Today” is having trouble securing guests. “We have celebrities booked for weeks and months to come,” a network rep said. When asked by Variety for specific names coming up, NBC listed Miles Teller, Goldie Hawn and “SNL’s” Alec Baldwin.
tenor.gif

NBC is bleeding ratings. Ratings coming out of their eyes, coming out of their wherever.

XS5LK.gif

Top Bottom