• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megyn Kelly's ratings hit all-time lows

A year ago she had a golden opportunity to cross over after the whole ”blood coming out of her whatever" thing. People had sympathy for her. People were rooting for her. The world had briefly forgotten about her awfulness.

She botched this big time.

the fact she had white feminists caping for her was incredibly sad, even after the racist shit she said on fox over the years

Brakke

Banned
the fact she had white feminists caping for her was incredibly sad, even after the racist shit she said on fox over the years

Yeah. Like I get the impulse, if you wanna say that no woman deserves objectifying, gendered verbal or physical abuse. But aim the scorn at Misogynist Don, not the sympathy at this detestable lady.

shira

I could not last longer than 10s
charm_facepalm.gif

New_duane.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Has anyone seen the ads for this on the PATH train? It is freaky as hell. She creeps out slowly onto an all white stage holding a coffee cup. Then she slowly turns the cup around to reveal her show logo with this dumb look on her face. It is SHOCKING how weird it is.

rjinaz

Jesus. She's a multi millionaire. Retire already. Live your life better than 95% of Americans ever will by not working another day in your life. Why degrade yourself?

megyn kelly, the woman who cried how unlikable hillary clinton was all of 2016, now has to prove to america that she’s also not an unlikable robot. sad.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
megyn kelly, the woman who cried how unlikable hillary clinton was all of 2016, now has to prove to america that she’s also not an unlikable robot. sad.

I think the problem is that she is trying to be likable. No one "respected" her at Fox News because she was likable. She was cold and she knew it; that power haircut was all part of the persona. Now she's Katie Couric but people have moved past that.

Shauni

Jesus. She's a multi millionaire. Retire already. Live your life better than 95% of Americans ever will by not working another day in your life. Why degrade yourself?

She probably doesn't have the option really. NBC spent buckets, they aren't just going to let her go until this hits rock bottom

Has anyone seen the ads for this on the PATH train? It is freaky as hell. She creeps out slowly onto an all white stage holding a coffee cup. Then she slowly turns the cup around to reveal her show logo with this dumb look on her face. It is SHOCKING how weird it is.

Which stop is this at? lol

I think the problem is that she is trying to be likable. No one "respected" her at Fox News because she was likable. She was cold and she knew it; that power haircut was all part of the persona. Now she's Katie Couric but people have moved past that.

Yeah, they're trying REALLY hard to present her as your morning best friend, and it actually has the opposite effect they're intending

The Kree

Banned

The more money you make, the more you need to keep making because your lifestyle gets more expensive. Everybody thinks they'd live modestly forever if they had 20 million bucks, but they almost never do.

Someone like her probably spends 100-200K or more a month just on bills, never mind recreational spending and whatever family she supports.

The more money you make, the more you need to keep making because your lifestyle gets more expensive. Everybody thinks they'd live modestly forever if they had 20 million bucks, but they almost never do.

Someone like her probably spends 100-200K or more a month just on bills, never mind recreational spending and whatever family she supports.

I think her being used to a certain standard of living is too simplistic. Don’t ignore her ambition, her need for purpose in life and her need to advance her career. She’s a former corporate defense attorney. She’s unlikely to be happy sitting by the pool drinking mojitos all day. I’d give that life a try but I know I’d get sick of it.

The Kree

Banned
I think her being used to a certain standard of living is too simplistic. Don't ignore her ambition, her need for purpose in life and her need to advance her career. She's a former corporate defense attorney. She's unlikely to be happy sitting by the pool drinking mojitos all day. I'd give that life a try but I know I'd get sick of it.

That sounds like greed to me, not ambition. Nobody actually needs $23million a year to live comfortably. If ambition was the driver she probably wouldn't still be working for someone else when she's already rich at her age.

lenovox1

That sounds like greed to me, not ambition. Nobody actually needs $23million a year to live comfortably. If ambition was the driver she probably wouldn't still be working for someone else when she's already rich at her age.

Or, maybe, just maybe, after a personal feud with the future President of the United States and the utter collapse of support she received from Fox News after she spoke out against Ailes, she just didn't want to do that shit anymore and wanted to pursue her career differently.

Not everyone wants to stop working just because they can.

Top Bottom