• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC Insider: ‘Total Panic’ Over Megyn Kelly’s Morning Show

Allforce

This hire never made sense to me, I find this woman repulsive and every bubblegum segment I've caught with her on Today so far has just been cringe-worthy watching her act like she's "one of the people".

This will crash and burn like Rush Limbaugh on ESPN.

Ouroboros

dumbest move hiring a prominent right wing network archer to be an anchor on a prominent left wing network. Dumbest. The dumbest.

So dumb.

Enzom21

I love that this clusterfuck is blowing up in this guy's face:
AndyLack08.jpg

He no doubt thought Hilary was going to be president and decided to try to shift the network toward white conservatives.
Hope he gets fired along with Kelly.

All you have to do is listen to her talk to tell she is unlikable, and lacks the empathy/emotion of a Barbara Walters for instance. She looks the part (blond) but just isn't good at anything but fostering white resentment. That may work on Fox, but not on an actual news program.

Megyn Kelly was at the US Open on Monday, they showed her on screens in Arthur Ashe and there was an audible booing coming from the crowd.

You're not really watching The Today Show for news or news commentary though. Morning / daytime TV is way different from Kelly's old show or Maddow / Hannity etc.

Which makes it even stranger, honestly. She's never seemed like a fit for daytime.
That true, I didn't even think of it like that. I'm just not sure she has that type of appeal, then. She never seemed too...pleasing to be around, I guess.

Slayven

it was always weird they gave her a morning show, those are for people that are kinda self aware, goofy, and charming.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I am stunned by how NBC continually makes horrible decisions.

Lemonz

“A lot of people were watching the magazine show to try to get a sense of her appeal to the daytime demographic and a sense of how she would be outside of the Fox environment,” said a veteran daytime television impresario, who noted that the nationwide audience in that time period is not only heavily female but from 25 to 30 percent African American and Latino. “Fox News skews very male… I always tend to think of her as more of a guy’s girl than a girl’s girl… It’s extremely challenging, and I’m not sure Megyn’s personality really connects with women.”

kag1S.gif

mlclmtckr

Banned
That true, I didn't even think of it like that. I'm just not sure she has that type of appeal, then. She never seemed too...pleasing to be around, I guess.

Some people just want an angry dose of "Santa was white and so was Jesus" first thing after waking up

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I am stunned by how NBC continually makes horrible decisions.
Wanted some of that Fox audience I guess. Considering Maddow's success they should have just given a bigger platform to people that were with NBC for a long time. I don't think she'll be successful here.

cirrhosis

They'll eventually part ways with her, she'll get a payout for the rest of her contract, and she'll go to trump TV or RT. And NBC won't make another bone headed decision like this so soon.

A man can hope after all.

Effect

NBC saw the numbers Fox News has been puking and went for her and Gretchen but at the wave of when MSNBC started surpassing Fox News. They fucked up by trying to appeal to conservatives.

They took Tamron Hall off for her? I only ever see her on ID.

The Gretchen hire I didn't feel strongly about. Even her show on MSNBC wasn't that bad just boring. I didn't see anything offensive. I never understood why they went after Megan Kelly. It pissed me off that they did it at the expense of Tamron Hall as well! They either completely miss read the entire situation with Kelly or they were purely running after Fox News numbers while not paying attention to how well MSNBC was doing and who their audience on NBC was. That hire was always dumb. Yes Trump hated her but that's not because she is a good, open minded person. She's just as bad as the others on Fox News and I saw nothing that showed differently. Her willing to see Trump for who he was doesn't suddenly mean she changed.

Volimar

Maybe you should try hiring someone that early morning watchers can relate to and not a human piece of garbage?

it was always weird they gave her a morning show, those are for people that are kinda self aware, goory, and charming.
Yeah, if they were just going to have her do her usual racist shtick in her usual format you could at least see what they were trying to do. And maybe that's what they originally intended and this is a pivot.

But The Today Show? You could find a dozen other racists on Fox better suited for that and they would have all been cheaper.

Slayven

Yeah, if they were just going to have her do her usual racist shtick in her usual format you could at least see what they were trying to do. And maybe that's what they originally intended and this is a pivot.

But The Today Show? You could find a dozen other racists on Fox better suited for that and they would have all been cheaper.

Hell you probably could pick a pack of the friends from Fox and friends probably only pay 1/3 of what they wasting on her

Wanted some of that Fox audience I guess. Considering Maddow's success they should have just given a bigger platform to people that were with NBC for a long time. I don't think she'll be successful here.

They thought Trump's election would mean conservative 'news' was going to blow up ratings.

Instead, Rachel and Lawrence now own evening cable news. Some nights they are the highest rated shows on all of cable, not just news shows.

Slayven

You know a weird morning show pick that worked out? george stephanopoulos, kinda wooden and cardboard by himself, but he comes alive when the rest of the GMA crew is there.

JABEE

Top Bottom