• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megyn Kelly under fire for interview with Alex Jones

Torokil

Alex Jones is a legitimate interview subject in 2017. The rise of Infowars is a valid news story imo. Of course I doubt Megyn is gonna take off the gloves for this interview.

johnsmith

remember me
Megyn should have just been a standard news anchor, let her read a teleprompter like Brian Williams used to. They fucked up by having her run her own show.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
All of Megyn Kelly and NBC's defenses come off real hollow when she was hanging around posing for photos with Alex Jones. That's not how a real journalist operates. All of the actions in association with this interview speak to a complete lack of seriousness given to the subject.

BruceCLea

Banned
Why are right news failing so hard lately? Without a clear enemy to point at, they just don't know how to be journalists anymore?

The 24 hour gotcha news cycle has ruined everything. Real journalism takes time, investigation, vetting and attention. You rarely see that anymore. Those that excel have more time to do so. And when they do it's ignored or glossed over because of some other big news.

Thats what she gets for involving herself with sewage like Alex Jones. In spanish we have a saying that roughly translates to "Breed crows and they'll pluck your eyes out". Well she played with fire and got burned (similar saying).

LCGeek

formerly sane
Thats what she gets for involving herself with sewage like Alex Jones. In spanish we have a saying that roughly translates to "Breed crows and they'll pluck your eyes out". Well she played with fire and got burned (similar saying).

Cold but true.

In this case I don't feel anything for her considering all her racist bullshit on fox. I'm glad she got played when she tried playing him. Jones is not something to take lightly like trump he's been on the storm for about a decade or even more at this point.

drspeedy

That's a good one... What's the Spanish phrase? I haven't heard it before.

Reminds me of "you sleep with dogs, you wake up with fleas".

Lemonz

tamron-minions-02_3b403fbcefa53ccb024e15cfe9a6fa63.gif

sprinttt.gif

tamron-hall-purple_09eaa6745df86e93437a8daa210ecc16.gif

1D274906486420-tdy_GIF_alroker2_140801.gif

~Kinggi~

Banned
Alex Jones needs to be charged with hate crimes. NPR just had interview about this, one of the mothers talking about how for 5 years they are constantly being harassed by people saying they faked the death of the daughter. She was crying on the air and saying this is terrible what NBC is doing. Fucking cunts

Jesus christ, interviewing Alex Jones before you are supposed to host a Sandy Hook-related event. What a fuck up.

Yeah that was incredibly stupid and insensitive.

However I'm still struggling to understand the huge outrage over the Alex Jones interview before the interview has even been seen. If it ends up being a hard-hitting interview, sometimes it's good putting idiots/bigots on blast so they can no longer hide under the shadows. Perhaps the next time someone is watching Alex Jones, everyone around them will know exactly what lunacy they're engaging in and can be shamed for it.

Now if Megyn Kelly does a softball interview and legitimizes Alex Jones, then I can see the outrage. But it's my understanding people were getting outraged before the interview even happened.

I personally think there's value in putting monsters in direct sunlight if the interviewer handles it responsibly.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

However I'm still struggling to understand the huge outrage over the Alex Jones interview before the interview has even been seen. If it ends up being a hard-hitting interview, sometimes it's good putting idiots/bigots on blast so they can no longer hide under the shadows. Perhaps the next time someone is watching Alex Jones, everyone around them will know exactly what lunacy they're engaging in and can be shamed for it.

Now if Megyn Kelly does a softball interview and legitimizes Alex Jones, then I can see the outrage. But it's my understanding people were getting outraged before the interview even happened.

I personally think there's value in putting monsters in direct sunlight if the interviewer handles it responsibly.

She didn't exactly push Putin very hard in that interview and she's not exactly known for doing so in general. There's no reason to give her the benefit of the doubt here.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Alex Jones has a huge following of unhinged idiots who will defend anything he says or does. Giving him a spotlight energizes them and likely creates new fans. There's no upside. Everyone else already hates or is unaware of him. With Jones particular breed of evil bullshit there is no such thing as bad publicity.

He's already a pariah and she can't expose him.

Alucrid

Banned

what greater insight about alex jones are we expecting from this? even if it is hard hitting, who gives a fuck? as if everyone hasn't been beating alex jones over the head for the past however long now? he's not really hiding in the shadows and an interview with megyn kelly is going to make his sandy hook denying, birther believing listeners come to their senses.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Hard to give her the benefit of the doubt when she posed for photos with Alex Jones that he's using for promotional purposes. To me, that speaks volumes about the agendas at play here.

the_id

The 24 hour gotcha news cycle has ruined everything. Real journalism takes time, investigation, vetting and attention. You rarely see that anymore. Those that excel have more time to do so. And when they do it's ignored or glossed over because of some other big news.
Hence why I love the New York Times and the Washington Post.

FStubbs

She didn't exactly push Putin very hard in that interview and she's not exactly known for doing so in general. There's no reason to give her the benefit of the doubt here.

She'll do it if they have someone liberal and/or black for her to interview. She'll go in hard.

Ponn

Banned
Just watch the piece. This guy is looney tunes.

He's not looney tunes. Like most of these alt-right, far right extreme conservative conspiracy pushing mouth pieces they are playing a role because they are semi-good at manipulation with no moral compass holding them back trying to make lots of money. The douchebag probably doesn't believe 90% of the bullshit he shovels and him and his "journalist' just scour the internet daily for the stupidest most fear mongering shit they can plaster as news to keep the clicks coming.

It's a thousand times worse than being looney tunes.

He's not looney tunes. Like most of these alt-right, far right extreme conservative conspiracy pushing mouth pieces they are playing a role because they are semi-good at manipulation with no moral compass holding them back trying to make lots of money. The douchebag probably doesn't believe 90% of the bullshit he shovels and him and his "journalist' just scour the internet daily for the stupidest most fear mongering shit they can plaster as news to keep the clicks coming.

I bet these people go to bed each night counting their money while laughing that people out there actually believe their garbage.

Well apparently Jones didn't think custody of his child was enough incentive to break the 'act' for 5 minutes...

Ovid

How can anyone believe this stuff? These stories remind me of conspiracy stories on television and the internet in the late 90's. Entertainment that isn't meant to be believable.

Top Bottom