• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megyn Kelly loses ratings in 4th straight week, beaten by reruns of AFV again

It's almost as if when you've made a career being a bitchy, overrated, right-wing hack that nobody in the network TV audience wants anything to do with you. She's alienated the Pro-Trump crowd by refusing to tow the party line, but the very fact that she was on Fox News means progressives (NBC's typical audience) will never watch.

Her career is over.

Chris R

The 60 minutes was actually really cool with some interesting stories (Watson/AI and a short piece on a Japanese baseball player)

FiggyCal

Banned
Don't her former viewers think she's some super liberal because she wanted women to have maternity leave or something? I mean, nobody likes her at this point.

I don't think so. Fox News threw a bunch of money at her and she still left.

Some Trump supporters are still salty from the debates though.

muteki

Saget hosting AFV today with his real-world asshole persona would be amazing.

Ha, still a tv show for some reason. Babyboomers maybe? Even at 37, all my peers just go to youtube. It's basically unlimited AFV 24/7.

Millennials have their version too:

ridiculousness.jpg

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
People making a big deal About America's Funniest Home Videos seem to forget about Tosh.0 and similar shows that have the same basic premise of AFHV

jmdajr

It's almost as if when you've made a career being a bitchy, overrated, right-wing hack that nobody in the network TV audience wants anything to do with you. She's alienated the Pro-Trump crowd by refusing to tow the party line, but the very fact that she was on Fox News means progressives (NBC's typical audience) will never watch.

Her career is over.

Pretty much man.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Don't laugh but my girlfriend submitted a video of me eating a kumquat to AFV. I don't react well to sour/bitter citrus and never had one before. Was awful. She recorded it and some people found it hilarious.

This was a few weeks ago.

We should totally have a GFV.

As for Megan Kelly it's not surprising to me that her ratings aren't great she doesn't have an audience of braindead viewers anymore that will lap up whatever she dishes out.
It's weird, 2017 should be the year of Conservative media.
They don't have a boogeyman anymore.

BigDug13

People making a big deal About America's Funniest Home Videos seem to forget about Tosh.0 and similar shows that have the same basic premise of AFHV

Same basic premise but Tosh runs with that format for the first segment only, so 7 minutes. The other segments are different. If Tosh just did his first segment style for 30 minutes each episode, I don't think he would have gained the same popularity.

Slayven

Same basic premise but Tosh runs with that format for the first segment only, so 7 minutes. The other segments are different. If Tosh just did his first segment style for 30 minutes each episode, I don't think he would have gained the same popularity.

I found out Tosh gets 6 mill a year for that show, no wonder he cut back on standup

I don't know how NBC thought this would ever work. In three of the four weeks her big interview has been with a ring winger...on a liberal network. Conservatives aren't going to want to watch it because they avoid left wing news and liberals aren't going to want to watch it because they don't want to hear from these people. So, who the fuck is it supposed to appeal to?

And to think that they lost Tamron Hall over Megyn Kelly. What a fuck up!

MisterR

It's weird, 2017 should be the year of Conservative media.

That's not how it works. whoever is out of power always gets a boost, because people are complacent when they like the people in charge, when it flips they reinvest and are more fired up.

I still think that it's hillarious that someone(well since it's a major tv network-so most likely a group of people) thought that it was a good idea to hire her.

LQX

I'm not getting how MSNBC thought pushing conservative hosts on there clearly liberal base was a good thing. They tried to copy Fox News but Fox sure as shit would not do this. So damn odd.

jett

D-Member
Today I've learned that America's Funniest Home Videos are still a thing, and hosted by Carlton no less LOL.

That's kinda neat, a double dose of 90's nostalgia. I used to watch this crap all the time.

Wilsongt

Megyn Kelly's ratings were inflated on Fox because that was the only channel conservatives could watch during that time.

I coulda told you giving her her own show on NBC was going to flop because people not addicted to Fox News and their rhetoric have many more options of things to watch or news places to get informed.

rjinaz

I guess she should have stayed at Fox. Their audience really appreciates a pretty face in front of the hate.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Isn't it interesting how these big media companies keep hiring conservative hosts and pundits while firing and hiding progressives?

It's almost as if it's not about ratings but message and politics.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Don't laugh but my girlfriend submitted a video of me eating a kumquat to AFV. I don't react well to sour/bitter citrus and never had one before. Was awful. She recorded it and some people found it hilarious.

This was a few weeks ago.

Did you win any money or....?

Top Bottom