• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part Two - Sundays on AMC

Korigama

Lol people on this show are dumb.

Also love how everyone in the hotel are buddies and forgot about the beef. And it's stupid that the crazy ass mother who tried to kill Strand for killing a zombie hasn't been put out.
Wait a minute, she's still there and they're okay with it? Hahaha, wow.

charsace

Wait a minute, she's still there and they're okay with it? Hahaha, wow.
Yep. It's fucking bullshit what has just went down. They went there and resolved the beef they had and cleared out the zombies and all these people have done is shit on them.

Now this show is making Strand act dumb. The hotel group is even dumber than the main group and they are weak too. Yet he is staying with them. It makes no sense.

Bandit1

Strand wut u doin?? He's just gonna stay with all these strangers?

Weren't they just keeping an eye on her?

The rule doesn't apply to her even though she is crazy and offers nothing. It makes no sense.

Seems like they agreed that if anyone else acted violent they'd be put out. Like she was grandfathered in because they didn't make the rule until after she stabbed Strand. I could be wrong though.

Leeness

Last ten minutes of the first episode were glorious.

Also, dead at the fact that Chris was gone for like ten minutes and got himself killed. 😂

With all that fire power they could of funneled and taken all those walkers out if Rick and crew can do it with machetes at the prison im sure they could have

nillah

Banned
Meh, :9 still no REAL threat to drive the characters to do anything really extreme, getting cozy in the hotel was inevitable. What's his name knocking out those two punks though was glorious.

This second half is pretty boring, I'm glad they decided to show both the same night as this would have been a pretty bad finale.

Korigama

Last ten minutes of the first episode were glorious.

Also, dead at the fact that Chris was gone for like ten minutes and got himself killed. 😂
There is something endlessly amusing about someone so terrible getting off-screened (in the sense that it was limited to flashbacks) by a couple of throwaway characters.

charsace

Strand wut u doin?? He's just gonna stay with all these strangers?

Seems like they agreed that if anyone else acted violent they'd be put out. Like she was grandfathered in because they didn't make the rule until after she stabbed Strand. I could be wrong though.
The rule was created before she stabbed Strand. She should have been put out. Instead it's a thread that is unresolved.

charsace

Terrible ep. Glad the season is over I am done with this show. You have some good actors in this show being wasted. Hope they cancel this so the actors can move on to better things.

Ecotic

It was good. I enjoy the setting of the show being at the Mexican-American border. The amount of main characters is manageable unlike TWD which has blossomed to like 20 characters. Alejandro's enclosed camp didn't turn out to be a wolf in sheep's clothing like the other times in TWD when the group stumbled upon an enclosed site. I really hope that's not the end of Strand, he was a good character.

Bandit1

Sometimes these writers can be so lazy all those guns you tell me they couldn't get to higher ground and take the walkers out ?

Yeah that was really bad, they cut a path through those walkers to get in the colonia then once they're inside and the walkers get in they all get bitten even though they got AKs and shotguns... C'mon.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Dave Erickson answers all your finale burning questions, and previews season 3

So, he’s [Travis] absolutely broken, and we’ve seen a level of violence with him that we have not witnessed before. And it’s not something that he’s going to bounce back from. We took our time getting there with Travis, but he will be fully apocalyptic now, as we move forward.

For Madison, what we’ve learned of her — and what we’ll come to learn as far as season 3 — is that she can be colder when she needs to be. And she can be far more calculating. She’s actually, I think, one of the deadliest characters on the show. And we’ve seen evidence of that before, and we will certainly see it again as we move forward.

As we move into season 3, we’ll see more of the old Strand. We’ll see more that old con artist coming through. It’s someone who’s going to establish what the currency for the apocalypse is and how you survive.

Let’s put it this way: Strand has a plan. So, even though he lets her leave at the end, I think he already has an eye on what his next steps are going to be.

In terms of narrative direction in season 3, we are putting our characters on a collision course, ultimately. And I think a lot of those threads will start to come together. And we will hopefully have a Madison/Nick reunion at some point, and we’ll actually start to thread these things back into some family dynamic. But it’s safe to say we’ll be spending a little bit of time north of the border, as well as south of the border, in season 3.

For us, Daniel is still in the world, and it’s important that the characters think he’s gone, but there’s always a chance that he might reemerge.

wtf did i just watch lol this shit is horrible. I remember Nick being imprisoned at a military research facility in season 1? Why would he think this is any different?

Blame his driving instructor. Why would they let Chris drive in the first place? He doesn't have experience driving and he isn't familiar with the roads in Mexico. His death scene portrayed him as some sort of innocent victim and the two other passengers suffering minor injuries in that car accident seemed.. stupid. I'm glad hes gone though.

He got stabbed before.. the only doctor at the hotel is now dead.. he turned his gun on the others and the front gate is now destroyed. So what was the logic behind Strand staying.

Everything about the show is just so dumb.

Ledsen

As a huge fan of TWD, I'm wondering if this show is worth watching going forward? I'm on the third or fourth episode of season 2 and so far it's one of the most boring shows I've ever see. Every character is terrible, I think this is the first show ever where I've disliked every single person that's on screen. Especially the mom and the old guy's kid. I just want to punch them whenever they're on screen. Strand is a super bland take on the mysterious stranger. The actors are horrendous. The plot goes nowhere and there is no interesting conflict. Any point in continuing or should I finally give up my hate-watch? Will there at least be some deaths to enjoy?

What a boring finale. I'm also glad they showed both episodes on the same night, and that I watched them already. The first was better, for sure.

I'm glad that you know who is gone, it's great. I was hoping boring old Strand would be, too.

The near final scene at the
border, with the shootout
was so damned lazy, boring and unnecessary. Can't they think of anything better?

At least it's over for a year.

Chris is dead, hallelujah!

Praise the celluloid gods!

zugzug

Hahahahaha... they killed Chris off like that? So fucking stupid...

Wow this show's writing is terrible. An offscreen death which we can't truly believe really happened just like that? As well to die so stupidly. They really must not have thought Chris could act at all to have an offscreen death in such a stupid manner.

Back to the main characters of the show its the same damn thing how can you like or even want to root for this people. Travis head smashes the groom(a nice guy) and then daughter one stab in the heart dead the brother/medical fixer(another nice guy). Feels bad for those resort people. Then everyone loses their shit on Travis and Madison yet we still have the Bride's mother in lockup(again why cast the bride's mothers actor if she got such terrible screentime).

Don't we complain about TWD how can we watch this when the main characters are utter fucking shit tier people whom we do not actually like...now we have that in this show.

Then the Cliffhanger is just military doods firing with superior firepower on other humans who are again seen at least as innocent people. This show really is just the dregs of the worst of humanity ever. Two shows showing the worst of humanity ever in the same exact manner. AMC is being defrauded all that money.

eFKac

What a shitshow this finale turned out to be.

Dumb, dumb writing all around.

At least shit went down I guess?

Strand staying at the hotel where the situation will turn to a complete mess, why?

Nick thinking that a military/government site will be nirvana after what he went through in the US right after the outbreak, why?

Chris having the most anticlimactic death ever, why? Maybe the writers actually hated him as much as every viewer and thought that a death by getting put down by a bunch of C tier bro characters in a flashback after 30 minutes of a big parting ways with Travis set up was fitting for him.

Travis having his Rickrator moment and going full apocalyptic in the future, why? We don't need more TWD parallels, and having at least one character with a likable, moral dynamic would have been refreshing. At least execution scene was good.

20 cartel guys with automatic weapons get overwhelmed by a group of zombies in an open space, why? Even the writers knew it made no sense in their universe and they only showed the aftermath.

Ehh I think I've had enough, I'm a sucker for anything post apocalyptic but I think I'm done, need to look for something else.

I don't know, Chris was a psycho, but I still felt like that was a pretty shitty death. Having a character that's been in the show from the start killed off by two random dudes that were barely in the show was pretty weak.

riotous

Banned
The Colonia stuff was dumb; Strand staying behind made sense to me though. He did it because he's not a murderer. The 3 he decided not to join are. They all kill to protect their family and he's not a part of that.

This entire forum seemed to think Madison is the dumbest character in the show, why would you then judge Strand for not following her into the void?

Surfinn

Is it possible that they're going to pull a Glenn and have Chris be alive somehow? They could explain it away as "that was the vision Travis had of his son". Would be incredibly stupid but wouldn't surprise me. Maybe there's another explanation for why they said Chris was dead. Though any single one wouldn't make sense of course.

riotous

Banned
Is it possible that they're going to pull a Glenn and have Chris be alive somehow? They could explain it away as "that was the vision Travis had of his son". Would be incredibly stupid but wouldn't surprise me. Maybe there's another explanation for why they said Chris was dead. Though any single one wouldn't make sense of course.

To some extent their story made no sense. They left going Norh in the AM then claimed they let Chris drive when the 2 were too tired to drive. If that story is true they'd have been many hours away by car and would have no reason to walk back South and wouldn't have shown up for weeks.

Of course making sense has never been the shows priority. But to some extent their story being a lie makes more sense. But then why tell a guy who is kicking your ass that you killed his son?

Kyne

I don't know, Chris was a psycho, but I still felt like that was a pretty shitty death. Having a character that's been in the show from the start killed off by two random dudes that were barely in the show was pretty weak.

it's all good. He gettin' that Ghost Rider money now.

Lorcain

It's pretty disappointing to learn that Chris and his mom were just plot devices to help move Travis along his journey towards the heart of darkness. We had to suffer through Chris so that Travis could become a cold-blooded apocalyptic killer. If the writers and actor had done a better job with Chris, I might have felt more for the father-son storyline, but Chris ended up being a terribly unlikable character.

The killer bonding moment between Travis and Madison was weird. That's an interesting way to bring him back to her. He foreshadowed in season 1 his Maori warrior heritage, so I'm guessing season 3 will have more of him kicking ass and stomping skulls.

The mexican cartell guys all dying at the Colonia was so damn weak. They were like 20 or more guys, heavily armed, and can't get those damn walkers killed? It was almost funny when they were running away from the walkers at the stairway like little children. Perfect environment - for the guys with the long range weapons that is - and yet they killed like 5 and then ran away. WTF

Edit: I smiled a little when Chris got killed. Am I a bad person?

Chris had one of the most embarrassing yet deserved deaths ever. Dude acted all smug and thought of himself as a bad ass, abandons his father for some psycho guys he's known for 2 days and then gets himself killed an hour later lol.

To some extent their story made no sense. They left going Norh in the AM then claimed they let Chris drive when the 2 were too tired to drive. If that story is true they'd have been many hours away by car and would have no reason to walk back South and wouldn't have shown up for weeks.

Of course making sense has never been the shows priority. But to some extent their story being a lie makes more sense. But then why tell a guy who is kicking your ass that you killed his son?
You're trying to explain walking dead writers the same
Who had about at least fifteen men with guns with the high ground get destroyed by zombies coming from downhill.

ElRenoRaven

The mexican cartell guys all dying at the Colonia was so damn weak. They were like 20 or more guys, heavily armed, and can't get those damn walkers killed? It was almost funny when they were running away from the walkers at the stairway like little children. Perfect environment - for the guys with the long range weapons that is - and yet they killed like 5 and then ran away. WTF

Edit: I smiled a little when Chris got killed. Am I a bad person?

Nope. I was glad to see him gone. Hated him from the beginning. Hope eventually her son gets written off too. Him and chris by far have been the worst 2 characters on the show.

Surfinn

You're trying to explain walking dead writers the same
Who had about at least fifteen men with guns with the high ground get destroyed by zombies coming from downhill.

I've gotta say.. I was like.. wait they're coming from once entrance and they've all got automatic weapons.. they're on higher ground.. and they could probably flee before getting bit.

They clearly had no problem getting into the bus and past the walkers so.. why wouldn't they be able to do the same thing again?

Eh, whatever. I've accepted that the writing is pretty bad.

The last two episodes were some of the best the show has had to offer, though. The absolute highlight of Fear the Walking Dead so far has been Travis coming unglued. That was a really powerful scene, well done.

First time I've actually cared about any of these characters in a real way.

bitbydeath

I'm just glad they wrapped up a lot of the awful stories they had introduced previously, season 3 now has a chance for a new start with hopefully new writers.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought that was a pretty good end to the season. Lots of stuff happened (it could have ended the way season 3 of the OG show did, which would have been hideously awful) and now everyone is on the move again, which puts the show in an exciting position for season 3.

Also, Nick's thumbs-to-eyes stab was one of the best zombie kills in the entire franchise. After 6 seasons of the main show and 2 of this, I thought I'd long become desensitized to zombie gore. I was wrong.

"We didn't get far. After we left, wasted, and banditos on the highway, it was one step forward two steps back."

I mean, the whole world fell to the zombie threat. Entire militaries were wiped out. The very premise of the franchise doesn't make all that much sense if you really stop to think about it.

The only reason Rick and Co. can wipe out an entire horde (with melee weapons!) is because they're the main characters.

Chris had one of the most embarrassing yet deserved deaths ever. Dude acted all smug and thought of himself as a bad ass, abandons his father for some psycho guys he's known for 2 days and then gets himself killed an hour later lol.

I actually thought they handled his death really well. It was a sad (in a pathetic way) but entirely appropriate end for the character.

riotous

Banned
RatskyWatsky said:
"We didn't get far. After we left, wasted, and banditos on the highway, it was one step forward two steps back."

They also said they let Chris drive after they both got too tired.

Top Bottom