• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part Two - Sundays on AMC

I don't watch this but I met the actor that played Chris last year, super cool dude, what were the circumstances behind what happened to him?

RS4-

Lol I just finished episode 14. What a fuck fest, so bad.

I didn't realize the finale was aired too.

I'm sorry but I fucking hate the 3 characters in that family and don't give two shits if they're protecting one another. They come in, fuck shit up, and then leave. I hope they get hunted down and terrorised for their stupid shit.

The Giant

Banned
The fact that the actor that plays Chris is Ghost Rider's brother Gabe in Agents of Shield. Made it pretty obvious that Chris was gonna die.

SURGEdude

Have they seriously just not decided to explain how Ofelia escaped the hotel? At this point is almost feels like a plot hole. It's hardly interesting enough to be a cliffhanger and yet they just decided never to explain it... Unless I missed something.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ratings:

Season Two:

Episode 1: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 5.6 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 4.7 million viewers and a 2.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 4.8 million viewers and a 2.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 4.4 million viewers and a 2.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 4.5 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 4.4 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating

Episode 8: 3.9 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 9: 3.7 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 10: 3.0 million viewers and 1.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 11: 3.4 million viewers and 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 12: 3.6 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 13: 3.5 million viewers and 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 14: 3.7 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 15: 3.0 million viewers and 1.3 A18-49 rating

jelly

Not leaving me too enthusiastic for season 3. I hate them all and they do stupid things over and over, writing is trash. I think the writers probably couldn't tell you what happened last season, military base, that worked out well last time!

Surfinn

Ratings:

Season Two:

Ouch, big drop. I'm surprised the ratings aren't higher considering the last two episodes were some of the best they've done, even if they weren't excellent.

Tansut

Wait what? I was saying they've been doing better. Why would ratings drop? The Travis stuff was the best thing they've done on the show yet.
If some of your only good episodes are the last two of a season, it stands to reason that a lot of people are going to drop out before even letting the show give them one last chance. Worse still, if a season's best is only even kind of good then it's no wonder they're shedding viewers.

Surfinn

If some of your only good episodes are the last two of a season, it stands to reason that a lot of people are going to drop out before even letting the show give them one last chance. Worse still, if a season's best is only even kind of good then it's no wonder they're shedding viewers.

Ah ok gotcha, I get it now.

So basically Madison and Alycia watch Travis brutally murder two boys and they're like "that's cool, they deserved it, let's split". These are cartoon characters with no basis in reality. They've taken the cast from 0 to cold-blooded killers in two seasons, basically putting them on par with TWD's last season. I find it pretty distasteful and one-dimensional.

I actually liked the Colonia, and Nick's actor really stepped up with some good performances, especially in the finale.

But then I realized the writers are trying to use this show as a giant metaphor for illegal immigration and refugees, and doing so in a completely transparent and ham-fisted manner. I mean the writers took it the point of having an actual group of border patrol guys not only capturing Ofelia, but ambushing the Colonia group when they tried to cross into the U.S. I swear if they kill Luciana... but then again, I don't even know if I can stomach another season of this.

Volimar

So basically Madison and Alycia watch Travis brutally murder two boys and they're like "that's cool, they deserved it, let's split". These are cartoon characters with no basis in reality. They've taken the cast from 0 to cold-blooded killers in two seasons, basically putting them on par with TWD's last season. I find it pretty distasteful and one-dimensional.

I actually liked the Colonia, and Nick's actor really stepped up with some good performances, especially in the finale.

But then I realized the writers are trying to use this show as a giant metaphor for illegal immigration and refugees, and doing so in a completely transparent and ham-fisted manner. I mean the writers took it the point of having an actual group of border patrol guys not only capturing Ofelia, but ambushing the Colonia group when they tried to cross into the U.S. I swear if they kill Luciana... but then again, I don't even know if I can stomach another season of this.

Are they even border patrol? Maybe they're idiot militia guys who are using the mexicans as slave labor in that camp.

riotous

Banned
Madison's murder was already ridiculously 0-100; pretty much no reason to do that other than some contrived worry that her son was being influenced. Then Nick up and leaving without even really knowing why there was a fire.

Compared to that Travis beating 2 people to death and accidentally head shorting a guy with a door + Alicia stabbing someone for threatening Travis is outright reasonable.

Are they even border patrol? Maybe they're idiot militia guys who are using the mexicans as slave labor in that camp.

Well we don't know exactly who they are, but they definitely conjure the image of those 'volunteer' border patrol guys from a few years back. I think the metaphor is there, whether they turn out to actually be doing that or just doing some messed up apocalypse stuff.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Really can't get into any of these main characters. I find them so annoying. Glad Chris is dead. If Nick, Madison, Travis died I wouldn't care. Only half decent one is the girl Alicia.

Probably not gonna bother with season 3. I don't see how it's any different from The Walking Dead. They said Fear would deal with what happened before but that really didn't last long.

keuja

Those two punks and Chris got what they deserved. I liked the 2 episodes overall, although it's hard to believe that the mexican cartel would get so easily wiped out... Where did the rest of them, and the supplies, go by the way?

Surfinn

Those two punks and Chris got what they deserved. I liked the 2 episodes overall, although it's hard to believe that the mexican cartel would get so easily wiped out... Where did the rest of them, and the supplies, go by the way?

As much of a step up the last two episodes have been.. I have to agree with this. They could have made a great bad guy out of the cartel but instead they demote them all to fumbling idiots who can't defend themselves against walkers in broad daylight with automatic weapons (even completely out in the open).

One of the shows bigger mistakes in regard to taking the story to Mexico.

barit

God damn this show is so dumb. Everyone acts so stupid and nothing seems to make really sense. What the hell are the writers / showrunners thinking? Geez, it's about time that the real Walking Dead starts again. This shit is painful to watch lol

it's about time that the real Walking Dead starts again.

I'll never understand the sentiment that TWD is somehow so much better than FTWD, the main Walking Dead show is just as dumb much of the time. Unlike FTWD, TWD has comic cred going for it, so I think people are just more willing to give it more of a pass.

I watch and enjoy both but I've long since stopped expecting Oscar material out of them. They're just "dumb fun" zombie shows to me, still the best ones of their kind on TV despite their flaws.

ShinAmano

So missed that this came back on...when/where can I stream this? (Legally)

I see on AMC.com...how about netflix/amazon?

barit

I'll never understand the sentiment that TWD is somehow so much better than FTWD, the main Walking Dead show is just as dumb much of the time. Unlike FTWD, TWD has comic cred going for it, so I think people are just more willing to give it more of a pass.

I watch and enjoy both but I've long since stopped expecting Oscar material out of them. They're just "dumb fun" zombie shows to me, still the best ones of their kind on TV despite their flaws.

Yeah I know that the comics/novels are way better than both shows and maybe I'm a bit harsh here. But I freaking love TWD and can't wait to watch Season 7. Still need to read the comics tho because I only hear good things about it and I will do it soon.

Nameless

While not S tier, TWD is definitely, at worst, a B-tier show that occasionally reaches A.. It's a couple levels above FTWD without question. The performances, film making, music, and writing are all noticeably better.

Also fuck yeah Travis. About time his Z-Poc balls dropped. Too bad it took Psycho Chris' death.

Daffy Duck

Chris had one of the most embarrassing yet deserved deaths ever. Dude acted all smug and thought of himself as a bad ass, abandons his father for some psycho guys he's known for 2 days and then gets himself killed an hour later lol.

Yeah, it's pretty hilarious. Life lesson learnt.

Surfinn

While not S tier, TWD is definitely, at worst, a B-tier show that occasionally reaches A.. It's a couple levels above FTWD without question. The performances, film making, music, and writing are all noticeably better.

Also fuck yeah Travis. About time his Z-Poc balls dropped. Too bad it took Psycho Chris' death.

I would say at worst TWD approaches the worst of FTWD. Lots of people are willing to overlook its lows because its a better show than FTWD. It's got horrendous lows.. look at pretty much any character from Alexandria as proof of this.

I can't say I'm surprised to see the negative opinion about this show here (because you're all a bunch of negative nancy's) but I actually really like this show. I'm consistently enthralled with the characters, the stories that are being told and generally I care when someone dies. Baby James, for example, I thought was incredibly sad.

Probably enjoy it more than the main show and hope it goes on for many more seasons.

Watching the season finale now.

Edited in impressions:
WOOHOO Chris is dead! Finally a character got what was coming to them
Why did Victor stay? He is literally surrounded by people whom one of them tried to kill him, and the others will want to kill the group he was apart of.
Are you fucking kidding me. They had a fucking army equipped with Machine Guns... How the fuck did the cartels not wipe the floor with the zombies
Leave it to the Southern States of America to organize a "freedom force" when society has collapsed. Gotta protect dem borders from zombies

hokahey

You don't have kids do you?

Nameless

I would say at worst TWD approaches the worst of FTWD. Lots of people are willing to overlook its lows because its a better show than FTWD. It's got horrendous lows.. look at pretty much any character from Alexandria as proof of this.

Outside of maybe Aaron, the Alexandrians only real function is to serve as dramatic fodder for the main group. Opinions and all but I can't point to a single TWD episode from the past couple of seasons as bad as the lowest points of FTWD. The Morgan episode was probably the worst in S6 but it still featured Lennie James giving a better performance than you'll ever see on FTWD.

I would have liked it better if Chris went off and turned into a proto Governor or Negan-type character that would have come back to bite them in the ass a season or two later. Having him get offed by those two dipshits in a flashback just completely squandered any potential they could have gotten out of forcing people watch him develop into a mini-Shane in the second half of the season. I want to say there's potential that he's not dead because it was a flashback from two liars, but it doesn't make sense for them to lie about killing son of the man that's currently curb stomping you.

And the people complaining about the murdering - what show have you been watching? This whole family's been sketchy as fuck from the beginning. Madison always carries around this dead look and weight to her like she's murdered people before the apocalypse. When she was telling Alicia about what really happened to her father, I was expecting Madison to turn to the camera and whisper "I cut the brake line." Alicia probably inherited her murder-genes.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Outside of maybe Aaron, the Alexandrians only real function is to serve as dramatic fodder for the main group. Opinions and all but I can't point to a single TWD episode from the past couple of seasons as bad as the lowest points of FTWD. The Morgan episode was probably the worst in S6 but it still featured Lennie James giving a better performance than you'll ever see on FTWD.

Agreed. The Walking Dead may have a ton of filler, but at least that filler is somewhat entertaining. Fear doesn't have that factor outside of like 3 characters. Which were (before I dropped it) split up.

Strand's interactions with Madison are about the only thing that save Madison, otherwise her, her boyfriend, Chris (who is thankfully gone now), and like... maybe Ofelia could be gone.

Leaving Strand, Daniel (if he comes back), the 400 lesbian, and Junkie Depp as far more interesting and more watchable characters if the writers keep them.

The Walking Dead cast may have too many people, but generally they do give arcs that turn those folks around. Did you expect Norman Reedus' character to become a fan favorite when he was first introduced in season 1 (granted this was before LOL OMG NORMAN REEDUS! *FANGIRL* happened to get Darabont to keep him and his "brother" on the show)? Carol going from abused house-wife to the Terminator/Assassin's Creed house-wife-killer?

Fear doesn't have any of that going on. And moving from outside a city (which could've been interesting) to sparse Baja California does nothing for me. The boat/island episode was where the show almost was worth watching, but then it went right back to "waste of my time."

Ratings:

Season Two:

*cackle* Yaasssss go to 2.0 mill and under, love.

someday

Banned
Wasn't episode 15 shown immediately after episode 14? Why would that many people stop watching, and presumably not go back in the next day or so to watch the finale?

Surfinn

Wasn't episode 15 shown immediately after episode 14? Why would that many people stop watching, and presumably not go back in the next day or so to watch the finale?
Maybe it got lower views because episode 15 was outside of its usual timeframe?

someday

Banned
Maybe it got lower views because episode 15 was outside of its usual timeframe?

Probably. I just figured most people would watch it the next day or something and the ratings would reflect that. I guess the 700,000 people waited until the weekend or something to watch the finale so weren't included.

I actually enjoyed the last 2 episodes alot. I'm excited for what's to come next season. Sucks that all those people that Nick lead to what he thought was going to be a refugee camp are probably gonna die now because they have no where to go.

Top Bottom