• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part Two - Sundays on AMC

I know, the whole way they handled that was bizarre. First they hyped up the webseries because "someone from the cast will be joining the main show!" (even going so far as to drag it out air it on TV), then they don't even bother trying to hide which cast member it is (from the very first episode it was obvious that it was going to be Alex), and then they finally brought her on the show only to do basically nothing with her. I mean, will anyone even remember her if/when they bring her back next season?

I'd remember her as pretty much the only competent person on the show.

Bandit1

I know, the whole way they handled that was bizarre. First they hyped up the webseries because "someone from the cast will be joining the main show!" (even going so far as to drag it out air it on TV), then they don't even bother trying to hide which cast member it is (from the very first episode it was obvious that it was going to be Alex), and then they finally brought her on the show only to do basically nothing with her. I mean, will anyone even remember her if/when they bring her back next season?

It would be pretty simple to do a pre-credits flashback of the crash, or to the moment where Strand cuts her line from the boat and I think most people would go "Oh yeah, I remember that girl." But I think the best way to bring her back to the characters would have been lighting up the hotel and having her show up with the other refugess. Then next week we could go back and see how she got there. Maybe a bit of a missed opportunity from my point of view.

The first half or so was some of the best the show has had to offer, IMO. But the second half suffered from LOTS of the same issues that have plagued the show such as poor pacing and stiff acting. Alicia is a terrible, terrible actress and it looked like they deliberately cut her scenes as much as possible during the Madison reveal. They really need to stop giving her scenes where she has to deliver strong emotional performances because she comes up flat almost every time.

Too much talking toward the end, it really killed the great pacing of the beginning of the episode.

Maybe I missed it but.. why did they kill their injured friend again? What was the purpose? Why not just leave his ass behind if he can't pull the weight? And why did they kill their friend but not Travis? Bizarre writing to me.

I give the episode a C, pretty good but the latter half was flat and poorly executed.

Pretty sure they just killed him because he was slowing them down and they didn't want to leave him to suffer and fend for himself alone. They didn't know when/if he would get better and in their mind they were doing the right thing by putting him out of his misery. And I guess they let Travis live because he tried to help their friend heal, and it could be implied that at some point while they were discussing the plan Chris was like "yo don't kill my dad."

Surfinn

Pretty sure they just killed him because he was slowing them down and they didn't want to leave him to suffer and fend for himself alone. They didn't know when/if he would get better and in their mind they were doing the right thing by putting him out of his misery. And I guess they let Travis live because he tried to help their friend heal, and it could be implied that at some point while they were discussing the plan Chris was like "yo don't kill my dad."

But Travis was there to care for their friend. It's not like they were literally leaving him alone. And it's also not like they really knew or trusted Chris. Makes no sense why they'd keep his dad alive and not their friend.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ratings:

Season Two:

Episode 1: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 5.6 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 4.7 million viewers and a 2.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 4.8 million viewers and a 2.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 4.4 million viewers and a 2.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 4.5 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 4.4 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating

Episode 8: 3.9 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 9: 3.7 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 10: 3.0 million viewers and 1.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 11: 3.4 million viewers and 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 12: 3.6 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 13: 3.5 million viewers and 1.5 A18-49 rating

Nice to see the ratings have at least evened out. I'm suspecting the finale will do at least a bit better than Pillar of Salt did maybe 4 million?

I overall liked this episode, but i have to say. .

There have been a lot of stupid decisions made in the walking dead series, but Madison turning that sign on has to be the single dumbest thing anyone across either show has ever done.

Travis really should have shot them with that gun, but you know what... thank fuck the worst character is out of the show (for) now.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The two hour season finale is tonight!

Wrath

Travis is blindsided by new refugees at the hotel. Meanwhile, Nick must make the decision to leave the Colonia or stay with Luciana.

North

In the second-season finale, Travis' rage causes unrest at the RBH; and Madison must decide if she will stand by Travis. Meanwhile, Nick takes on leadership of the Colonia as Narcos close in.

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Alycia Debnam-Carey (Alicia) and two surprise cast members!

Bandit1

Kind of odd that they chose to air back to back episodes and have three weeks until The Walking Dead starts.

I hope the riptide zombies come back out of the water for this finale. I feel like there should be some repercussions for that plan and it seems to me that the show would be giving the characters a pass if we never see the water zombies again.

Kind of odd that they chose to air back to back episodes and have three weeks until The Walking Dead starts.

I hope the riptide zombies come back out of the water for this finale. I feel like there should be some repercussions for that plan and it seems to me that the show would be giving the characters a pass if we never see the water zombies again.
My guess is that they're going to start a TWD full series marathon to lead into the premiere.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
can a walker please just eat Madison, she is the worst mother and an all round terrible character.

I agree that she's the weakest character on the show, and wouldn't mind at all if she died in tonight's finale. It would also be really interesting to see what would happen to Travis if he lost Madison after just having lost Chris (and before that Liza).

I don't see them killing off Nick or Strand since they're fan favorites or Ophelia because they haven't done anything with her character yet. Travis also, because he just lost his son and it wouldn't make sense for him to go through all of that and then just die the following week.

Chris is definitely on the chopping block (which sucks because he's this show's Shane), Madison too (she has some pretty big death flags - reconciling with Alicia after a lifetime of tension/resentment and also was the one who made the mistake of lighting the beacon).

I think they have a couple of specials planned to air in the meantime.

But Travis was there to care for their friend. It's not like they were literally leaving him alone. And it's also not like they really knew or trusted Chris. Makes no sense why they'd keep his dad alive and not their friend.

I overall liked this episode, but i have to say. .

There have been a lot of stupid decisions made in the walking dead series, but Madison turning that sign on has to be the single dumbest thing anyone across either show has ever done.
Que Andrea and governor

Wow this hate watch of FWD just turned into straight enjoyment. Maybe Travis can now comprehend the reality of the zombie apocalypse.

charsace

Lol people on this show are dumb.

Also love how everyone in the hotel are buddies and forgot about the beef. And it's stupid that the crazy ass mother who tried to kill Strand for killing a zombie hasn't been put out.

Top Bottom