• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part Two - Sundays on AMC

This show is so awful compared to The Walking Dead. The majority of the characters are flat and uninteresting, the setting is pretty bland and it feels like there are no stakes. I don't really care if any of these people live or die.

It is bad.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

Pillar of Salt

Madison springs into action when one of the hotel residents gets violent. Meanwhile, Alejandro shows a darker side of himself at the Colonia.

The episode was written by Carla Ching (Graceland), who is making her Fear the Walking Dead debut, and was directed by Gerardo Naranjo (The Bridge), who is also making his Fear the Walking Dead debut.

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Mercedes Mason (Ofelia)
David Alpert (executive producer)
Dylan Sprayberry (actor, Teen Wolf)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Welp. RIP Strand?

Leaves Druggie Depp as the only interesting character in the show and
killing off the gay black man

riotous

Banned
LOL.. I like how you didn't spoil the major spoiler.. then spoiled some pointless text (which is a pet peeve of mine, sorry but that shit is as annoying as when people used to put 50 carriage returns in between parts oft heir posts :p)

riotous

Banned
If they do kill him of I can only imagine it's because the actor wants off the show or something. He has to be the favorite on the show, or at least top 2 right?

TheSeks

LOL.. I like how you didn't spoil the major spoiler..

Honestly, I expected I was the only one watching given how long Ratsky's post and my post was.

Also given how dwindling numbers the ratings are going.
And my lack of interest in the show. I'm mostly hate watching it now.

Honestly, I expected I was the only one watching given how long Ratsky's post and my post was.

You must care somewhat since you are in here posting weekly LOL.

Korigama

I'm still watching, but I'd be lying if I said I was paying all that much attention (somewhat more this week, not much at all last week).

TheSeks

You must care somewhat since you are in here posting weekly LOL.

Like I told Ratsky. I get a certain amount of glee from the show's dropped ratings. I skipped the episode two weeks ago and watched these last two, but the quality is still just bad. I think I may tune out after this one, especially since Daniel is gone.

DrStiles

These characters just always act so dumb it's getting ridiculous. Like why would Madison even run into that interrogation room just beause she heard there is another American? That's just asking to get killed.

PepperedHam

What the fuck is with this show and not showing the result of the cliffhanger from two weeks ago? I'm genuinely pissed off about it.

TheSeks

These characters just always act so dumb it's getting ridiculous. Like why would Madison even run into that interrogation room just beause she heard there is another American? That's just asking to get killed.

Exactly. I lol'd because you know the writers only did it to make sure she got to Nick before one of them (and Strand is gonna die because of both of them) dies.

TheSeks

And we won't know the fate of Strand for two (possibly 3) episodes.

GG writers. GG.

Since it's a Chris and what's his face episode next week, I won't be tuning in.

charsace

Think I am done with this show after the season. People just do things so stupid that it pisses me off. Only a complete fucking idiot would turn on the power for that hotel at night.

TheSeks

???

Strand is still alive.

Not when I posted that. He got stabbed right in the liver. But magical plot holes mean he didn't get any major organs shivved.

Now... *ahem* WHAT IS THE RATINGS, RATSKY!?

Bandit1

What cliffhanger?

I'm guessing they were talking about the part where Chris shot the farmer guy. Been a couple episodes and we haven't seen anything else. I'm actually looking forward to see how that plays out more than anything else, looks like Travis will make his way to the hotel, not sure where Chris is though. Maybe Travis had him look at the flowers.

BizzyBum

My guess is Travis ends up brutally killing those kids after they kill Chris for some reason and emerges as Rick 2.0

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Now... *ahem* WHAT IS THE RATINGS, RATSKY!?

They may be down more than usual this week due to the Emmys btw.

I'm guessing they were talking about the part where Chris shot the farmer guy. Been a couple episodes and we haven't seen anything else. I'm actually looking forward to see how that plays out more than anything else, looks like Travis will make his way to the hotel, not sure where Chris is though. Maybe Travis had him look at the flowers.

Oh yeah, that. I guess, but I just assumed Travis was like "omg Chris no" and Chris was like "this is who we are now dad" and then Travis was like "I'm going to go pout". It didn't really need a lot of follow up imo.

Bandit1

My guess is Travis ends up brutally killing those kids after they kill Chris for some reason and emerges as Rick 2.0

This is like best case scenario.

Oh yeah, that. I guess, but I just assumed Travis was like "omg Chris no" and Chris was like "this is who we are now dad" and then Travis was like "I'm going to go pout". It didn't really need a lot of follow up imo.

This is probably what will happen.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Madison is terrible.

It's too bad all these characters are shit, because what I like about this show more than the original is the fact that features actual locations instead of generic rundown buildings in boring looking forests. If they just did one season miniseries about random survivors across the world and make it World War Z-like, it'd probably make the zombie thing fresh to me again.

randome

Agree this show is awful. I like how they got back and the girl was like where were you guys?!!! And the lady was like ur mom got us into trouble. Bitch, that was like a few minutes max and they were waiting for the guy to collect the medicine anyway.

SURGEdude

I agree. Her moment in the last episode where she started to cry while telling Madison she thought she was dead, came off as so fake. Her acting was absolutely atrocious in that scene.

I think beyond her looks they maybe assumed she could act thanks to a surprisingly solid American accent. I mean compared to Lincoln's it's actually hard to tell it's fake. Or something.

Did I miss how Ofelia survived the hotel or what?

TheSeks

I think beyond her looks they maybe assumed she could act thanks to a surprisingly solid American accent. I mean compared to Lincoln's it's actually hard to tell it's fake. Or something.

She starred as a lesbian love interest in the 400 or whatever before being killed off for this show. So she isn't dying unless they cancel this show (oh how I wish) for the next 3-4 years.

Did I miss how Ofelia survived the hotel or what?

She somehow magically silently got out of the hotel and into the car.

TheSeks

Jesus. This fuckin' show.

I'm thinking we're supposed to suspect she got out while the zombies dropped thousands of floors to attack Madison and Strand, but that makes no sense when what's her face should've heard her stomping out the stairs.

SURGEdude

Aside from Ofelia's magic getaway, what the fuck is she doing?

Wasting more of our time boring the shit out of us with boring unimportant flashbacks.

Despite a shaky first season I had some hope this show could grow to be something decent. Instead this season has devolved into everything that was bad about season 1. It's like the read the criticism, doubled down, and found new bad ideas to add on top. This season has been an unmitigated disaster.

I can only hope they see the tanking ratings and widely held specific complaints to really try and right the ship next season. If that's even possible considering how much they've squandered already.

Watching it now is a morbid curiosity mixed with a small glimmer or ever fading hope. Apparently there is a rule about TWD shows that demand they shit on the audience during the 2nd season.

Madison was ridiculous this week.

I hope Strand makes it... I guess. I don't think they would kill him off like that though
hopefully

This show really didn't need that break between season halves though

SURGEdude

Madison was ridiculous this week.

I hope Strand makes it... I guess. I don't think they would kill him off like that though
hopefully

This show really didn't need that break between season halves though

I agree the break isn't helpful. But the alternative would be likely be them adding more episodes and dragging the plot along even slower. Assuming their goal is to keep the brand in the public eye year round as it seems it is.

SURGEdude

who do you root for when all of the groups are just so unlikable?

Cancellation?

Just kidding. But I do hope they take a look at why so many people have ditched this show and do something better next season. It shouldn't be a tall order to get at least close to the sorta so-so main program. Especially with the creative freedom they have early in the outbreak.

Top Bottom