• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part Two - Sundays on AMC

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Well, that snuck up on us, didn't it? 'Fear the Walking Dead' is already back for the second round of its second round beginning Sunday, August 21 at 9/8c.

The second season of the hit AMC series consists of 15 x 60 minute episodes. The first 7 episodes already aired earlier this spring.

AMC said:
About the Show

Living in the same universe as The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead is a gritty drama that explores the onset of the undead apocalypse through the lens of a fractured family. The series returns at sea, aboard the Abigail. The group is unaware of the true breadth of the apocalypse; they assume there still a chance that some city, state, or nation might be unaffected, some place where Infection has not hit. Abandoning land, Madison, Travis and Daniel gather their grieving families for ports unknown. But the respite of Strand's ocean-side home is short-lived. They will discover that the water may be no safer than land.

Forced to face the reality of the apocalypse, Madison, Travis, Strand, and their makeshift family are adrift in a foreign territory in the second half of Season 2.

Cast

• Madison will be faced with a world that often has no room for empathy or compassion.
  • Alicia is well connected to the fatalism inherent in her new life.
  • The new world surrounds and devours, yet it provides a strange comfort and fascination for Nick.
  • Strand is evaluating which of his newfound “crew” will serve him best in the New World.

• Travis is haunted by the danger of becoming divorced from his humanity.
  • The weight of his father killing his infected mother is a crushing reality. Rage and sorrow burn beneath his skin. How far will Chris go?
  • The fate of Daniel Salazar remains unknown.
  • Ofelia had no idea who her parents really were; she wants to know now.

New cast additions

Danay Garcia Cast In Fear The Walking Dead

dOplG82.jpg

Garcia will play Lucia, a solider who is connected to La Colonia, a religious group that see the walkers are a part of an evolution.

Alfredo Herrera Joins Fear the Walking Dead

HzEXrFw.jpg

Herrera plays Francisco, a mysterious man who is part of La Colonia.

Videos

Links

Promo Photos

MYx9hse.jpg

ZnExSi2.jpg

Ratings

Season One:

Episode 1: 10.1 million viewers and a 4.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 8.2 million viewers and a 4.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 7.2 million viewers and a 3.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 6.6 million viewers and a 3.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 6.9 million viewers and a 3.4 A18-49 rating

Season Two:

Episode 1: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 5.6 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 4.7 million viewers and a 2.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 4.8 million viewers and a 2.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 4.4 million viewers and a 2.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 4.5 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 4.4 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating

Episode 8: 3.9 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating

Wow, it seems like the ratings keep dropping. I wonder if the show will make it past season 3. I know a lot of people don't really care for it, but I enjoy the show for what it is.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Wow, it seems like the ratings keep dropping. I wonder if the show will make it past season 3. I know a lot of people don't really care for it, but I enjoy the show for what it is.

They seem to have leveled off now. We'll see how it goes, but it's highly unlikely that the show won't make it at least 5 seasons.

I think I might be interested in watching this series. Is season 1 and season 2 part 1 in netflix, hulu, amazon prime or something like that?

I believe it's Hulu exclusive in the US.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh, they're going to focus on the boyfriend and his son? Just leave them in the desert of Mexico
(and preferably kill the psycho son)

Give us the Druggie Depp, Daniel, and Strand power hour.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Great OT. Thanks for reminding me this was coming back. I have to admit, I forgot all about this show with the summer break.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I lost all interest in this snow once they did an entire half season on a fucking boat.

I won't be watching the second half. Although I'm curious as to how much more the ratings will drop.

The characters are boring as fuck, and the plot isn't anything we haven't seen before.

I was really hoping for more insight into the cause of the outbreak and that kind of hysteria surrounding the beginnings of it. That was all crammed into two eps on season one.

Didn't know the ratings dropped so hard, but I'm not surprised. They seriously botched the pitch of this show, which was experiencing the zombie outbreak from the very beginning. Instead of there being complete panic and chaos, there was a few episodes in season 1 where they showed a single zombie and a few sick people, and then overnight the whole of LA is already a ghost town.

None of the characters are very likeable and (S2 Spoilers)
Chris suddenly turning into a complete psychopath over the course of 2-3 episodes really annoyed me.

TheSeks

I was really hoping for more insight into the cause of the outbreak and that kind of hysteria surrounding the beginnings of it. That was all crammed into two eps on season one.

Kirkman stated he's never gonna do that. Which is where the show really lost a lot of steam for itself.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i enjoyed it but dropped it once GoT started. i wanted to see more of society falling. i wanted to see some real Captain Trips shit but alas after like 4 episodes it became Walking Dead West Coast.

Surfinn

Ended surprisingly well so hopefully they can keep it interesting. Chris is the worst thing about the show though and needs to go real fast.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I couldn't finish season one despite my love of anything zombie or post-apocolyptic. Not a single hook character or plot-wise.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The mid season premiere is tonight!

Grotesque

Nick's steadfast search for answers leads him into a deadly dog-eat-dog landscape; and a dark piece of his past is uncovered.

Tonight's episode was written by Kate Barnow (True Blood, Marco Polo) and was directed by Dan Sackheim (Game of Thrones, The Americans). Both are making their Fear the Walking Dead debut.

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Danay Garcia (Lucia)
Kim Dickens (Madison)
Dave Erickson (Showrunner)

Kevin

So I thought season one was pretty terrible. Have not seen any of season two. Has it gotten any better?

Jay Sosa

I really hope everyone dies and season 3 gets a brand new cast. I can't remember any other show where I disliked every single character (the actors are ok, it's just the characters they're portraying are so boring).

So I thought season one was pretty terrible. Have not seen any of season two. Has it gotten any better?

It does get better..doesn't mean it get's good though. I'll keep watching because other, similar shows are even worse (Strain, z nation, wayward pines..) but that is hardly a big endorsement.

Daffy Duck

I hope something good happens because I am rapidly losing interest in this spin off, I only care about Nick and Strand, the rest could die for all I care and it wouldn't make a difference.

Jay Sosa

I hope something good happens because I am rapidly losing interest in this spin off, I only care about Nick and Strand, the rest could die for all I care and it wouldn't make a difference.

Nick seemed cool but
that whole 'zombies are my friends shit' is so stupid and played out
..which leaves strand. Not gonna keep watching a show (for long) where only one out of 10 characters is remotely interesting.

Daffy Duck

Nick seemed cool but
that whole 'zombies are my friends shit' is so stupid and played out
..which leaves strand. Not gonna keep watching a show (for long) where only one out of 10 characters is remotely interesting.

It kind of fits for me what with the issues he has and what not, it's an interesting progression which if they do it right and he comes through it in a good story (which probably won't happen based on what we've seen so far) could be interesting to see.

Jay Sosa

It kind of fits for me what with the issues he has and what not, it's an interesting progression which if they do it right and he comes through it in a good story (which probably won't happen based on what we've seen so far) could be interesting to see.

Guess we'll see. Like I said, even though I'm complaining it's still way better than any of the alternatives. And It did get better after season 1, so there's hope.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Speaking of Strand, he has the coolest accent. Where is it from? I love the way he speaks.

EDIT

I just looked him up. The guy is a stage actor, I guess it's from that?

dustyherb

Damn can't believe this is already back. Definitely going to make the wait for season 7 of the walking dead easier. I thought the first half of this season got better as it went along so hopefully the second half continues doing that. I still don't really like many of the characters though. I love Strand and Nick but how Nick is acting now with the zombies is really annoying. I don't mind Travis either but now he's stuck with Chris who is the fucking worst.

TheSeks

Around the boat episode where they meet a family on an island it started to pick up. But as a main-line competitor? Not really. The characters are still mostly bad outside of 3, but the writing is kinda edging out the main series in not having them do outright stupid things to pad out the episode/filler.

someday

Banned
I deleted the last 3 episodes from my dvr a couple of months ago cause I just couldn't make myself watch. I did read the thread and follow it a bit on reddit though. I might give it another shot now that they're all separated. Also, there isn't anything else on Sunday nights right now.

I plan to keep watching this, but it's not something I'm excited about. I really wish they had shown more of the initial outbreak -- it was like 2 days of mystery and then the world ended.

Top Bottom