• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Two, Part Two - Sundays on AMC

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I've had enough. Totally dropping this show. I've never been in love with it but I kept watching with the hope it would get better but that's clearly not going to happen. See ya'll when the real show come back.

RPGCrazied

Well, there is 15 episodes left, lets wait a bit before we throw in the towel, shall we? But yeah, really was a slow episode and boring.

RPGCrazied

I believe it's only six, seven including the episode that just aired. It's the 2B premiere.

Sure? The Walking Dead is suppose to come on right after this ends, and it doesn't start until October 23rd? If Fear this season only has 7 episodes, that gets into September.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sure? The Walking Dead is suppose to come on right after this ends, and it doesn't start until October 23rd? If Fear this season only has 7 episodes, that gets into September.

Er-...Miscounting?

Today to 7 is October 2nd, which fits the Walking Dead primer around then with a few weeks off.

Yeah I've had enough. Totally dropping this show. I've never been in love with it but I kept watching with the hope it would get better but that's clearly not going to happen. See ya'll when the real show come back.
See you next week! Anyways there are 8 total episodes in Season 2B including this one.

kevin1025

Banned

Haha, I said the same exact thing about this one and the flagship show. Now that Fear's back and Walking Dead is only two months out, I'm wavering a little. Curiosity will get the better of me.

I've been spending the last few months watching The Walking Dead, this doesn't hold a handle to it. I just finished watching season 6 of TWD tonight, and I was just sitting there watching this premiere scratching my head.

This is ONE episode. To the people saying they're going to drop at least give it two more. It was a poor choice to focus on one character for the premiere but it was also a poor choice not to reveal who Negan took out in TWD... give it a better chance maybe?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This is ONE episode. To the people saying they're going to drop at least give it two more. It was a poor choice to focus on one character for the premiere but it was also a poor choice not to reveal who Negan took out in TWD... give it a better chance maybe?

Negan was a cluster fuck of bad decisions. This is just plain bad. Especially after Daniel burned the plantation and we just see them all fuck off their separate ways while Daniel sits there in the smoke either dead or asleep.

#wheresdaniel

At this point he's the only reason I keep watching this show, and according to the showrunner he won't be back until Season 3? Well, I guess it saves me a few weeks time since Strand and Madigan or whatever her name is will wolf at each other until they do HER plan over his, the daughter will fuck up somehow. PSYCHO DAD and Son will fuck around in the desert until son somehow snaps out of his psychosis and Druggie Depp went from interesting to plain boring in 0-60 fashion.

Lmo911

Guys, don't you understand how special and wonderful Nick is? I mean they spend half of every episode talking about how magical and unique he is. Now he has an entire episode about him and an entire talking dead to get the point across.

I get it, he's Wesley Crusher of the Undead! Now where's Daniel!?

uncblue

I swear the writers for the dead shows don't know how to kill someone off in a realistic way. The deaths of the cartel guys was some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen. How did someone write/read that and give it a thumbs up?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
When the apocalypse hits be sure to run to a country where you don't speak their language.... Dumbass

Strand brought them to Mexico because his boyfriend's mother had a safe house there.

I guess so, I wasn't expecting any days off. I thought when Fear ends, TWD starts.

They're airing a two-hour series retrospective the week after FtWD ends. The week after that is the season 7 premiere of TWD.

Surfinn

Damn what a surprisingly weak episode after a bang of a midseason finale.

Nick walking into a self induced death sentence (why did he choose to walk through Mexico alone again?).. makes it hard to feel pity for him. How many scenes of him walking around can be stuffed into 45 minutes?

And how exactly do two experienced and armed survivors with a working vehicle die to walkers out in the open desert? That was a joke.

I liked how the episode ended. But hated the hour-long slog that led up to it.

I guess they really wanted to drive in the idea that Nick is this really resourceful guy. But aside from drinking piss and eating dog, the only reason he lived all the way to the end was because of pure luck (random rainfall) and being found by that group with a doctor near the end.

idonteven

so boring :/ this is just the same as the walking dead now...such a shame because seeing how everything went to shit would be pretty fucking awesome

but nooo instead they skipped all of it and now we are stuck with the same thing the walking dead does

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought the premiere was decent, in uneventful. Frank Dillane is the best actor on the show, so it wasn't a bad idea to give him his own episode - they just should have done a better job of making it more engaging.

Also, I appreciated the inclusion of flashbacks. That was always one thing I thought TWD could have greatly benefited from in its earlier seasons. (even though they didn't really amount to much here)

If AMC doesn't want to spend a bigger budget just cancel the show. Everything just looks so... Cheaply put together and the story is shit.

Tevious

Well, at least this episode ended with a new found community. What Fear ought to do is start world building with other communities. Maybe have the main characters end up in different communities that end up having disagreements. Then introduce another faction run by a Mexican cartel to force them to work together. We need a villain.

I agree with some of the criticisms like the silly deaths of the armed dudes on the highway, etc., but I still found it overall entertaining. Maybe I'm just too invested in Fear/TWD at this point? Because I too think the entire premise behind Nick leaving, only for him to end up with a different group of people, is just outright crap, however I can't see myself not watching.

Still looking forward to what happens next.

Catdaddy

Strand brought them to Mexico because his boyfriend's mother had a safe house there.

I understand that, but his decision to go it alone in a foreign country...

Also, looks like he stumbled on to Alexandria, Mexico... If he had found that place about 20 minutes into the show, would have made for a better ride IMO...

L.O.R.D

what? i thought it was ended in episode 7
this season started really bad and ended more bad.
i hope they can fix it.

Moofers

I'll add to the chorus that this week's episode was mostly boring with some real dumb shit sprinkled in there for good measure.

What were the armed guys even on the highway for? What was the motivation? Pop a few rounds into zombies and then drive off? It made no sense whatsoever. And the way they died later was utterly ridiculous. "Oh no, I have to reload my revolver! I better crouch right here and hope I do it before the pack of walkers overruns me!" I mean what the hell kind of shitty sloppy writing is that? They had miles of open road behind them, they could have fled at any moment but instead they just wait to get eaten? Did the show need to hit its quota of gory deaths to appease Fangoria subscribers or something? Seriously.

This show is mostly garbage with moments of great potential consistently squandered week after week. Yet, here I am talking about it and giving a shit. And I'll be back next week. Its as odd as the revolver guy's tactical senses.

Surfinn

Bandit scene was one of the dumbest in all of TWD, and that's saying something. Definition of lazy writing.

If AMC doesn't want to spend a bigger budget just cancel the show. Everything just looks so... Cheaply put together and the story is shit.

Yeah, I said out loud "do they not have any budget to work with or what" like midway through.

Feels like this shit was put together with a couple hundred bucks.

They've got a lot of work to do to save this show in all honesty. Viewership is plummeting and this crappy premiere doesn't help.

Surfinn

I think it says something too with how inactive this thread is in comparison to past seasons (even the first half of this season). Seems like the fire is really starting to die down now.

Wonder what the viewership was like..

I think it says something too with how inactive this thread is in comparison to past seasons (even the first half of this season). Seems like the fire is really starting to die down now.

Wonder what the viewership was like..
No clue yet probably around where it left off like 4.5 million or so? Doubt any less or any more to be honest. Let's be real it's still doing better than any other AMC show in that regard besides TWD. Sure Into the Badlands have a first couple episode over 5 but that was due from the TWD lead-in.Both of the Season 2 "premieres" were not that good but they picked up quickly I still have faith in it I do find it odd why this thread isn't that active but we also need to consider we are a very very very small portion of viewers and i'm sure the thread will pick up as we move forward.

Surfinn

No clue yet probably around where it left off like 4.5 million or so? Doubt any less or any more to be honest. Let's be real it's still doing better than any other AMC show in that regard besides TWD. Sure Into the Badlands have a first couple episode over 5 but that was due from the TWD lead-in.Both of the Season 2 "premieres" were not that good but they picked up quickly I still have faith in it I do find it odd why this thread isn't that active but we also need to consider we are a very very very small portion of viewers and i'm sure the thread will pick up as we move forward.

Right, that's still a great amount of viewers but the graph is much more relevant than current viewership. At this rate ratings could be below average or even poor fairly soon.

Premieres are generally more popular than anything after until the finale so it's probably not a great sign that things are this currently this quiet.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Well, at least this episode ended with a new found community. What Fear ought to do is start world building with other communities. Maybe have the main characters end up in different communities that end up having disagreements. Then introduce another faction run by a Mexican cartel to force them to work together. We need a villain.

The new community doesn't really excite me to be honest, especially coming just one episode after the last one was destroyed.

I don't know what the show can do to keep things fresh at this point, but I feel like anything involving a community is just going to feel like a rehash - zombies eventually destroy the community; people eventually destroy the community; no one destroys the community, it flourishes, and more communities are introduced - it's all been done before on The Walking Dead.

It wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, but the only thing I can think of is if the group came across a city that was somehow completely unaffected by the zombie outbreak and we got a sort of "society crumbles, take 2!" type thing.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Enjoyed the episode other than the typically ridiculous death of the two guys with guns. I mean really folks that shit is beyond stupid. Two armed dudes in the middle of an open road gettin ate by slow zombies cause reasons.

Was anyone else reminded of this scene from Austin Powers with the steamroller during that idiotic scene on the highway?

https://youtu.be/l4UFQWKjy_I

ahhahaha glad to see how obvious this was to everyone

Top Bottom