• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megyn Kelly loses ratings in 4th straight week, beaten by reruns of AFV again

Slayven

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2017/06/26/megyn-kelly-ratings-drop-again/23002617/
"Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly" continued its downward trajectory in the Sunday overnight ratings this week, with the new NBC news series slipping to a new low in both the key demo and total viewers.

Airing at 7 p.m., Kelly averaged a 0.4 rating in adults 18-49 and 3.4 million viewers, according to Nielsen data. That is down from a 0.5 and 3.6 million viewers last week's episode, which featured her highly-controversial interview with InfoWars founder Alex Jones.

In the timeslot, Kelly again lost out to CBS' "60 Minutes," which was down from its last new episode on June 11 but still drew a 0.7 and 7.2 million viewers. She was also outpaced in both measures by a rerun of "America's Funniest Home Videos" (0.7, 3.9 million) on ABC.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

RPGCrazied

Yikes. That Alex Jones interviews did her NO favors. I heard they spent over 20 million dollars to get her. Ooops.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
NBC, you continue to be america's #1 most made fun of network. congratulations.

you played yourself.

How is America's Funniest Home Videos still a thing.

Don't laugh but my girlfriend submitted a video of me eating a kumquat to AFV. I don't react well to sour/bitter citrus and never had one before. Was awful. She recorded it and some people found it hilarious.

This was a few weeks ago.

Viewt

It's almost as if she's not a real journalist and was coasting on selling dogshit talking points to the brainwashed conservative base.

Good.

It was never about her, idiots at NBC. It was about where she was. Those people won't change the channel just because you moved Megyn.

No remorse from me. She had an opportunity to rebuild her image but instead she chose to humor a guy who thinks a school shooting was a conspiracy.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
who tunes into "personality" shows like this? especially on the weekend.

Imaginary poorly researched Fox viewers (who actually thought she was a treasonous hag because she sort of but not really stood up to Trump and sexual harrassment from fox executives).

jay

Don't laugh but my girlfriend submitted a video of me eating a kumquat to AFV. I don't react well to sour/bitter citrus and never had one before. Was awful. She recorded it and some people found it hilarious.

This was a few weeks ago.

Don't you want us to laugh?

A high profile reporter that stood up to the now embarrassing to the world US President getting beaten in ratings from a show with the words:

"America, America, this is you" in the theme song.

This stuff writes itself.

BadAss2961

Good.

It was never about her, idiots at NBC. It was about where she was. Those people won't change the channel just because you moved Megyn.
It's true. She was never much of an entertaining host on Fox News.

The Donald feud also made her bigger than she really was.

Just a disaster. The tone of this show is all over the place...Putin is interviewed one week, Erin Andrews the next. It doesn't have the gravitas or supporting cast of 60 Minutes, the focus of a show like Dateline, or the personality and opinionated nature of innumerable cable news talk shows. The show would be struggling even without the Alex Jones fiasco.

I'm not a fan of hers by any means, but Megyn Kelly can be successful outside of a conservative news network. This isn't the way to do it.

Don't her former viewers think she's some super liberal because she wanted women to have maternity leave or something? I mean, nobody likes her at this point.

Top Bottom