• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megyn Kelly under fire for interview with Alex Jones

Kettch

I see alot about this "giving a platform" thing. To some extent, I get it. If an interviewer picks up some racist ding-bat in rural Alabama and let them go wild, then yeah...that's one thing.

I don't even agree with this. Some of my favorite segments of the daily show are when they go to interview racist ding-bats, and then proceed to berate, expose and make fun of them all through their own words.

It's entirely possible that Kelly isn't going to go after Jones here and will simply give him an unchallenged platform to spread his views, but I'm not going to attack her for that until the actual interview comes out.

Siegcram

I don't even agree with this. Some of my favorite segments of the daily show are when they go to interview racist ding-bats, and then proceed to berate, expose and make fun of them all through their own words.

It's entirely possible that Kelly isn't going to go after Jones here and will simply give him an unchallenged platform to spread his views, but I'm not going to attack her for that until the actual interview comes out.
Do you really need someone to explain to you why the Daily Show and regular news should have different standards regarding their interview guest list?

benjipwns

Banned
Do you really need someone to explain to you why the Daily Show and regular news should have different standards regarding their interview guest list?
But they do...The Daily Show would never interview a truth-teller like Alex Jones on their show.

Jerm411

But they do...The Daily Show would never interview a truth-teller like Alex Jones on their show.

giphy.gif

Gattsu25

Banned
This is yet another reason why these fucking assholes should have never agreed to the interview in the first place. They thought they had a ratings goldmine but they didn't account for the sponsors dropping them OR the person they interviewed being even hungrier for ratings than they are. If he has tapes and releases them then you fucking played yourself NBC. If he doesn't then you're still providing this asshole with days worth of good PR. It's a lose-lose-lose situation. The best outcome is just scrap the episode. You morons.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/875502723864694785

Make sure not to click any links to jones' garbage fucking site.

14KSVll.jpg

iUOt92c.jpg

1OUb3sf.jpg

NBC you fucking morons

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
She's back to being Fox News Megyn Kelly and not Anti-Trump Megyn Kelly. Took a while for people to remember how awful she is.

I can't tell if this is like some brilliant marketing meta thing or if Kelly is just one of the dumbest people alive. Or...both? It has to be at least a little of the latter, though, that she chose to do this right before being part of a Sandy Hook memorial. Like, what the fuck?

I'm curious if this garners ratings due to all of this. The premier was pretty solid but soft, maybe she can beat a rerun of 60 Minutes this time.

This quote from op
Kelly was criticized on social media for what some saw as an attempt to normalize Jones and his outlandish and untrue claims. She defended herself by saying President Donald Trump had praised Jones and appeared on his show. She also noted that Jones’ InfoWars was given credibility when the site received White House press credentials

Einchy

She left Fox shortly after all that and has been off the air since the new show.

EDIT: Well, I think she had some special report at some point in between, but she's not been that active since the two events

How does this change the fact that she got a ton of good will since the Trump stuff started? You don't need to have a show for people to think positively about you.

How does this change the fact that she got a ton of good will since the Trump stuff started? You don't need to have a show for people to think positively about you.

She only had 'a ton' of goodwill (which I don't think she did anyway, to be honest) because she did one slightly good thing worthy of praised, then basically vanished for six months. Now that she came back it took exactly two episodes of a new show for people to realize that she was awful again. At most you can say people just forgot how bad she was until she came back, after two episodes.

If he has tapes and releases them then you fucking played yourself NBC. If he doesn't then you're still providing this asshole with days worth of good PR. It's a lose-lose-lose situation. The best outcome is just scrap the episode. You morons.

It sounded like from Double Toasted, Jones is already playing up NBC silencing the truth angle with talks of the interview being scrapped. There was nothing to be gained with this interview yet they still rather chase ratings even if it means exposing this buffoon to millions more potential followers regardless if they believe the act or not. At least one advertiser, I believe it was JP Morgan, already pulled their ad hopefully more will follow.

Einchy

She only had 'a ton' of goodwill (which I don't think she did anyway, to be honest) because she did one slightly good thing worthy of praised, then basically vanished for six months. Now that she came back it took exactly two episodes of a new show for people to realize that she was awful again. At most you can say people just forgot how bad she was until she came back, after two episodes.

So, it took them a while to remember how awful she was, seeing as she was doing interviews with Stephen Colbert about the Trump stuff, something that had already been doing on for months at that point, 13 months ago.

And she just left Fox in Jan, again, almost a year after the Trump stuff. It's not like she had an issue with Trump and then vanished until just 2 weeks ago.

Not sure why exactly you're trying to make it seem like she didn't garner a bunch of goodwill because of Trump, when she very clearly did, so much so that she got a show on NBC.

Slayven

I didn't give a shit because both people are terrible humans, but it is an interesting turn events. Hot take Kelly will be talking about Dog shows and funny shaped potato chips by the 12th ep

Secondary Hot take show goes on hiatus for retooling for some reason

So, it took them a while to remember how awful she was, seeing as she was doing interviews with Stephen Colbert about the Trump stuff, something that had already been doing on for months at that point, 13 months ago.

And she just left Fox in Jan, again, almost a year after the Trump stuff. It's not like she had an issue with Trump and then vanished until just 2 weeks ago.

Not sure why exactly you're trying to make it seem like she didn't garner a bunch of goodwill because of Trump, when she very clearly did, so much so that she got a show on NBC.

She basically vanished, no one was thinking of Kelly from leaving Fox to now. And her "Goodwill" from the Trump stuff had nothing to do with why she got an offer from NBC. She was a rising star at Fox, looking for a way out due to all the sexual assault stuff, and was poached. It helped that the owners of NBC where looking for conservative hosts at that time, too.

Slayven

Why are right news failing so hard lately? Without a clear enemy to point at, they just don't know how to be journalists anymore?

Top Bottom