• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megyn Kelly under fire for interview with Alex Jones

Bakercat

Is there a link to the interview? I all for giving people another chance to change things around, but I'm not sure how she's doing if I don't see it.

cameron

CNN: Megyn Kelly's Alex Jones interview got lots of attention, but not many viewers
Megyn Kelly's much talked about interview with Alex Jones got plenty of attention for Kelly and NBC, both good and bad, but not many viewers.

Kelly's sit down with Jones, a controversial, conspiracy theorist radio host and founder of the website Infowars, brought in an average of 3.5 million viewers Sunday night. That's the fewest viewers that Kelly's weekly news magazine telecast, "Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly," has drawn since its debut three weeks ago.

The show also trailed a re-run episode of CBS' "60 Minutes," which brought in 5.3 million viewers. Among 18-49-year-olds, the demographic most prized by advertisers, a repeat of "America's Funniest Home Videos" beat both Kelly and "60 Minutes" by about 40%.

"Sunday Night" has seen a steady decline in its viewership since Kelly's debut episode, which was set around an exclusive interview with Russian President Vladimir Putin. That episode drew an average of 6.2 million viewers.

And for the other party, WaPo Analysis: Megyn Kelly just helped some guy get thousands of new followers
n4ERwOv.png
For the seven-day period ending Monday, he pulled in nearly 8,000 Facebook followers. That's his best haul of any week in the past three months, more than double his weekly follower gain over that period.

Twitter numbers show a similar pattern. He earned well in excess of 10,500 new followers over the past week, more than double his usual weekly follower growth over the same period.

Is there a link to the interview? I all for giving people another chance to change things around, but I'm not sure how she's doing if I don't see it.
It's up on NBC News' youtube channel: Alex Jones Of 'Infowars,' Conspiracy Theories, And Trump Campaign (Full) | Megyn Kelly | NBC News

And on their website: Megyn Kelly Reports on Alex Jones and 'Infowars'

Damn, lost to another rerun of 60 Minutes and a rerun of America's Funniest Home Videos and lost a gig at a memorial for Sandy Hook. Like, wow.

Vyer

For the seven-day period ending Monday, he pulled in nearly 8,000 Facebook followers. That's his best haul of any week in the past three months, more than double his weekly follower gain over that period.

Twitter numbers show a similar pattern. He earned well in excess of 10,500 new followers over the past week, more than double his usual weekly follower growth over the same period.

some people never learn.

As Kelly went down and lost advertisers for that episode, Jones went up lol. What a disaster all around. Honestly, if I were NBC, I would just pay off her contract and cut her loose after this. It's obvious she's not a fit for the network.

RPGCrazied

Good. I heard even reruns of Home Funniest Videos out preformed that interview. And when O'Reily criticizes you, you done fucked up.

I saw the interview on Youtube. Wow those downvotes.

I cant believe Jones is raking in enough to expand his business. Thats disturbing in and of itself.

Good. I heard even reruns of Home Funniest Videos out preformed that interview. And when O'Reily criticizes you, you done fucked up.

She lost to reruns of that a rerun of 60 Minutes. She lost to two reruns. And in just three episodes her ratings already are down by nearly half.

_Ryo_

Hopefully NBC pay her off and let her go. I dont like her getting large amounts of money for BS but at least she will be off NBC.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Shit and people keep telling me we have to give these people a platform to expose them to the masses. Seems they were sort of right

Top Bottom