• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Users reporting Amazon is cancelling orders of Persona 5 (PS4) (READ MOD POST)

I haven't seen a single Canadian order cancelled yet and mine is still fine, so I don't know what that post is about.

Is it referring to orders on Amazon US only?

Zafir

It would be nice for people at Atlus or Amazon to speak up about this, but from my own personal investigations on here and Reddit, the cancellations are overwhelmingly coming from Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Australia, and South Korea, all through Amazon US (presumably for a better price/quicker localization).

If anybody can provide evidence to the contrary, I'd love to hear it to I can add it to my cork board with red yarn connecting things.

Quite a few of us from the UK had ours cancelled from .com as well.

I'm wondering if I even still want the edition if it has "hazardous materials"? Mine hasn't been cancelled, but what is the real issue here. I really don't think its stock. Too dangerous to ship outside of the 48? okay..

I called my gamestop and they only have steelbook preorders left but I might go with that anything. I don't want my cat to lick the bag and die or something.

chrono01

Here's a reddit post from a Canadian whose order was cancelled.

I'm not sure if they ordered from Amazon US or CA but they apparently know of at least a few more Canadians affected.
Man, I'm paranoid as hell checking my account every 30 minutes hoping it won't get cancelled. I have mine pre-ordered from Amazon.ca, but if it's indeed a manufacturing issue, I'm guessing we'll be hit the same number of cancellations as the US (it might just take some time). If it's just a problem with Amazon.com themselves, we should (hopefully) be okay.

My condolences to everyone out there that is being impacted by this. I hope I don't find myself among you, but time will tell. :(

Ipsin

Neo Member
Seems they got theirs from CA too...

Dammit, come on...

If it makes you feel better they also posted about a friend of their's in New York who got a cancellation, which is the first one I've heard of from the mainland US. Guess I'm not off the chopping board yet, either. :p

So maybe this wasn't about 'dangerous goods' after all, and is a complete replay of the BOTW Master Edition gong show.

Wouldn't Amazon normally cancel orders based on when pre-orders were placed though? From what I've read a lot of the people who got their's cancelled placed early, like day-it-went-up early.

Wouldn't Amazon normally cancel orders based on when pre-orders were placed though? From what I've read a lot of the people who got their's cancelled placed early, like day-it-went-up early.

From what the thread on the Master Edition showed me, Amazon canceling pre-orders based on stock is essentially a lottery. Some people who ordered right off the jump got their order shit-canned, some who were last in line got to keep theirs.

So there is literally no order as to who gets what.

Strimei

My pre-order is still up, fingers crossed. Placed one with Best Buy earlier though, just in case. Not sure that one will work (kinda surprised I could at all, really) but better safe than sorry.

My heart goes out to those who got cancelled. Ugh. What a mess.

Ipsin

Neo Member
From what the thread on the Master Edition showed me, Amazon canceling pre-orders based on stock is essentially a lottery. Some people who ordered right off the jump got their order shit-canned, some who were last in line got to keep theirs.

So there is literally no order as to who gets what.

Well that's a really shitty way to handle an overselling situation.. lol

Well that's a really shitty way to handle an overselling situation.. lol

Exactly. And that's why people are worried. What you outlined would have made sense, but nope, we got this lottery system where you are essentially looking at your Amazon order with dread.

Oh shit.

I just contacted Amazon(.ca) chat, got ahold of a supervisor, and he told me something we haven't heard yet (to my knowledge):
"Dave: Okay, so it does look like your order will also be affected. Apparently the book that comes with it was found to have lead paint, so we have to send our entire stock back."
Wonderful.

Linkura

Atlus has posted on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/AtlusUSA/posts/10154431795058339

This morning we were surprised to learn about Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition cancellations with Amazon. After waiting patiently during the day we received word, and can confirm to you what we’ve always known, that there’s nothing defective or “dangerous” about our product. While there have been cancellations, we understand that only a tiny number of Amazon sales have been affected. No “mass cancellations” of the premium and SteelBook editions have occurred. If your order has been cancelled, please contact the retailer for support.

Carnby

From Atlus' Facebook

This morning we were surprised to learn about Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition cancellations with Amazon. After waiting patiently during the day we received word, and can confirm to you what we’ve always known, that there’s nothing defective or “dangerous” about our product. While there have been cancellations, we understand that only a tiny number of Amazon sales have been affected. No “mass cancellations” of the premium and SteelBook editions have occurred. If your order has been cancelled, please contact the retailer for support.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Ok as promised, I’ve got an update (some of you probably already saw this on our social)! I can confirm what you’ve probably already known, that there’s nothing defective or “dangerous” about our product with Amazon. While there have been cancellations, we understand that only a tiny number of Amazon sales have been affected. No “mass cancellations” of the premium and SteelBook editions have occurred. If your order has been cancelled, please contact the retailer for support.

Just received a mail from Amazon and almost got a heart attack... they ask me to rate my purchase of Nier...

Please, don't cancel my preorder D:

marrec

Banned
Ok as promised, I’ve got an update (some of you probably already saw this on our social)! I can confirm what you’ve probably already known, that there’s nothing defective or “dangerous” about our product with Amazon. While there have been cancellations, we understand that only a tiny number of Amazon sales have been affected. No “mass cancellations” of the premium and SteelBook editions have occurred. If your order has been cancelled, please contact the retailer for support.
Thanks for updating the thread.

If I were to make a guess, it would be that Amazon has once again cocked up their stock level and will be randomly canceling peoples orders as well as delaying shipment.

This has happened with Breath of the Wild, Binding of Isaac, and now seemingly (we'll see) with Persona 5. I would pre-order from Best Buy (GCU discount) in the future if you have the choice.

Thank you for the update! We're you able to find out why the cancellations are happening or if they expect more?

Strimei

Thanks for making the rounds.

Absolutely blows for those who got cancelled all the same, though.

pahamrick

Of course Amazon would fuck up, and then lie about it (I can't believe some of the reps were trying to blame Atlus).

Sucks for those who had orders cancelled, ESPECIALLY people who ordered in June of last year.

They should start with the most recent preorders, not some of the earliest.

marrec

Banned
Of course Amazon would fuck up, and then lie about it (I can't believe some of the reps were trying to blame Atlus).

Sucks for those who had orders cancelled, ESPECIALLY people who ordered in June of last year.

They should start with the most recent preorders, not some of the earliest.
It's the same thing that happened with BotW and BoI, seemingly random pre-orders (though those who pre-ordered earlier reported more, it's likely because the bulk of pre-orders were earlier) canceled or delayed with seemingly random answers from support.

Amazon ain't trustworthy for Pre-Orders like it used to be.

So it's just on amazon's end then. Thanks for the update.

Man, it feels like these issues with games have been becoming more common on amazon.

Hikami

I'm gonna order from Best Buy as well just in case..

Amazon screwed up my Zero Time Dilemma order last time and I had to get it digital. Really want Persona 5 as physical.

It's only anecdotal and I still like Amazon for a wide range of products, but when it comes to games in particular, they've been pretty unreliable for me through 2016. I actually decided to stop using them for my most anticipated games, which is fine since I live in the US and also have Best Buy GCU.

That said, glad to see Atlus doesn't seem to be in any position where their product might have to be halted from shipping or recalled, which was my primary concern with this news breaking. Sorry to anyone that may have been affected, though, that really sucks -- my empathy's with you for sure, I actually moved my Persona 5 pre-order off of Amazon and to Best Buy when I started having issues with other games not shipping on time last year. Persona 5 has persistently been my most anticipated game since its announcement and the delays have been particularly impacting given my excitement levels.

That said, I don't necessarily encourage anyone to do what I do. I admit being a victim of hype at times -- not in the sense that I've particularly felt that my money has been wasted, but rather in that I seriously get so damn excited to start playing as soon as possible that minor delays have been pretty upsetting. If Amazon's your best bet, getting the game a few days late is not a really terrible thing, especially considering the discount they provide for the first couple of weeks after a game's release. Tuesdays -- regular new release day in the US -- is my "Sunday" (I have Sunday, Monday, Tuesdays off each week), and I work long shifts where I can't really play during the work week (unless it's on PC or Switch), so that really kind of drives my strong urges to play right on release day, too. It's a first-world complaint to the max, but I have access to an alternative business that has yet to let me down.

Kar L

It will obviously become available to order again at Amazon.com after all the user cancellations. I wouldn't be worried at all. Normal CEs and things like this always pop back in-stock again.

Top Bottom