• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

I blame Max for this. His lack of care/passion for the brand fails to drive the podcast forward. They always end up getting derailed with off-topic things. It was funny and interesting when that would happen when Colin and Greg were on it, but that's because it didn't happen often. Max just doesn't seem to care much.

The show also lost its great format: 1.) Intro, 2.) News, 3.) New Releases, 4.) Main Topic, 5.) Worst PSN Name of the Week, 6.) Listener-submitted song.

Now it's just 1.) News, 2.) Randomness.

I still listen, but usually several days later, as opposed to the day of (back in the Miller/Moriarty/Third Chair days).

I'm BEYOND ecstatic for this. Will go sign up for their podcast immediately.

I share a lot of people's sentiments with how bad the new Beyond has gotten. There is zero structure and they openly admit that they either don't care or know about games coming out. Half the time it's Max and Brian trying to be funny instead of talking about playstation news.

Anyways, happy for Colin and Greg. They are genuine and insightful.

LTWood12

Hey, oti--

No. 1, thanks for caring enough to even comment.

No. 2, we're not limiting ourselves to anything. Since launch, we've had the Kinda Funny Gamescast and Colin & Greg Live: two shows that cover anything and everything gaming. However, since launch, our best friends have been asking Colin and I to do another PlayStation podcast as it's where our expertise and passion lies. So, we are.

Gamescast and Colin & Greg Live will go on with us. This is just a focused show for the PlayStation faithful from the PlayStation experts.

<3
Greg

PS - Sorry to the one guy on this thread who can't stand me. One day, I will die and the Internet will be safe again for you.

Promise me you'll never die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yaTCXcvTGY

This is perfect. I stopped watching Colin & Greg because they kept talking too much about stuff that I didn't give a shit about, and there wasn't any convenient means of sifting through the dirt to get to the gold. But a new podcast dedicated entirely to PS stuff will be just like the good ol' Beyond days. I could listen to Colin talk about PlayStation-related matters all day.

(now if only they could get Goldfarb)

dugdug

Banned
Not at all. You basically will not hear them say anything bad about PlayStation. Also, no cursing and no mentioning the competitors by name. It's a good podcast for general PlayStation news/info and developers interviews.

It's also weird how they seemingly aren't allowed to talk about any Sony games that are received poorly. They haven't mentioned Driveclub or The Order since release.

I mean, I get that they can't mention how the games were received, but, it's weird that they can't even talk about the game at all if they've played and enjoyed it.

oti

Banned
This is perfect. I stopped watching Colin & Greg because they kept talking too much about stuff that I didn't give a shit about, and there wasn't any convenient means of sifting through the dirt to get to the gold. But a new podcast dedicated entirely to PS stuff will be just like the good ol' Beyond days. I could listen to Colin talk about PlayStation-related matters all day.

(now if only they could get Goldfarb)

After reading this and other similar comments in this thread I can now see why they're doing this to be honest.

Not at all. You basically will not hear them say anything bad about PlayStation. Also, no cursing and no mentioning the competitors by name. It's a good podcast for general PlayStation news/info and developers interviews.

And news of what games/demos will hit the following week*.

*Subject to change.

Memory

Awesome, i never miss Colin & Greg Live but recently i've found myself skipping the Gamescasts & GOG show unless they have guest i like or the topic is interesting to me. I'll be all over this.

killroy87

It's also weird how they seemingly aren't allowed to talk about any Sony games that are received poorly. They haven't mentioned Driveclub or The Order since release.

I mean, I get that they can't mention how the games were received, but, it's weird that they can't even talk about the game at all if they've played and enjoyed it.

You'd almost think they'd be encouraged to talk about the polarizing games, especially if they've been genuinely enjoying them.

There is a loooong discussion to be had about the excellence of Driveclub while acknowledging the rocky start, but painting it in a totally positive light.

killroy87

As skiptastic pointed out, that is not the case at all - they have always told it like it is with Sony, up to Colin's longstanding position on PSN name changes. I remember when God of War III came out, all they would talk about is how much they wished Mass Effect 2 was on PlayStation 3 instead. At E3, they lambasted Sony for leaving Morpheus dead in the water and openly admitted they're not fans of FFVII and were really critical on the substance of the remake announcement.

The focus of their show is not their biased opinions. It's their insights as commentators with a line to Sony's first party studios and who have their hand on the pulse on the hidden gems coming out on PSN. I've gotten a lot of good games off the strength of Colin and Greg's recommendations.

I believe you're confused ;P

Follow those quotes back, ahah.

As skiptastic pointed out, that is not the case at all - they have always told it like it is with Sony, up to Colin's longstanding position on PSN name changes. I remember when God of War III came out, all they would talk about is how much they wished Mass Effect 2 was on PlayStation 3 instead. At E3, they lambasted Sony for leaving Morpheus dead in the water and openly admitted they're not fans of FFVII and were really critical on the substance of the remake announcement.

The focus of their show is not their biased opinions. It's their insights as commentators with a line to Sony's first party studios and who have their hand on the pulse on the hidden gems coming out on PSN. I've gotten a lot of good games off the strength of Colin and Greg's recommendations.

They were talking about PSBlogcast.

Why limit yourself to one platform? It made sense for the stupid way IGN was structured but why do it as an independent site?

Same for me.

they have a gaming media? thing that covers all games.

they have a personal interest in Sony products and know there is a fan base for a Sony podcast with Miller/Collin in it.

EDIT: It seems Greg himself has already responded.

BEYOND

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Has Greg figured out that New Zealand isn't beside the Ukraine yet?

If so I'll give it a go.

Wait a second, why is only Greg in the title OP? What's up with that? There are only two guys doing the podcast. That's like saying I love John Oates' band.

The MP3 is $5, and the video is $10. <3

Don't forget the $15 tier. The archives of Colin and Greg Live could be big for some people, especially new fans. Also, after watching the birthday video, I completely forget that you guys used to play a game to open Colin and Greg Live. Feels so long ago...

Wait a second, why is only Greg in the title OP? What's up with that? There are only two guys doing the podcast. That's like saying I love John Oats' band.

Space. I wanted to add Colin, but had to choose one or the other. I didn't want the title getting cut off. The title gets the gist across, the original post has the full information regarding the podcast.

Edit- Whoops, double-post.

AmuroChan

You guys weren't around during the PS3 days, then. Greg (at least) was openly critical of Sony and the things they were doing on Scoop back then. I'm totally dropping the ball on the segment, but he would do a 60 second rant which was quite enjoyable to hear, going off on practices he didn't like. Sony has been doing better so it's not a surprise they don't have as many criticisms.

Besides, Greg is more of a positive guy in the first place, so while he may have enjoyed those rants, he always comes off as more interested in highlighting the positives in the industry, anyhow.

EDIT:

I'll add this: I'm not a Sony gamer, never have been, likely never will be. I've almost never listened to an episode of Podcast Beyond in my entire life, though I loved Greg and Colin when they were on Game Scoop.

My comment was referring to the PS Blogcast. Not Beyond. I was a Beyond listener since the Chris Roeper days.

Beyond is finally back. And yes I know that it is still ongoing on IGN, but you might as well give it a different name. It changed for the worst.

Awesome news. I stopped listening to Beyond after these two left. New Ghost pluzzzzeeee. I wonder if they had a non compete clause or something which prevented them from doing another playstation podcast for a while.

Any guesses what their catchphrase will be (if any)? Nothing will match Beyond! Kinda Funny has one now which is pretty good: (Someone says) Kinda! (Someone replies with) Funny!

killroy87

Any guesses what their catchphrase will be (if any)? Nothing will match Beyond! Kinda Funny has one now which is pretty good: (Someone says) Kinda! (Someone replies with) Funny!

Should just end every episode with a creepily genuine "PS I love you"

To the viewers? To Playstation? To both? Who knows!

Shang

Something is going to happen to the Gamescast. They may say nothing will change, but it will. There's no way they would have two podcasts discussing roughly the same topics with the same people

Luke_Wal

I could not be more excited for this podcast. Between PS I Love You and Bombcast, Tuesdays will again return to being my favorite day of the week. I also listen to C&G Live every day, so I get PLENTY of Greg and Colin, but I always want more.

I on't really like Gamescast all that much; something about the way Tim hosts it seems like it sucks the energy out of the show, which I don't understand because I usually really like Tim. I also don't think the "daily breakouts that might be a week+ old" format doesn't really work for the subject matter, because frequently they'll talk about events as if they're current even though the video might come out over a week after it happened.

I still pledge them at $5 on each Patreon because I love them, but I've been thinking of dropping the KFG pledge to $1 now that I'm in college. GameOverGreggy show is my favorite, though; I always listen to it as soon as it drops. Just a fantastic show. I'll never drop that KF Prime sub. But it's okay; it's AAAAAALLLLL perfectly legal!

sora87

I blame Max for this. His lack of care/passion for the brand fails to drive the podcast forward. They always end up getting derailed with off-topic things. It was funny and interesting when that would happen when Colin and Greg were on it, but that's because it didn't happen often. Max just doesn't seem to care much.

The show also lost its great format: 1.) Intro, 2.) News, 3.) New Releases, 4.) Main Topic, 5.) Worst PSN Name of the Week, 6.) Listener-submitted song.

Now it's just 1.) News, 2.) Randomness.

I think the problem is Max was never really a fan of Playstation and he was kinda forced in to filling in the void of two people who loved and cared about the brand. It was a losing battle before it began and you can see because now it's pretty much a general podcast talking about all 3 brands and other random stuff.

Something is going to happen to the Gamescast. They may say nothing will change, but it will. There's no way they would have two podcasts discussing roughly the same topics with the same people

Nah. Gamescast is Tim's baby. He'll probably just skew away from Playstation topics.

I'd be curious if they can use segments the created on Podcast Beyond (that have been eliminated from the new iteration of Beyond). Like The Roper Report, The List of Upcoming blah blah blah (obviously without mention of IGN editors), Ryan's Wrap-Up, PSN Hit of the Week, etc.

I'd be curious if they can use segments the created on Podcast Beyond (that have been eliminated from the new iteration of Beyond). Like The Roper Report, The List of Upcoming blah blah blah (obviously without mention of IGN editors), Ryan's Wrap-Up, PSN Hit of the Week, etc.
I doubt amy of those are trademarked, but my guess is they won't use them anyway. (I don't know if TM is the right word)

Shenmue

Banned
I tried time and again to like the new Podcast Beyond. I really did give it multiple chances! But it's just not good. The new guys always seem like they are trying to audition for a standup comedy gig or change PB into The Comedy Button or something. Colin and Greg have this natural chemistry and they blend just enough comedy into the news and discussion about Playstation things.

This is great news! Will they have an itunes feed?

Top Bottom