• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Juxo

i like colin moriarty but greg miller was always stupidly annoying to me.

My thoughts exactly. How someone can find him anything other than irritating is mystifying to me.

That gushing Uncharted 3 review is burned into my brain.

Elfstruck

My thoughts exactly. How someone can find him anything other than irritating is mystifying to me.

Eh, the game was good and the points he made in his review was on point.

Eh, the game was good and the points he made in his review was on point.

I agree with Greg that if 3 was 2 and 2 was 3, 3 might have gotten more praise. The reason he liked 3 more than 2 was because he felt 2 followed a too similar formula to 1. Personally, I like 2 more than 3, but have never understood the hate for 3.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hooray!

Get Altano!

GET ALTANO

Ps kinda funny is still good. Hope this doesn't somehow mean kinda funny is struggling. They good people.

I'll be checking it out. Definitely don't always agree with either of them but good to listen to nonetheless.
BEYO..er a .. LOVE!

Ok lets talk for a second. What the fuck do you people have against Uncharted 3, the best game in the series?

Also how people find Greg irritating is mystifying to me. Is it that hard for you guys to like people? Do you not have any friends who are lively like Greg?

I'm just sick of reading this for so many years now.

Greg and Colin need to make it a major priority to get Ryan on the podcast on a regular basis. There's never been a better PlayStation podcasting trio than those three guys.

No thanks. His presence is redundant considering he WORKS for PlayStation.

Really excited for this, no more Tim. I dislike that guy and how he handled the Gamescast.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Whats with the people coming in here just to state they don't like Greg or Colin or Tim? Pointless.

Can't wait for this. Stopped watching Beyond after they left. I enjoy their current videos together at KF. Should be good.

mdubs

Banned
Excellent! I love KFGamescast but will listen to this too, happy since I fell off the BEYOND train when they left.

Also, get Alfredo and whoever to do an Xbox show and then Tim and someone to do Nintendo, let the expansion continue!

No thanks. His presence is redundant considering he WORKS for PlayStation.

Really excited for this, no more Tim. I dislike that guy and how he handled the Gamescast.

I assume, unless they record it in the evening, they will only get guests when the guests don't have prior work commitments. Also, you never know what rules must be adhered to. Just baseless speculation, but maybe it'd be against PlayStation's policy for Ryan to appear on podcasts (except for PSBlogCast, of course).

I assume, unless they record it in the evening, they will only get guests when the guests don't have prior work commitments. Also, you never know what rules must be adhered to. Just baseless speculation, but maybe it'd be against PlayStation's policy for Ryan to appear on podcasts (except for PSBlogCast, of course).
Ryan was on Beyond once or twice

Ok lets talk for a second. What the fuck do you people have against Uncharted 3, the best game in the series?

Also how people find Greg irritating is mystifying to me. Is it that hard for you guys to like people? Do you not have any friends who are lively like Greg?

I'm just sick of reading this for so many years now.
With couple more curse words and bit more passive aggressiveness I would take your post seriously.

Ryan was on Beyond once or twice

I think you're right. I think he was on three times after leaving IGN. Once when he was with a publisher (Deep Silver?), twice while he was with PlayStation, including PSX last year (the final live with a crowd Colin/Greg Podcast Beyond).

Wasn't Ryan Clements a regular for a few years?

Yeah. We're talking about the appearances he made after he left IGN while Greg and Colin still ran Podcast Beyond. Ryan only had 2 or 3 appearances since, the last being at PSX, which we now know as the final Live Podcast Beyond event (with Greg and Colin). The new crew did a live Episode 400 show that Greg showed up to.

With couple more curse words and bit more passive aggressiveness I would take your post seriously.

Oh come on dude, I wrote one. I'm tired of people popping into threads and shitting on genuine people and great games with no good reason. Especially when the person is writing a comment on the same page.

Also my "aggressiveness" wasn't passive in that post.

I don't understand what makes him so irritating, and really no one actually says why. Also I haven't seen why Uncharted 3 sucks other than because it's terrible.

Karu

I agree with Greg that if 3 was 2 and 2 was 3, 3 might have gotten more praise.
How is that even an argument, though. Never understood this shit.

Uncharted 2 has better pacing than 3 in my mind, thus I like it more and the fact one came before the other doesn't change that fact. What do i give a shit what the majority-opinion would be?

(Nothing against you personally of course, though. ;-))

Well color me excited. I wonder if they plan to have a 3rd member or a rotating 3rd chair? I like the new Beyond crew but it will be nice to listen to Greg and Colin do it again.

Pretty much this, but the exact opposite. Colin is such a self-righteous....fella, that I have pretty much had to stop listening to Kinda Funny. I really enjoy Greg's sense of humor, but it's almost like humor, in general, is entirely lost on Colin. I was really hoping they were announcing that maybe they would do one show without the two of them together. oh well. I'm not judging or saying what they should do. Just expressing an opinion. If they're happy doing this, more power to both of them.

AHindD

Don't like him? Don't listen to it.

Can't wait to add this to my pocket cast app, I freaking loved these guys (along with my continued love for the blogcast and retronaughts).

Everything.
like what

care to elaborate?
oh, wow. yeah he sounded *slightly* drunk but it was probably just him being immature. how exactly did he score giant bomb appeal though simulataneously?

oh my god, don't even get me started on that.
you kinda just did lol
. I made a Uc2 vs Me2 thread way back starting off with how greg miller wrote about how Me2 > Uc2 - which of course it's fine to believe that, but then this mothafucker years later gives Uc3 a 10, retroactively contradicting himself because of the reasons he said Me2 was the better game in the first place! Ridiculous.

Curufinwe

Oh come on dude, I wrote one. I'm tired of people popping into threads and shitting on genuine people and great games with no good reason. Especially when the person is writing a comment on the same page.

Also my "aggressiveness" wasn't passive in that post.

I don't understand what makes him so irritating, and really no one actually says why. Also I haven't seen why Uncharted 3 sucks other than because it's terrible.

Bullshit you haven't. There are multiple threads with page after page of discussion of the problems Unchsrted 3 had. Starting with the aiming being busted at launch.

Noooo. Please no. The guy is obnoxious and brings nothing to the table in terms of gaming.

Really what I've learned between this and the giant bomb threads is everyone that has a podcast is obnoxious.

Pretty much this, but the exact opposite. Colin is such a self-righteous....fella, that I have pretty much had to stop listening to Kinda Funny. I really enjoy Greg's sense of humor, but it's almost like humor, in general, is entirely lost on Colin. I was really hoping they were announcing that maybe they would do one show without the two of them together. oh well. I'm not judging or saying what they should do. Just expressing an opinion. If they're happy doing this, more power to both of them.

Responding to what I was saying earlier, at least this guy gives a reason for why he isn't a fan. I don't agree, but whatever.

Bullshit you haven't. There are multiple threads with page after page of discussion of the problems Unchsrted 3 had. Starting with the aiming being busted at launch.

I'm talking about here and in the recent games in a series you don't like thread. I haven't been on GAF but for more than a few months.

Aiming huh? I feel like I got the game at launch and didn't remember any problems like that. But in general I've never had a problem with Uncharted controls.

Edit: I appreciate pound's discussion below me. I think he's on to something about some of the marginal characters, but for me they didn't obscure the Nathan sully relationship and that along with the improved gameplay (imo) makes it my favorite.

How is that even an argument, though. Never understood this shit.

Uncharted 2 has better pacing than 3 in my mind, thus I like it more and the fact one came before the other doesn't change that fact. What do i give a shit what the majority-opinion would be?

(Nothing against you personally of course, though. ;-))

Uncharted 2 was also more focused in every regard that defined the Uncharted series. It focused on one historical figure, and one mystery to solve. It had a more focused cast, smaller with clearer archetypes and used the cast well, usually in duos to play off one another. And it followed one clear objective all along.

Uncharted 3 was the ADHD version of Uncharted 2, it threw in a handful of new characters, that never got fully explored because they had to share so much time. I mean that both as part of the scenes they're in, and in the overall playtime. There was no clear historical impetus. It was partially about Francis Drake, and a little about Lawrence of Arabia and then some other random figures crop up. And for a story that really needed to focus on Drake and Sully, there was so much useless stuff that was peripheral to that relationship. I sometimes think it dug too deep on Drake, who as a character doesn't need to have the exposition he's subjected to in U3. The young Drake stuff was, silly to me.

Uncharted 3 played better. It was a better shooter. Had better platforming. But it failed on what set the series apart to begin with.

Curufinwe

It wasn't a better shooter. Aside from the borked aiming they had to patch it also had some awful encounter design, like the sandstorm level full of snipers and guys with RPGs.

Pretty much this, but the exact opposite. Colin is such a self-righteous....fella, that I have pretty much had to stop listening to Kinda Funny.

A right-wing Arthur Gies.

Yoday

I will be adding this to my feed as soon as it drops. There are a number of Xbox podcasts out there, but it is pretty slim pickings for PS centric podcasts. The new podcast Beyond is absolutely awful IMO. Beyond went from one of my top podcasts to something I listen to if nothing else pops up.

i've heard people saying as much about colin, but...I don't really see it. most of the content i've seen from his is game reviewers and as a reviewer he's also imo much better than greg was.
Don't like him? Don't listen to it.
as I've said here, I don't. And I wont.
They why are you shitting up this thread?
I used to watch clips of the old ign beyond podcast, saw the title of the thread, watched the video, and had something to say. don't like it? move on. you shouldn't let one person's disagreement affect how you browse a thread.

AHindD

I used to watch clips of the old ign beyond podcast, saw the title of the thread, watched the video, and had something to say. don't like it? move on. you shouldn't let one person's disagreement affect how you browse a thread.

Sigh. Well I guess I'll take your advice.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I would like to clarify one thing. Your opinion on Greg is based on old podcast Beyond Videos? If so, he has changed so much since then, especially after IGN had him host Up At Noon. He has really toned down his hyper attitude. I remember old Beyond episodes where I felt like my headphones were going to be damaged by his yelling (slight sarcasm), but he's much more mellow than he was just three or four years ago. He's also had several life altering changes (divorce, cancer) that have shaped him into he is now. Every now and then, he'll revert to goofiness (which I do enjoy), but usually that happens when he's had a few beers to drink.

bobawesome

Neat, I'll have to try it out. I was sad when Greg and Colin left IGN. They were the only reason I cared for the site for so long. Now all they have is...Dan Stapleton. Ugh.

I am so very excited about this! I loved Beyond and am a one-year and running Patreon supporter of KF and KFG but I can't get in to the new Beyond, I don't like that Max and Brian are basically turning it into a generic IGN podcast with Comedy Button references.

Same here. Been addicted to listening to everything on KF and KFG ever since E3'15 and thats after not being a fan of Greg or IGN in general over the years.

I kind of feel IGN has changed somewhat for the worse since they left. They seem to be getting more clickbaity then before. They don't have those deep dive type of articles that Colin used to write (like his great, but unfortunately never-to-be-finished History of Naughty Dog).

Haunted

I stopped listening to the Kinda Funny Gamescast (even though I enjoy the personalities) because their focus and tastes didn't really mesh with my own, I wonder how this will overlap with that cast, which already covers Everything Playstation quite extensively.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I would like to clarify one thing. Your opinion on Greg is based on old podcast Beyond Videos? If so, he has changed so much since then, especially after IGN had him host Up At Noon. He was really toned down his hyper attitude. I remember old Beyond episodes where I felt like my headphones were going to be damaged by his yelling (slight sarcasm), but he's much more mellow than he was just three or four years ago. He's also had several life altering changes (divorce, cancer) that have shaped him into he is now. Every now and then, he'll revert to goofiness (which I do enjoy), but usually that happens when he's had a few beers to drink.
Not just them, no. In fact, that's the least that's made up my opinion on him. It is mostly articles he's written for ign and the reviews he did there, too. I didn't really know he's gone through the hardships you mentioned though, and it prompted me to read up about it - and it's good to hear that he's been able to fight away the cancer after chemo.

Stimpack

oh, wow. yeah he sounded *slightly* drunk but it was probably just him being immature. how exactly did he score giant bomb appeal though simulataneously?
\

I'd blame it on the alcohol if not for the fact that it doesn't seem out of character with every other instance I've seen him in. The community found his antics to be hilarious, that moment in particular was turned into a gif and has stayed in circulation since as a highlight of his personality. Since then he's taken part in a lot of their live shows, and it kills me inside. I find his brand of humor to be particularly low-brow and I feel he tries a little too hard at times, but I can shrug off all of that. What upsets me is him throwing beer on the floor and basically saying he doesn't give a fuck because someone other asshole will clean it up for him.

Anyway, I just wanted to explain my earlier comment. Clearly people are all up in arms when you have something negative to say about the thing they like, so I'll probably go ahead and take my leave of the thread now that I've spoken my piece.

Trojan

I don't really get how Tim fits into the current Kinda Funny model. Seems like Greg and Colin are the key players and this podcast with just them is supporting that notion. Tim tends to dwell on the same points for too long and you can tell that Greg and Colin aren't always feeling it by how often they roll their eyes.

Top Bottom