• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

CrazyHal

You can just hold the A button now and it never stops the animation, you just keep gathering much faster than normal. Same for carving, just hold A and you get your items faster than stopping, standing up, bending down and starting again.

More then 10 years later and they finally made gathering/carving less tedious?

WHAT THE HELL TOOK THEM SO LONG!? Has silly has this sound, this is one of the biggest improvements in the franchise's history.

So giving the low money payout i heard about in a GaijinHunter video, how viable is it to use a bow from the start?

I'm still at 3 star quests and I'm using it fine. Coatings don't really cost much (8z for power level 1 and 13z c range etc). I also take the free empty bottles and poison coatings in the quest box too so i have a ton of those

Plumpman

You can just hold the A button now and it never stops the animation, you just keep gathering much faster than normal. Same for carving, just hold A and you get your items faster than stopping, standing up, bending down and starting again. There's also a lot more items at every node, I get close to 10 items now as opposed to 5.

This is huge!
I knew there were some changes, but the Hold A + More Per Node is life changing!

Doombear

And don't forget the ability, with a single menu choice, to remove all decorations from any gear/weapons in your inventory.

Finally.

Nohar

You can just hold the A button now and it never stops the animation, you just keep gathering much faster than normal. Same for carving, just hold A and you get your items faster than stopping, standing up, bending down and starting again. There's also a lot more items at every node, I get close to 10 items now as opposed to 5.

Discovered that completly by chance earlier. This is such a little thing that changes so smooth so much the gameplay ♥

I'm still at 3 star quests and I'm using it fine. Coatings don't really cost much (8z for power level 1 and 13z c range etc). I also take the free empty bottles and poison coatings in the quest box too so i have a ton of those

Hmm thats good. Im considering going with bow from the start.

georly

The one thing rubbing me the wrong way is that if you want to use Art 2 and 3, you need to use the Touchscreen. Using the stylus in the middle of an hunt is... not ideal. Sadly, I guess I'll have no other choice than to use my thumb (better wash my hands more often than normal).

EDIT: Nevermind. YEAH FOR EXTRA SHOULDER BUTTONS!!!!

wait you can do the arts without touch screen!?

Isomac

I tried to go back to MH4U recently and I had no idea what I was doing anymore. I used that insect weapon too. Which I really liked but now I am like lost how I was going to upgrade it. I would also like to try the multiplayer for the first time, new game should have more players... I am trying to decide, if I should run to the shop and get this latest on or not.

Hmm thats good. Im considering going with bow from the start.

yeah im not really having an issue with money atm. I have the Jaggi set and Moshgarl set for my Bow and Maccao for blademaster stuff. I bought like 600 power coatings and 400 c range coatings and still had about 10k left.

Kinsei

Banned
I don't understand. No G rank? So is this difficult or is it baby mode if you've played MH before?

Also no Diablos :(

How long have you been playing MH? A lot of the games don;t have G rank. Anyways, it is easy but the level 10 deviants should provide a challenge.

Diablos sucks. Good riddance to them.

Yes! Kokoto may have been my first MH village but I have the most nostalgia for Pokke. It'll be nice to chill by that fire with the elder and Nekoht again.

blackflag

How long have you been playing MH? A lot of the games don;t have G rank. Anyways, it is easy but the level 10 deviants should provide a challenge.

Diablos sucks. Good riddance to them.

Been playing since Base 3 and I can't remember if that one had G rank but I thought the others after that did.

Sad to hear it is easy but I'll be day 1 regardless.

Kinsei

Banned
Been playing since Base 3 and I can't remember if that one had G rank but I thought the others after that did.

Sad to hear it is easy but I'll be day 1 regardless.

Tri had no G rank. Only two of the five games (including Generations) since then have had G rank.

Am I reading these charts wrong? It seems like there's less than 4u.

There are over 70 final form DBs there. That's a huge amount when compared to other weapons I've mained (like the charge blade in 4U).

MouldyK

Nah. After the devs actually said gave their reasons why, I'm actually glad they gave poor Great Jaggi a break. He's been everybody's whipping boy for two generations.

By the time MH5 rolls around, I'll expect him back, along with Great Maccau.

I remember when I first played MH3U on the Wii U 2 years ago and he was BRUTAL.

Now I look at him and laugh.

XaosWolf

I wish those who didn't get to play the wonderful Portable 3rd got to experience the secret hot springs of Yukumo.

But my main man is back (sans his Hako Beer) selling meals. =)
MHP3-Drink-ya.png

MouldyK

There are over 70 final form DBs there. That's a huge amount when compared to other weapons I've mained (like the charge blade in 4U).

Are we counting the Max Level of each weapon too? Because it sounds like, for example, Maxxing out Petrified Daggers for example, gives you Scholarly Daggers.

Yooooooo!!!!

A'ight, I don't have time to play this but I'm gonna go on and buy it now. Fuck, man. My backlog is so ridiculous and a time sink like MH is the last thing I need.

Also, just watched a Great Sword (my main!) tutorial for this game. I'm sticking with Guild Style. I don't want to give up any of my charges.

yeah im not really having an issue with money atm. I have the Jaggi set and Moshgarl set for my Bow and Maccao for blademaster stuff. I bought like 600 power coatings and 400 c range coatings and still had about 10k left.

I was considering swapping jaggi for ludroth to get Stamina recovery. Granted i need a charm to seal the deal.

Nohar

what do you guys think about SnS in this game?

GaijinHunter outright says SnS is OP in Generations.

If GaijinHunter says so, you can be sure he is goddamn right.

Keep in mind that as a small but fast weapon, you better use the right element against the right monsters.

Honestly, with all the items a SnS user can easily use during fights (including bombs) on top of the newly added Oils, playing SnS basically makes you the Witcher.

GaijinHunter outright says SnS is OP in Generations.

If GaijinHunter says so, you can be sure he is goddamn right.

As much as a i love GH
( I mean, i straight up fangirled when he shared some of my darksouls/nioh stuff on twitter)

Community is generally getting weird when it comes to taking every word he says as the gospel truth.
Like aerial switch-axe hype coming from "GH mained it in village, must be awesome, so im going to main it too!!""

edit : Since when did Gore armor give evasion o_0

Kinsei

Banned
As much as a i love GH
( I mean, i straight up fangirled when he shared some of my darksouls/nioh stuff on twitter)

Community is generally getting weird when it comes to taking every word he says as the gospel truth.
Like aerial switch-axe hype coming from "GH mained it in village, must be awesome, so im going to main it too!!""

I just assume most of them are kids. They tend to latch onto everything a youtuber/streamer says and does.

Nohar

That hype story was unknown to me. I merely quoted GaijinHunter because he makes thorough analysis of the gameplay of the franchise and has given us a lot of useful advices and guides (both in text and video format). I have yet to read that some of his work was inaccurate.

Lren

Looking forward to getting my friends and brother together to go on hunts again. IG, SnS, and HBG are going to be my go to's again but prowler mode is also going to be thrown right in there. Gotta rock that Yukumo armor ASAP.

Samemind

I wanna say he has new moves to make up for no water. Could be wrong.

Absolutely has new moves. He almost feels like a different fight compared to previous landlocked lagi battles.

As much as a i love GH

Quite common for armor sets to give different sets of skills across different games.

Vuze

Ping will also release an updated version of his MHX Dex with all localized names tomorrow. Sneak peek:
I'm not sure when he will release it, I've sent him the finalizing pack of data an hour ago. If OP wants to add the link to his site: https://sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxdex

One day I will convince him to implement the interactive maps I've been fantasizing about but today is not the day :v

Also if any EU folks are interested, I'm giving away an eShop copy + home menu design code.
https://twitter.com/MHVuze/status/753679714108203008

Hybris

As much as a i love GH

I've learned to take a lot of what he says about weapon balance with a grain of salt. He has a ton of enthusiasm about every weapon in the game, and sometimes he portrays something as amazing, when in relation to the really top tier stuff, it's mediocre.

More then 10 years later and they finally made gathering/carving less tedious?

WHAT THE HELL TOOK THEM SO LONG!? Has silly has this sound, this is one of the biggest improvements in the franchise's history.

For every person asking for tedium to be removed, you have a random fan swearing that it "adds to the experience."

Hybris

For every person asking for tedium to be removed, you have a random fan swearing that it "adds to the experience."

Isn't this just the same speed as crouch gathering? Only difference I'm noticing is I don't have to spam the button, but I'm not actually saving any time am I?

Top Bottom