• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference (PART 2); June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Sony, you know what we want...

14bj62.gif

raven777

Because he's going to E3 (though isn't he going for KH 1.5?) or something else?

Nomura says something like this

" when this radio airs there will be E3 going on at US. I will be at E3 for KH1.5 promotion. And there is a certain information announced at E3 which I cannot talk about at this moment. But I feel like everyone knows what this information will be anyway."

nizerifin

Banned
Good morning everybody (5:29 AM eastern time here). Going to work for a 12-hour shift but I'll be home around 8pm. JUST IN TIME. My GF will be watching the other events for me and coming up with snarky remarks regarding Microsoft. Everyone have a good day. I expect this thread to be close to 20k by the time I get home...

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1015001/The-Long

Since people have time to kill, watch this Cerny talk that I don't think most people have watched before.

It talks about Cerny living through the video game crash, how he can spot the market requirements for the crash to happens, how to stop it and his history in gaming. It's extremely interesting and I think it really explains a lot of the direction behind the playstation right now and it fills you with hope.

http://blip.tv/rpadtv/mark-cerny-talks-mobile-social-and-motion-gaming-4920017

This is great too.

Thanks for the mention, I'm expecting UStream and GameTrailers to be overloaded as usual - maybe streaming from YouTube is going to be a viable way to dodge that?
They handled that Red Bull stratosphere jump thing pretty well, and that almost certainly had more viewers than this is going to have, so YouTube will probably be the best place to watch it.

Since people have time to kill, watch this Cerny talk that I don't think most people have watched before.

It talks about Cerny living through the video game crash, how he can spot the market requirements for the crash to happens, how to stop it and his history in gaming. It's extremely interesting and I think it really explains a lot of the direction behind the playstation right now and it fills you with hope.

This is great too.

If Cerny isn't the spokesman for the conference, I'm going to be super pissed.

aRogue

Banned
I'm going to miss this E3 because of work. Anyone know how long till Sony throws up the replay on their Youtube channel? Is it an hour, day or week after?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
If Cerny isn't the spokesman for the conference, I'm going to be super pissed.

I don't think he will be.

He's not a PR person. He was there in Feb to explain the hardware vision and design because that's his job.

That presentation has been done now. Only way I could see him on stage at E3 is if they're doing a demo of Knack.

Exentryk

" when this radio airs there will be E3 going on at US. I will be at E3 for KH1.5 promotion. And there is a certain information announced at E3 which I cannot talk about at this moment. But I feel like everyone knows what this information will be anyway."

That sounds pretty good ;]

Updated OP in the mdRadio thread! Thanks!

Into

Cerny has to be there, an actual game developer and not simply a suit, he comes across as genuine and honest, while at the same time has immense amount of experience and knowledge.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
By the by, I assume that new teaser image of a cloaked PS4 from June 8th was already discussed? Kind of gives maybe another idea of the box's shape, if that picture is indeed representative of the design. Looks like it could wrap around in a curve on two sides, not just one, with maybe a slanting top. Dunno though.

The Jason

Sorry if this is old, but it looks like there's going to be a YouTube livestream as well.
Nice, youtube might be a good bet.

This is great too.

Nice video to watch before E3. thanks

By the by, I assume that new teaser image of a cloaked PS4 from June 8th was already discussed? Kind of gives maybe another idea of the box's shape, if that picture is indeed representative of the design. Looks like it could wrap around in a curve on two sides, not just one, with maybe a slanting top. Dunno though.

I missed that image, link?

HooYaH

Oh you can bet Sony will do some sales talk, especially if reports of them passing 360 are true

They will make sure to let everyone know they are the industry leader and have outsold the 360 worldwide

That's a possibility.

Here is my safe schedule prediction:

Montage of Vita, PS3, and PS4. "Greatness Awaits" campaign
PS3 talk... future holiday lineup, last of us blah blah
GT6 demo with Kaz and Translator-san

Vita talk... commits that they are bringing out as many games possible
Vita reel of future games video of this holiday. Several big announcements and maybe the title Shahid was talking about that was really big with a title that starts with a letter "P".
Minecraft comes to Vita/PS3/PS4 announcement

Everything goes quiet.... PS4 hardware manifests video.
Everything here is unknown but it is also a good time to talk on their stance on the DRM.

The show ends to whatever Shane and others said was Jaw dropping.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
This would be awful if true.

Don't really get what's so awful about it (?) Daylight getting press conference time would be a coup for its developer, but stuff like The Order or BF4 seem very fitting if not predictable. Who knows about the other new IP.

They're not saying 'these are the only games Sony is showing'. They're saying they're 4 of the games they've heard about.

I-hate-u

Both Naughty Dog and Insomniac were formed due to Mark Cerny when he was working at Universal and looking to create games for his company.

I couldn't make sense of it, looks like a chair with the seat missing.

Soriku

Nice.

Pachimari

If we're not seeing PlayStation Home at this conference then I'm losing hope of seeing it pre-installed on PS4. :(

That's all I want. A next-gen updated and upgraded Home with no loading times between areas.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I missed that image, link?

CpRXqXm.png

I couldn't find the official source, but that image popped up on a few sites.

Actually, on a second look I don't know about there being two curved sides...the one on the left looks like it might be more like an angled edge - a side that kind of angles out.

Then again, maybe this silhouette is completely arbitrary and not actually representative of the box...

Shit why so late, this is 3am in continental Europe, no way I'm gonna stay up for this.

I've been following E3 for years now and I don't remember ever having to wake up in the middle of the night for a first party conference, why the change this year? Well enjoy your Last Guardian live footage guys :/

Mr. RHC

Shit why so late, this is 3am in continental Europe, no way I'm gonna stay up for this.

I've been following E3 for years now and I don't remember ever having to wake up in the middle of the night for a first party conference, why the change this year? Well enjoy your Last Guardian live footage guys :/

Sleep from 22:00 to 03:00. No sleep then, only hype now!

netBuff

Why would you need sleep?

Actually, on a second look I don't know about there being two curved sides...the one on the left looks like it might be more like an angled edge - a side that kind of angles out.

Thanks.

It's looks to me like the two sides form a 'car headlight' type curve, perhaps leading to a display?

Fistwell

Yeah same here pretty much. Not getting up in the middle of the night for this, it'll have to wait till morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom