• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiko |OT| Hyper Light Zelda. The Best $5 You Can Spend on Switch!

Cerium

Am3LGp2.png

Kr30Pvf.png

KuiVtnw.jpg

BgcbXCB.png

6hJXmLy.png

xhrMGil.png

rTEsF8g.jpg

b1Kpz8x.png

jgJxaBX.jpg

eiW9DTj.png

ESkPYUY.jpg

wfSkyaw.png

SakjW57.png

Beat the game with the first girl. I had a blast. Will start again with another character and try to improve my time. Really loving this $5 gem.
Alright, Kamiko is pretty great. It's not very long - it took me about 45 minutes to beat the game, though I could see others first playthroughs taking an hour - but there are 2 more characters and the game definitely seems to be made with replayability in mind. The artstyle is very appealing, and the soundtrack is appropriately moody. Definitely a good deal for what amounts to about $5.
Just beat the game not long ago with Yamato, and it took me 1:07:07 to do it.

Had a blast chopping and dodging my way through this one (especially the bosses), and even the hour would've been worth the 500 yen, but I'll definitely be going back for the other characters too. ^_^
The music in this game is so good
I enjoyed kamiko so much I wrote a review! I hope this isn't against the terms. I make no money off my site, it's just a blog.

https://socksfelloff.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/kamiko-review/
Just beat it a couple of minutes ago with Yamato as my character. It's a short yet enjoyable top-down action title with some fairly simple puzzle solving spread across four stages which take roughly 10 to 15 minutes each to conquer. The visual and sound design is top-notch and definitely reminiscent of Hyper Light Drifter.

As for specific gameplay aspects: none of the enemies or bosses particularly stood out as difficult to me, but I'd say there's a healthy amount of variety present in the designs and attack patterns to not disappoint at this price point.There isn't all that much present in terms of story yet there seems to be an incentive for beating the game as all three characters judging by a locked menu option and tracked statistics.

Overall, I enjoyed what I've played so far and easily recommend this game for folks looking to blow off some steam all the while experiencing visual and auditory delight.
I love this game.
rHndPT9.png

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
funny enough, I spent money on amazon.co.jp to see if I could buy a JPN switch eshop card with a US credit card.. I could and grabbed 500Y. Now I have 500Y on the JPN eshop and this game costs exactly 500Y.... so..... ;)

BizzyBum

Are you the official Switch OT maker, Cerium? You make great OT's so no objections here!

I was going to download this off the Japanese eShop, good thing I waited. Can't really go wrong for $5. I would probably buy Vroom if it were $5. lol

Cerium

I'll pick it up but it looks ALOT like Hyper Light Drifter.

It plays more like turbo Zelda and the art is an evolution of their Fairune games which predate HLD.

They might've taken some inspiration with the colors but there's only so much you can do with pixel art.

Grylvak

I've been playing the Japanese version a little bit at a time as Yamato and i'm loving it. I think i'm on the last level and I can't wait to beat it and play as someone else.

atmuh

played through the jp version with all 3 characters. it was a really nice little game that's well worth the price.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm still puttering away at Zelda, haha, and I have a mountain of stuff on PS4, but this game looks super fun and the price is hard to ignore. I'll be jumping on board tomorrow!

Robin64

If you want to open the ???? option on the title screen, you will need to...

Find a location in each of the four levels where you get a prompt to press A to find a hidden item. I would say the locations are not terribly obvious.

View my tweet here to see level 1's location, for an example of what to look for.

Malyse

I hope for nothing but success for Skipmore and Circle. Fairune and Fairune 2 are immensely charming games and this is deffo going to be one of my first buys when I get a Switch.,

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
well I just grabbed this on the jpn shop with my credit. will download and play when I get home. I've been working through Zelda still.. but with most saying this is about an hour affair, I'll definitely fire this up tonight.

Will be downloading soon. Best thing i ever did was get a $35 eshop card for puyo Puyo Tetris and this for a tenner less than Puyo is in the UK.

God i missed region free

Top Bottom