• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiko |OT| Hyper Light Zelda. The Best $5 You Can Spend on Switch!

Vena

I am just not good at speed running with the archer maiden. The way she sticks really messes with my reactions trying to move her while she'd mid-root of a shooting animation.

I figured it out just after I posted, typically. However now I can't find where the ball is that goes in the left switch. Thanks!

Well, if you still need help it's
behind the large piece of slate that moves, and through the grass. You can see me coming out of the entrance with the ball in this pic, with the box it came out of screen left.

Maybe I am not thinking about this right, but Uzume has been waaaaaaaay easier for me than Yamato has been so far. They both move as fast as each other, and even though Uzume doesn't move when she attacks, she can fire from such a far distance anyway. Yamato has been much more inconvenient for me because her attack range puts her in distance of touch attacks all the time.

Shahadan

Btw the game is #4 on the US eshop and #3 on the french one.

I guess unlike steam the ranking is made by number of unit sold, but still, seems like people are buying it for now

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Just dropping by to recommend Fairune, and particularly Farune 2, to anybody who's into action-adventures (zelda) and the Skipmore signature artstyle.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
ShXddDr.jpg

Neat little game. First run through was inflated a bit by getting stuck for 10+ minutes on the 2nd level as I got stuck by missing a block that needed pushed.

Will definitely run through it with the other characters. Well worth the $5.

Edit: did a second run with the archer chick. 41:55 that run. Wasn't doing a speed run or anything.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Beat it in little over an hour. Pretty good, will agree that the music is fantastic. I've started over with the archer now, but if I read it correctly there's no real reward for finishing the game with all 3? I guessed the contrary because you get an icon on your save for each character you beat the game with.

How do you unlock the '???' section in the menu and what is it?

Beat it in little over an hour. Pretty good, will agree that the music is fantastic. I've started over with the archer now, but if I read it correctly there's no real reward for finishing the game with all 3? I guessed the contrary because you get an icon on your save for each character you beat the game with.

How do you unlock the '???' section in the menu and what is it?

It's more of a "try and beat your time" kind of game after your first playthrough, and the characters' weapons make the different runs challenging in unique ways.

The "???" bits unlock when you find the four hidden triggers in game. They're well hidden, as I've only found one after four or five runs through.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
All done as I don't care about speed running. Did my third character run this morning, and then did a run using a video to find the triggers to unlock the ???? Wish I'd looked up what that unlocked as it's just a
sound test
so not worth it for me.

Fun little game and worth the $5 for sure as I got around 3 hours out of it even not being one to try to beat my times. Only mechanic I didn't like was having to carry things and dodge enemies and dropping the item and having to start over if you get hit. The key run in area 4 sucked, especially doing it 4 times across playthroughs.

illusionary

I'm going to have to pick this up shortly, but if I could use this thread for a related question - the discussion of Fairune also has me intrigued. I see that it's fairly recently been released on Vita. Is there a consensus over what the better version is, between the £DS and Vita (t's a little more expensive on Vita)?

zigg

I'm going to have to pick this up shortly, but if I could use this thread for a related question - the discussion of Fairune also has me intrigued. I see that it's fairly recently been released on Vita. Is there a consensus over what the better version is, between the £DS and Vita (t's a little more expensive on Vita)?
I just cleared it this evening, liked it a lot. I don't see how it would benefit from being on Vita. Get it wherever you're going to play it.

Really enjoyed this but had some pretty severe frame rate issues on later levels

I'm fine with the minimal story/structure in favor of simplicity, however for their follow up I'd like to see this turn into a spelunky style structure with daily challenges and everything

Kyuur

Alright GAF, I feel dumb as bricks. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to the last shrine in the second level. There's two switches, no blocks to push, doesn't look like I can lure enemies onto them. Ran all over the map to see if I was missing something and couldn't find anything (except a hidden health upgrade)! Help me out here. :|

Phoenixus

Alright GAF, I feel dumb as bricks. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to the last shrine in the second level. There's two switches, no blocks to push, doesn't look like I can lure enemies onto them. Ran all over the map to see if I was missing something and couldn't find anything (except a hidden health upgrade)! Help me out here. :|

If I'm remembering right there is a block hidden behind a tree or statue of some sort, you have to push it to slide it across. Should be slightly south of the switches.

ghibli99

Really enjoyed this but had some pretty severe frame rate issues on later levels
I bought this and have yet to play it, but I hate seeing stuff like this (which I did read about before purchasing it). Are the framerate issues about the same docked/undocked?

ss_lemonade

Just started playing this. Anyone using the arrow buttons have the same problem of accidentally hitting the left analog stick? Never thought the joycon dpad buttons would be a problem for me until I tried them in this game.

Insaniac

Not sure why they handled enemy spawns the way they did. For a speed running game, dashing from point to point and having enemies literally spawn right in your face is terrible.

Top Bottom