• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New THQ Nordic Open-World ARPG "Biomutant" Accidentally Revealed Early [PS4/X1/PC]

13ruce

Banned
This is why i love video games tbh. I prefer things like this or fantasy/fiction way more then games based alot on real life (games like uncharted etc are a exeption to that tho).

Feels like the Mascot era again if more games like this come and honestly thats a very good thing.

CamHostage

Yeah, so 90s and silly-fun in concept, I look forward to it hopefully surprising people with how it plays .... though THQ Nordic leaves me nervous with the first screenshot ever of the game being a freaking water area (but hey, at least the flying rig/dragon/wings-thing resells it.)

Incidentally from reading around, Experiment 101 is an upstart studio (founded 2015) in Stockholm, Sweden, doing its first title. Founder Stefan Ljungqvist comes from Avalanche Studios and mostly worked in the art team (Art Director on Mad Max, Just Cause 1/2/3), he was Game Director on a project that looks like didn't make it before he left in 2013. He also was the lead on the shuttered MOBA on Greenlight called Deadbreed if people are familiar with that. So, take from that what you will, that's my history report.

Bulbasaur

Banned
Name is awesome.
Non-generic protagonist.
Sword wielding mutant mammal throwback protagonist.
Open world.
ARPG

Sold. And major props to THQ for rolling the die and breaking from the norms.

Dynomutt

Watership Down Open World ARPG is coming next.

Anyone think the THQ Nordic logo looks familiar? The red
for some reason reminds me of Naughty Dog.

Waggles

That design is awful, like they're just trying to ape the popularity of Marvel's Rocket Raccoon. And they ripped of Horizon's logo.

Won't even consider unless it has those sweet, sweet lootboxes.

Nesther

I need this now. Open world ARPG starring a cool ass animal? Count me in. The Kung Fu angle makes it even more intriguing.

Vinc

Just from this, consider me interested. Looks like an open world RPG ratchet and clank of sorts. If it looks cool in the gameplay reveal, I'll definitely be in!

Jawmuncher

Well, we have Beyond Good and Evil 2 and the Blacksad adventure game coming soon.

There's plenty of room for adult-oriented anthro video games.

Of course. Just hoping these things do well since they haven't typically in the past when they were aimed at adults.

True Fire

This is the mix between mascot platformers and Horizon Zero Dawn I never knew I wanted.

This gen is really starting to carve out an identity.

Horizon seemed liked the closest I'd get to an open-world, action adventure Thundercats game with modern visuals.

This is also in that territory.

Maybe the real thing could happen soon!?

Vargavinter

Looks like the old Swedish pen & paper roleplaying game called "Mutant" from the 80's. The game is still around with a new version even in english.

740px-GenLabAlfa_Box_Fram.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I understand why people like it and i agree it looks like something from the past, but it's not for me, i barely like animal characters when they are cartoony, realistic looking ones definitively aren't for me.

Top Bottom