• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Hell yeah.

We took pretty similar photos lol

CytHMOmXgAAGIpL.jpg

Tubtub

Neo Member
Anyone able to find the new animal crossing cards? Only best buy online had them. Gamestop doesn't even list them.went to the store and neither had them.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if they even made an Amiibo card album in EU for this new set? I have the first 4 (which I will some day complete...), but I haven't seen anything about the new expansion.

PtM

Banned
Back of the box shows 3 games that it works on: Twilight Princess HD, Hyrule Warriors Legends, & Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS. Also mentions Breath of the Wild. So I would assume yes.
My question is if the new Toon Link doesn't for some retarded reason give an Adult Link fighter.

bigkrev

My Target mixed the Zelda Amiibo in the Skylanders section instead of the Amiibo section, which was a little confusing. Tons of stock of everything.

I picked up the 8-bit Link, and came home to a package including OoT and an 8-bit Link I didn't even remember ordering LOL

I'm really tempted to buy the 30th Anniversary Modern Mario, but I'm afraid it won't have any other uses besides for Mario Maker. Could it be used in something else?

RaidenZR

So Amazon lost my order of Ocarina Link and 8-Bit Link, but somehow delivered my Toon Link and Zelda set. Customer service was pretty much saying "deal with it" by offering the refund, telling me to order from third party sellers. Which is not the fucking point at all. So now, I'm waiting on a supervisor...

Pissed. Anyone else have an issue with their Amazon orders?

Edit:

Oddly, the order showed up while on my order page on their site it's marked as late and "undeliverable" due to damage. What the fuck? Oh well, happy outcome.

Yarbskoo

Oot Link looks really nice. The paint application isn't completely clean, but it's still probably one of the best physical representations of the adult Hero of Time I've seen.
20Eg32U.png
UxWOzsk.png
YR9NmQO.png
m0SHAvP.png
tgQIo5R.png
7EIng6n.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did they ever put the Breath of the Wild amiibo up for pre-order? I still need to get those & Yarn Poochi ordered from Amazon or Best Buy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still pre-order considering they fall under the 20% Prime or GCU discount. I saved about $10 pre-ordering all the Zelda amiibo that came out & will probably save about $8 pre-ordering the 3 BotW ones, assuming the Guardian is also $13, but I could see him being a bit more like the yarn Yoshis.

G0523

Has anyone else stopped doing the pre-order hunt? Feel like I've not had trouble finding them for quite a while.

Yeah, I've stopped. I keep seeing sales on amiibo that drop them to less than $5 in a matter of weeks. That's all the incentive I need to not grab them on day one anymore.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
it's just a white box with eyes

i'll stick with my pink sphere with eyes, thank you

I'll be a bit bummed if they don't sell the amiibo separately, I already have the games digitally

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
it's just a white box with eyes

i'll stick with my pink sphere with eyes, thank you

I'll be a bit bummed if they don't sell the amiibo separately, I already have the games digitally

ZONIC PLS

Here's hoping for a Mallow too!

Bane

Physical release of the Box Boy games AND an Qbby amiibo? Fantastic news.

I love the really obscure amiibo releases. I collect amiibo to display as a visual history of Nintendo so anytime something like this or Chibi Robo comes along it makes me so happy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now I want to see a Push/Crash/Stretchmo physical collection with a Mallow amiibo bundled in. Though again, I'd just get the amiibo since I already have them digitally.

omg what if the Qbby amiibo is used in the next Kirby game & you get "Box" as a power, letting you basically become Qbby?

maxcriden

Is Qbby up on Amazon JP yet? Feeling like a Western release isnt a guarantee....

Did they ever put the Breath of the Wild amiibo up for pre-order? I still need to get those & Yarn Poochi ordered from Amazon or Best Buy.

Is Yarn Poochy available for sale separately?

Somnid

I believe only in Europe (and maybe Japan). Not in the U.S., though. Enjoy buying Yoshi's Wooly World but for a weaker system!

I think most of the game bundled Amiibo were unbundled later. No reason to think this won't be the case here as well.

Is Qbby up on Amazon JP yet? Feeling like a Western release isnt a guarantee....

NOA skipping on an Amiibo release? Yeah right, limited quantities maybe but the US is the best performing Amiibo market.

maxcriden

I believe only in Europe (and maybe Japan). Not in the U.S., though. Enjoy buying Yoshi's Wooly World but for a weaker system!

Thanks! Amazon Prime import it is!

I think most of the game bundled Amiibo were unbundled later. No reason to think this won't be the case here as well.

NOA skipping on an Amiibo release? Yeah right, limited quantities maybe but the US is the best performing Amiibo market.

I see your point on both counts. Thank you. I think with Poochy though I don't want to wait for an unbundled version to come to NA ... and for Qbby I don't want to wait at all. 😂

Im still kind of worried because we haven't heard anything about the Monster Hunter amiibo coming to US yet. Not even a US version of the game. Pls gimme monsters

ZeroX03

Banned
I guess I didn't notice it when I played the games and the Smash model is different, but the amiibo Toon Link and Zelda have really flat faces. The lighting makes them seem rounder in games, they look off in figures. Not bad but not as nice as I would like.

And 2D Link doesn't make the transition quite as nicely as Mario. That nose!

They're cool but not up to the Super Mario/Kirby lines.

Maybe a dumb question, but is there a current list anywhere of everything that's been released plus upcoming?

All of the lists I can find online at this point are a few months old :/

I just realized that its been almost a year since Cloud was released in Smash and we still don't have his amiibo. This is really getting frustrating.

Top Bottom