• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I've finally done it.
I have gotten all the Super Smash Bros amiibo line. Minus the three that still aren't out.
YEAAAAAH!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Same thing that always happens with some preordered items that take too long to be in stock. Not like he's going to be hard to find anyway.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Same thing that always happens with some preordered items that take too long to be in stock. Not like he's going to be hard to find anyway.

...or IS he??

I went into GS to pre-order my copy, so it sounds like it's fine. I've found more success with GS not cancelling orders, whereas I seem to hear every now and then the case being for Amazon. I think sometimes Amazon just allocates way too many, for the most part.

Nintendad

Anyone know what the Boo Amiibo actually does in Star Rush? I tapped him down in one mode and it said he's not compatible.

What are the chances of Gold Megaman becoming stand alone?

Probably low. It's a weird one since it's an LE pack-in, not a standard bundle, and it's sort of a Nintendo amiibo, sort of a Capcom amiibo. Even though it's based off of the Nintendo-produced Smash series model, I would assumed it was commissioned by Capcom, so it's probably more on them than Nintendo to get a standalone SKU released. Especially since it's not listed with Nintendo's other amiibo on their CPSIA certification page, so it seems that officially it's considered a Capcom product.

i-Jest

Probably low. It's a weird one since it's an LE pack-in, not a standard bundle, and it's sort of a Nintendo amiibo, sort of a Capcom amiibo. Even though it's based off of the Nintendo-produced Smash series model, I would assumed it was commissioned by Capcom, so it's probably more on them than Nintendo to get a standalone SKU released. Especially since it's not listed with Nintendo's other amiibo on their CPSIA certification page, so it seems that officially it's considered a Capcom product.

Rest in peace chances of getting one at retail value. I am NOT paying those scalper prices.

So happy Nintendo finally expanded the super mario line they all look nice and i cant wait till the zelda ones in december,

1wrxmaal.jpg

jax

Banned
Man I forgot about the Mario line release! I have to go pick up Boo, Waluigi and Daisy right away. (My rule is one of each character except gold reprints)

Stopped into Gamestop today to scout for codes, they had a few Gold Mario in stock, the entire wave of new Mario ones and some old favorites like Robin I saw behind the counter.

Pretty neat some stuff looks like its getting restocked.

Also, a friend of mine at TRU said amiibo were 2 for $20. I know that should include the new Mario ones but I'm not sure if it's an upcoming deal this week or one that just started.

Managed to buy 2 more amiibo, which is a first for me, since I've only bought one figure per transaction.

Bought Rosalina (FINALLY!) and Daisy! Wanted to grab Ryu, but the GameStop I bought my amiibo from didn't have any, though the Wal-Mart that was close by did, so next time! Also saw some Gold Mario behind the register. And the employee told me he had a Pit and Powersuit Samus that was in the backroom, but I only grabbed what I wanted for now.

CwsF6SQUcAAWItm.jpg:large

Garlador

Stopped into Gamestop today to scout for codes, they had a few Gold Mario in stock, the entire wave of new Mario ones and some old favorites like Robin I saw behind the counter.

Pretty neat some stuff looks like its getting restocked.

Also, a friend of mine at TRU said amiibo were 2 for $20. I know that should include the new Mario ones but I'm not sure if it's an upcoming deal this week or one that just started.

Yeah. Lots of old rare ones back in stock. I spotted a lot of Gold Marios, Pit, Robin, and even some older ones like Samus obviously getting new stock.

I have every single Amiibo now; I haven't even counted how many. At least 110?

Anyway, I've completely run out of room to display them on the multi-shelf display I bought specifically for Amiibo lol

At some point I'm going to have to cut myself off, right?

TheGrue

In some ways I kind of miss the hunt for these things. Was able to order all 7 Amiibo from Amazon on Friday and got them all today.

Jawmuncher

Managed to buy 2 more amiibo, which is a first for me, since I've only bought one figure per transaction.

Bought Rosalina (FINALLY!) and Daisy! Wanted to grab Ryu, but the GameStop I bought my amiibo from didn't have any, though the Wal-Mart that was close by did, so next time! Also saw some Gold Mario behind the register. And the employee told me he had a Pit and Powersuit Samus that was in the backroom, but I only grabbed what I wanted for now.

CwsF6SQUcAAWItm.jpg:large

You can't fool me, I know marvel isn't amiibo

-shadow-

Au contraire, I find the cleaner faces and no support pieces quite charming.

I do admit that they're a ton better than most Smash releases. Those really suffer from poor execution and planning. I get that they wanted dynamic poses, but the sausage fingers on most realistic models? The supporting pole on Falcon? The damn piss stand for Link!?
They should've went with stuff like this, or this or this. And I just came to the conclusion myself while looking for these images that they should've just used every much more practical design from Melee/Brawl...

G0523

What are the chances of Gold Megaman becoming stand alone?

I would just wait until Amazon has the CE on sale. I got mine from there for like $25 because it was "damaged" but it was still factory sealed. Everything inside was perfectly fine.

maxcriden

How are Boo and Diddy? Just ordered them as a surprise for my wife :D

How hard will the Zelda amiibo be to find, do we think?

Zalman

I took a family photo.

Cwvx16HXAAAm1Zc.jpg

Now, I know what you're thinking. Where's Boo? I mainly just wanted the Mario Party 3/4 cast (+ Diddy and Rosalina since they're in Smash, and I didn't buy the Smash versions). Anyway, I love this line. The figures are great.

ZeroX03

Banned
I wasn't interested in any Splatoon amiibo, but the squid sisters double pack for $12 and now supported in Animal Crossing? Can't turn that down.

Chuck

Still without luck
Hey all. So, I'm trying to sell all of my amiibo that I have in a bulk thing. How much do you think I could get for all these together?

9jTfNpkl.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hey all. So, I'm trying to sell all of my amiibo that I have in a bulk thing. How much do you think I could get for all these together?

9jTfNpkl.jpg

Honestly, I think it might be hard to find a buyer that wants multiple copies in a set (unless it was cheap enough where the buyer could resell them).

should have sold them before all the restocks

resell value is dead
amiibos are dead
cloud x bayonetta are dead until 2017

Kirby x Samus x Toon Link x Shiek might get something

Chuck

Still without luck
Thanks guys. I'm probably gonna try and get something for them in the bst thread. Just want them gone.

I can't help but notice that Amiibos are disturbingly absent from Target and Walmart's Black Friday ads...at least from what I see.

BF would have been a perfect time to reduce the price of many figures to help clear them out, especially Animal Crossing ones and Splatoon restock packs that didn't seem to move very much.

I haven't checked any other stores yet though. Hmm.

What the hell? I totally missed the Yarn Poochy announcement. Or I totally forgot about it. One or the other!

Have there been any rumblings of the Monster Hunter amiibo coming stateside? Those are the only ones that I don't have. Where's the best place to get them if not?

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
What the hell? I totally missed the Yarn Poochy announcement. Or I totally forgot about it. One or the other!

Have there been any rumblings of the Monster Hunter amiibo coming stateside? Those are the only ones that I don't have. Where's the best place to get them if not?

Just went and checked my preorders. He's in there. I breathed a sigh of relief then was horrified by everything else on preorder. 4 zelda amiibo, 3 large zelda amiibo and yarn poochie. RIP my wallet.

Top Bottom