• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Sun

Nope, there just isn't that much story left to tell.

There's a lot of story to tell but they just want to be done already and don't know how to connect the broad strokes together so they're dumping things and making a beeline to the end.

So the world, characters and motives are starting to feel a little thin.

Massa

There's a lot of story to tell but they just want to be done already and don't know how to connect the broad strokes together so they're dumping things and making a beeline to the end.

So the world, characters and motives are starting to feel a little thin.

Literally not a single soul in the world knows how to do that.

Huh, I thought everyone read the leaks.

Guess not.

WpR4D.gif

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Not bad if they kill a few of them off pretty early.

"I'm getting $2.5M an episode!"
"You're getting killed in episode 2"
"Shit"

- EW: Game of Thrones: HBO clarifies prequels, final seasons plan

I posted a few quotes about the spinoffs in that thread, but they also note in the interview that it might be a year and a half of production to finish season 8, which could conceivably push it into 2019.
On the Dan and David side of things, they told me that they’re not going to be involved in the prequels and instead are going to work on the final season for the next year and a half. Is that right?

Yep. I’m glad you asked that because that is one thing I want to clarify: By the time the final season airs, Dan and David will have been at this for 12 years. Which is an amazing fact. They didn’t go and do movies in between seasons, they didn’t set anything else up, they put everything — and are putting everything — into this show. They came into HBO with an idea for a show with a beginning, middle, and end, and they want to see it through. In conversations with them, they feel if their name is on the prequels — even in a passive way — it conveys some sort of expectation or responsibility. They want to enjoy the show as fans and don’t want to worry about the scripts or production issues. We were hoping to have their names on it out of respect for them, but we understand why they don’t want that.

So as of now, the final season could air in 2018 and/or in 2019 depending on their needs?

Yeah. They have to write the episodes and figure out the production schedule. We’ll have a better sense of that once they get further into the writing.
Nothing official yet, but something to keep an eye on.

B.K.

I posted a few quotes about the spinoffs in that thread, but they also note in the interview that it might be a year and a half of production to finish season 8, which could conceivably push it into 2019.Nothing official yet, but something to keep an eye on.

Now, The Winds of Winter may actually be released before Game of Thrones ends.

mantidor

This is odd... Specially when they were so adamant about only having 7 seasons until HBO made them split the last one into 2.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Oh hey, I was just on my way in here to report on the episode lengths. This, as WotW points out, effectively averages to the point that there's basically an eighth episode's worth of content strewn throughout the season.

I don't think the leaks have come from critics.
Last year's didn't, but S5 did.
But two years ago, the first four episodes of Thrones season 5 were leaked onto BitTorrent from DVD screeners that were sent to press and industry insiders weeks before the show’s premiere. Thrones is HBO’s most popular series of all time, the most expensive show on television, the world’s most illegally downloaded series, and an international phenomenon — so any episodes leaking is a rather big deal. The next year, HBO denied critics screeners for the first time — a perhaps unprecedented move for a drama series. In addition to leak fears, showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss generally prefer to keep each season’s storyline as secret as possible.

NeoGiff

It's probably a bit pointless asking this in here with the new OT due to go up in a few hours, but it's no harm:

Are any of you aware of anyone who writes about the show from a filmmaking perspective? Most of us are so accustomed to being caught up in the minutiae of character and story that I feel the technical construction of the show (editing, cinematography, sound, lighting, VFX, SFX etc.) gets somewhat overlooked, and this year I'd personally like to focus on those aspects more.

Dany

Banned
I am dany targaryen, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dragons, Queen of Meereen. And I will take what's mine with fire and blood.

tumblr_ois9tbwVvd1qg3ns4o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom