• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
S7 teaser poster:
HbFIHbr.jpg

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Hey. Correct me if I'm wrong. But that poster has ice and fire in it.

- Watchers: Premiere Date for Game of Thrones Season Seven to be Announced Today!
Instead of making an old-fashioned announcement, perhaps on the teaser poster, HBO’s marketing department decided to go in a more media-savvy direction: HBO just set up an interactive Facebook Live event, in which fans will be brought into a real life version of the poster: A gigantic block of ice surrounded by fire. The date is hidden underneath!

The event will begin at 11 am PT or 2 pm ET, in less than two hours from now. Keep an eye on the Game of Thrones Facebook page and get ready! Once the fandom does its work, HBO will reveal the much anticipated Game of Thrones Season 7 premiere date!

Dany

Banned
Wait so the next season is 7 episodes then we wait a year for 6 more?
GRR
M

I also am starting my first ever rewatch of the series with my partner. Who should I have in my avatar this year? I'm thinking tyrion.

Wait so the next season is 7 episodes then we wait a year for 6 more?
GRR
M

I also am starting my first ever rewatch of the series with my partner. Who should I have in my avatar this year? I'm thinking tyrion.
Yes, seven eps this summer and then the final season will be six eps (which we assume will be next year, but no official word on timing yet).

Yeah, that's an overarching theme of the white walker threat in the series

Of course, but if that's how to read this particular visual, it's a nice shift. I wonder if it's both? Maybe Cersei is the one really trying to hang on to her power plays (that is very Cersei after all).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wonder what they're going to do with Cersei this season. Really no way for her not to get steamrolled now.

Thinking she may team up with Euron, but what does he offer? Can't imagine the show introducing the magic horn now.

Of course, but if that's how to read this particular visual, it's a nice shift. I wonder if it's both? Maybe Cersei is the one really trying to hang on to her power plays (that is very Cersei after all).
It would be pretty fitting for Cersei to be the one that refuses the real threat, hanging on to personal power at the cost of the risking the survival of the realm.
I wonder what they're going to do with Cersei this season. Really no way for her not to get steamrolled now.

Thinking she may team up with Euron, but what does he offer? Can't imagine the show introducing the magic horn now.
Yeah Cersei's moves at the end of last season are pretty short sighted, teaming with Euron seems likely, and may help delay her inevitable downfall, but it's tough to see a scenario in which she isn't doomed.

Dany

Banned
I wonder if this season is going to be a slaughter. I mean, war is coming to kings landing on all sides. Some major characters are gonna die.

I'm thinking Tyrion, Sansa and Jamie this season.

Gigglepoo

It would be pretty fitting for Cersei to be the one that refuses the real threat, hanging on to personal power at the cost of the risking the survival of the realm.

Get ready for a lot of think pieces where White Walkers = Climate Change and Cersei = A certain politician.

Out of all characters I have no idea where Jaime is going this season. If I recall correctly he seemed done with Cersei and I don't see him sticking around Kings Landing. Does he just fade away to the Rock until the story shifts there if it even does?

Bronn will end up just popping up to have a drink with Tyrion somewhere.

mantidor

Cersei/Euron will happen for sure, and some sort of alliance or truce or something with the Night King, is the only way to give Dany some sort of conflict, she has dorne, highgarden, dothraki, unsullied and three Boeing sized dragons, she's basically unstoppable.

Lothar

Banned
Nope, there just isn't that much story left to tell.

Well there is. The showrunners are just not that into it anymore. Or they're not competent enough to write stuff without GRRM, so they're just heading straight to the end.

I mean look at where all the characters are. No one can think they're close to an end point. They barely started with Jaime's arc. Same for Sansa.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
"Battle of the Bastards" and "The Door" were both nominated for a Hugo Award.

"The Winds of Winter" also received enough votes for a nomination, however, under the new nomination rules, no more than two episodes from a show can be finalists in a category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom