• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching this finally. In on the third season.

God damn was Dany terrible in season 2. She was great in s1. Hopefully she gets better.

Lannisters are the best part of this show. Tywin is a beast. Intense old man. Arya is great too.

Catherine Stark is the cause of everyone's problems.

Theon can suck ten dicks.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I've been watching this finally. In on the third season.

God damn was Dany terrible in season 2. She was great in s1. Hopefully she gets better.

Lannisters are the best part of this show. Tywin is a beast. Intense old man. Arya is great too.

Catherine Stark is the cause of everyone's problems.

Theon can suck ten dicks.
Ok I'm going to direct you to the other thread since this is the book spoiler one and obviously you haven't read them...

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1237343

My second thought is that you should stay away from these types of threads until you finish season 6.

Lothar

Banned
That thread is just as much a spoiler as this one to someone in Season 2. There's nothing left to spoil from the books. That thread shouldn't even exist.

WoTW: Some details on a big scene in Season 7(big spoilers)

WiC: Maisie Williams talked a bit about the length of Season 7

We just started Series 7. It’s going very, very well. It’s a very exciting series. I’m so looking forward to people being able to watch it. It’s gonna take a long time. But it’s so worth it. And it’s a shorter series. We only have seven episodes this time. But we’re shooting for just as long, so there’s just as much content. And you guys will not be disappointed.

WaffleTaco

I think I'm just not going to read anything about the upcoming season. Will be nice to be in the dark about the series again.

Black_Sun

That thread is just as much a spoiler as this one to someone in Season 2. There's nothing left to spoil from the books. That thread shouldn't even exist.

I don't think so. Book readers have a much better idea of where the series in general is going and I doubt they want to hear us bitch and moan about how badly they fucked up on certain characters like Stannis, Jon Snow, Tyrion , the Dornish cast and Euron.

I mean how will they feel when we tell them that book Euron has plans for godhood and is going to bind dragons to his will along with his connections to the Three Eyed Crow and Stannis is still alive outside Winterfell and either going to win and beat the Boltons or not burn Shireen

Or mention that the Three Eyed Raven is a Targ, former Hand and former Lord Commander of the NW

Or start talking about background that's not even in the show like Rhaegar trying to depose his father, becoming obsessed with prophecy, the Baratheon brothers' parents drowning in front of them and Rickard Stark's southern ambitions

I mean I do wish that they would just merge threads though. The spoilers we have will only flesh out their understanding of the series more thus far.

Black_Sun

If they cared about fleshing out the story, they would just read the books.

Well depends. Some people don't like to read and these are big books. And others don't like GRRM's writing style.

I found someone on the other thread say GRRM's first book was boringness stopped reading them but loves the show.

Lothar

Banned
I mean how will they feel when we tell them that book Euron has plans for godhood and is going to bind dragons to his will along with his connections to the Three Eyed Crow and Stannis is still alive outside Winterfell and either going to win and beat the Boltons or not burn Shireen

Or mention that the Three Eyed Raven is a Targ, former Hand and former Lord Commander of the NW

Or start talking about background that's not even in the show like Rhaegar trying to depose his father, becoming obsessed with prophecy, the Baratheon brothers' parents drowning in front of them and Rickard Stark's southern ambitions

They would say "Cool, sounds interesting." Or they should say that. I don't even remember any of that in those last two paragraphs.

On SA, where both non-readers and readers post together, the non-readers just find it amusing when we tell them we're still waiting to see who wins out of Ramsay/Stannis. They laugh at us book readers when they find how George trolled us with that non-ending 6 years ago.

Black_Sun

They would say "Cool, sounds interesting." Or they should say that. I don't even remember any of that in those last two paragraphs.

On SA, where both non-readers and readers post together, the non-readers just find it amusing when we tell them we're still waiting to see who wins out of Ramsay/Stannis. They laugh at us book readers when they find how George trolled us with that non-ending 6 years ago.

Then I fully support merging threads.

That's weird you don't remember that since that's actually in the books. But to be fair I did a re-read recently.

Brynden Rivers, one of the legitimized Great Bastards of Aegon IV, became Hand of the King and ran Westeros like an espionage ring. One hundred eyes and one. Not a good person just plain ruthless. He was a sorcerer, half-Blackwood and was an albino like Ghost. He wielded Dark Sister and had engaged in a duel with Bittersteel wielding Blackfyre where he had his eye taken out. He helped crush the Blackfyre Rebellions and was sent to the Wall when he killed one of the Blackfyre claimants at Great Council (where they were picking who would be their next king) under a peace banner so Egg could become king. He got sent to the Wall along with Aemon who volunteered for it because he didn't want people rebelling against his brother using him. Brynden became the LC and then later went missing which is how he ended up in that cave.

Aemon mentions that Rhaegar thought that he was TPTWP until he changed tracks and believed it must be his kids which is why he was naming them after Aegon the Conqueror and his siblings. The dragons has three heads. Jon was supposed be a girl and named Visenya apparently. Barristans also mentions that Rhaegar was a bookworm until he read a scroll and realized that he must be a warrior. It was probably a prophecy on TPTWP.

Barbrey Dustin mentions that Rickard Stark's maester pushed his ambitions which is why Brandon Stark was betrothed to Catelyn Tully, why Ned was Jon's ward at the Vale and why Lyanna was betrothed to the Lord of the Stormlands.

Black_Sun

So the a crap ton of plot points of the new season may have leaked.

Has anyone seen them? I have them on hand. Warning, there is some cool stuff and some really stupid things in there.

Black_Sun

Sent.

Here are the new confirmed spoilers though, guys:

Jon is in Dragonstone with Missandei, Grey Worm and Davos. Jon meets Theon in the south. Presumably Dragonstone.

Euron captures and tortures Yara or Theon but since Jon has a scene with Theon on Dragonstone it's probably Yara and he kills at least one Sand Snake

Episode 4's title is the Big Tree.

Bran has a scene with Dolorous Edd and several of the NW members.

Davos and Brienne have a scene with Daenerys in KL and the dragonpit.

Gendry is in episode 5 and he's in KL leaving it by boat with Davos and Tyrion. Goldcloaks show up to stop them and Davos tries to distract them by bribing them with crabs that are aphrodisiacs. It doesn't work and then Gendry pulls out his warhammer from the boat with the Baratheon sigil embedded on it and knocks them out from behind. Gendry is also wearing a nobleman's clothing. Signs are pointing to him being legitimized.

Someone falls from a dragon in Dorne in a battle. Sources are saying that the opposing army has someone we know there.

Arya has been spotted in Northern clothing. Clothing befitting her station.

Edmure's Tully return.

Kozak

Banned
that Gendry thing is rubbish. It seems to imply all houses will be united as they once were at some point. Jon n Gendry will be the new Ned and Robert.

WaffleTaco

So is it basically confirmed that it leaked? This is the last time I will be in this thread till the show starts up again. It has been great doing this year after year with you guys, the speculation, the theories, and all of the leaks.

Edit: Also it seems I can't unsubscribe?

Moff

So is it basically confirmed that it leaked? This is the last time I will be in this thread till the show starts up again. It has been great doing this year after year with you guys, the speculation, the theories, and all of the leaks.

Edit: Also it seems I can't unsubscribe?

you are trapped with us here forever with all the spoilers
giphy.gif

mantidor

Jesus all these leaks.

I wish they were doing fake scenes to fool the paparazzis, but given how expensive the episodes are and how little time they have I doubt it :/

Gigglepoo

Jesus all these leaks.

I wish they were doing fake scenes to fool the paparazzis, but given how expensive the episodes are and how little time they have I doubt it :/

Have any of the leaks been surprising? The ones I've seen fit in exactly what we've assumed would happen.

I reread the books again recently, and decided to give season 5 another try after stopping early on. I'll fully admit that the later half of the season is much better than the front half. All in all.

So I'm cutting through season 6 right now, and hot damn, it's great. Really glad to see certain plot threads weren't trashed completely. I actually just finshed episode 5, and it's gonna take a minute to recover from it. Enjoying it so far for sure.

Arya's storyline in S6 was a better Terminator movie than Genisys.

I don't even know where to begin on this season. I have two more episodes left, and so much has happened. They are not holding back right now. Still some minor gripes
Killing Summer and Shaggydog felt cheap(skim the budget) not that they've done much in the show anyway
and they still seemingly have no grasp on space and time inside Westeros(or simply don't care) with characters still jumping half the continent in a scene. The amount of returns this season has been the best part though. Characters may be able to teleport, but at least there's more power players back to fill up the world and continue to make it feel alive.

WaffleTaco

So I'm re-watching Game of Thrones with my girlfriend (she's never seen it), and we just watched the episode where Khal Drogo says she's going to go and win the seven kingdoms for Dany. My girlfriend then just said that season ending will be the Dothraki crossing the sea...I almost laughed when she said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom