• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Birds Star Wars coming to PS3/PSV/360/Wii/WU/3DS this October for $40

SmokyDave

This will be the best selling 3rd party title on 3DS and Wii U. Smart move.

Interesting that there's a Vita version this time around.

BigDug13

It better have first person sword play on the level of Jedi Knight, the space battle gameplay of Xwing and Tie Fighter, and also Angry Birds gameplay at that price.

The Hermit

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

eh, that WiiU price is hilarious

Tucah

you speak so well
I assume it's both games, probably comes with the portal and some of the toys too? Still lol for charging $40 for something you can buy for $2.

SirNinja

They must have lost their damn mind. They really must think we're fucking stupid.

We aren't, but it doesn't matter. We are far removed from the audience they're targeting for this thing. The people they're pushing this onto are the people who don't know the first thing about videogames - the people who realize that their friend's sister's nephew is having a birthday in two days and don't know what to get him but they like Star Wars and also they play that one game on their iWhatever about throwing birds at things so this'll be perfect!

Mark my words - this is going to sell like crazy.

What!?!?! No next gen port? Maybe they thought $60 is too much, lol.

Overdelivering value!

Well, I guess Activision isn't completely done with Vita after all. If true, this will only be the second game they've announced or released for the platform.

ElRenoRaven

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

There is simply no way in hell they'd be so stupid to charge that price. It has to be either placeholder or an error.

Angry birds is not the best selling third party game on 3DS by a wide margin. Monster Hunter 3G's sales eclipse it at 2 million+ copies sold

Per creamsugar's leaks, it was the best-selling third-party 3DS game in the US as of the end of 2012, at over 400K LTD. Who knows how that ranking looks now; perhaps he'll enlighten us tomorrow.

what a joke. aren't the games free on iOS?

i see them all the time on the app store, but never pay attention to the price.

only a moron would buy these games at these prices.

Einbroch

Banned
Angry Birds: Star Wars is a fantastic game, though. The powers are really cool and the motif is interesting. Easily the best Angry Birds game, and I don't even really like Star Wars.

angelic

Banned
So if you play it on the Wii U tablet you get the complete 69p angry birds experience, with worse resolution and touch input than an ipad 1. Take my money.

I really like AB and would definitely want it on WiiU/Gamepad.... but $50? Who the fuck decided that was appropriate?

Even if it is ABSW 1+2, that's still like $30 too much.

It would have to add significant more game content to be worth that much. I'll wait to see if it goes on sale.

Top Bottom