• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

My guess is USA orders have not opened is because they are expecting HUGE demand. Maybe they dont have a solid no on unit allocation for sellers. The classic nes mini fiasco lives on memory, so i reckon they are making sure to allocate ample stocks for the first wave of preorders, which will sellout in mins anyway lol.

I would understand that, but that's something you kinda take into account when you announce the product.

Realistically all that stuff should be ready to go.

f@luS

More than a member.
All games are the US versions, so most of the time English only.

Nintendo doesn't offer a suggested retail price in Europe. 100€ are likely to be the final price as the competition isn't selling for cheaper.

thanks. gonna keep my german one then
how much was the NES classic mini in EU?

tiijj

Sometimes living in a small country is a bonus: I'll have to compete with far less people.

But smaller country also get allocated less supply. Depending on how many people in your country who wants it, then you might be really lucky or really unlucky.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I would understand that, but that's something you kinda take into account when you announce the product.

Realistically all that stuff should be ready to go.

I wish this was realistic. I feel like supply chain is not where it should be, considering mass online purchases nowadays.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
How have I managed to post 40 times in this thread? Just talking about SNES Classics. Damn

This is my 26th post. Proud of myself really. Not even a GAF member at the moment just joining in this group waiting for the precious to be released.

I know some people say "priorities" but the collector in me enjoys the hunt almost as much as getting the item for my collection so... priorities!

I immediately had to declare war when he told me as I had C64 as my first computer and that's just how things are done.

I've also got a game like that that I've only vague memories of. Something to do with a ninja and breaking into a house... maybe. Edit: Could your game be Head over Heels? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_over_Heels_(video_game)

The NES was next which is why I was excited about the NES Classic. That thing brings back nostalgia in spades. After that I moved to Amiga so this is going to be my first ever SNES in any form. I know it sounds odd but I'm really looking forward to playing some of these classics with official Nintendo (non-virtual console) hardware and real Nintendo controllers. This things going to get used as a scalper I am not.

No it's not that game. It was a side scroller, not isometric.

I also never had SNES and have way more nostalgia for NES. After that I got a Sega Mega Drive. SNES and Wii U are the only Nintendo consoles I didn't own. Always regretted never having a SNES due to how fondly everyone talks about it. I did play some of these games late on GBA.

Is it terrible that I'm kind of enjoying this thread. It reminds me a bit of the Power Rangers stream thread during the terrible seasons, when everyone just chatted until something happened.

Namek

Neo Member
Is there proof that it's going live at 6 pm or is it just speculation?

image.php

Speculation.

Raitaro

Ordered one each from german Media Markt and Saturn. :)
Damn, didn't know that the US SNES looked completely different from the EU/Japan one? Even the controller buttons.
The US SNES is butt ugly!

Only a (short) temp ban, I hope. Should be enough to scare away others who might have thought to post a similar joke.

Can you provide links perhaps? Or did you go to a physical store? I can't seem to find it at either website via Google.

In any case: congrats!

meanspartan

When stores oversell and cancel orders in mass later, you can't really blame them.

There needs to be a clear expectation of stock set from the top all the way down to individual stores. Nintendo and/or stores need to keep consumers for these hot commodities aware of things like the 2016 only production and potential for preorders including timeframes. All of the frustration from these experiences, whether its missing a chance to order or a cancelled order, come from either a lack of communication or miscommunication.

Or just let us order and forget ffs. Let me buy one on nintendo.com, put me on a list, and send it once one is ready for me. It is 2017, why cant this happen?

So, GAF, what's the consensus? 6pm EST? Knowing my luck, I don't wanna stop refreshing and then be the one time where it actually goes up..

DataGhost

Is there proof that it's going live at 6 pm or is it just speculation?

There is no proof of any official time or when it will go online. It might never until release day, it might come out tomorrow.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted ( as rumors and fake speculation)

Namek

Neo Member
Sometimes when searching my name, especially in the top poster's list, I often mistype my name as "Naked"

Talk about awkward.

Edit: New page, with this post. Oh boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom