• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Birds Star Wars coming to PS3/PSV/360/Wii/WU/3DS this October for $40

explodet

I can see one scenario where this price is justified.

Let's say you were a caveman, recently unfrozen. You then become a successful lawyer.
You currently haven't purchased any cellular phones, and you own no consoles. And for some reason your caveman mind is drawn to these colorful images representing birds colliding with structures. You want to play this game, and your current lawyer salary allows this.

A new iPhone 4 is $300 - a new 3DS is $150. Buying a 3DS and a copy of this at $40 would save you money if and only if that's all you wanted to do - play this game.

Other than that, yeah. Hard to beat free.

FaintDeftone

Angry Birds. The worst thing to happen to gaming since Superman 64. I can't even go to the store without seeing Angry Bird trash cans or Angry Bird fruit snacks. GO AWAY!

40?!
qb4Bish.gif

Funnier to me than the Tom and Jerry gif.

Well, at least the Vita is going to get a taste of the action this time, considering its probably the best non-tablet/phone platform for it. Will sell like gangbusters, just like the first version.

WTF is up with the prices?

Also, who is paying for the license? Is it Activision or Rovio? I would expect the SW license to be rather expensive if they are going with these prices.

Mr Swine

Banned
I guess the 3DS version will outsell the Vita/Console version too if it sells as good or even better than the previous game did

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Officially official.

It's Angry Birds Star Wars 1 plus an additional 20 levels, and a new multiplayer mode. Doesn't sound like much.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIVA2o8BS_Y

6qkZTDK.png

ACTIVISION PUBLISHING, INC. AND ROVIO ENTERTAINMENT UNVEIL ANGRY BIRDSTM STAR WARS® FOR GAMING SYSTEMS

London, UK – 18th July, 2013 – May the flock be with you! Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), in conjunction with Rovio Entertainment Ltd. and Lucasfilm Ltd., today announced that the mobile gaming sensation, Angry Birds™ Star Wars®, is expected to release on gaming console systems for the first time on 29th October, 2013. Complete with new levels, features and platform-unique design elements, these new editions will be available for the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®Vita, Nintendo’s Wii™ and Wii U™ systems and Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system.

“Downloaded more than 100 million times since its release last year, Angry Birds Star Wars melds together two of the biggest names in pop-culture entertainment for an out of this galaxy gaming experience,” remarked Jami Laes, Executive Vice President of Games at Rovio Entertainment. “Angry Birds and Star Wars™ are franchises with millions of fans around the world and we’re excited to partner with Activision to bring the marriage of these beloved properties to gamers everywhere this holiday season.”

Iterating on many of the engaging mechanics of Angry Birds™ and Angry Birds™ Space, Angry Birds Star Wars evolves the core game design and hilarious tone of previous entries in the series with new characters, challenges and environments that pay homage to the iconic hallmarks of the Star Wars universe. This title adds 20 never-before-seen exclusive levels – in addition to the existing 200 from the original Angry Birds Star Wars mobile game – and for the first time ever, multiplayer modes. Play alongside family members or friends in two-player co-op mode to achieve a combined high score or against them (up to four players) in competitive mode. In addition, the game delivers achievements and trophies, leaderboards, high-definition graphics (on HD-compatible systems) as well as unlockable bonus levels, items and content.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'll tell you what's truly crazy.

Activision does not put their games out on the Wii U eShop.

Oh, I forgot about this. I wonder if there will be any Wii U owner who would want a retail Angry Birds game. Like "I must have that box!".

Besides that, the $10 premium for having a touch screen is beyond crazy.

jWILL253

Banned
Anyone who buys this game at this price is a fucking Neanderthal who deserves to be sterilized.

We don't need you passing your bad spending habits onto the next generation of youth.

Seriously. YOU CAN GET THE GAME FOR FREE ON YOUR CELLPHONE. WHY IN THE SLOPPIEST OF FUCKS WOULD YOU SPEND THAT MUCH ON THIS GAME FOR CONSOLES?

SmokyDave

dave you gotta admit...that's a lotta money for something that's next to nothing on your/many people's format of choice for a long time prior

I dig that, I just don't understand why people get apoplectic over the idea that other people might actually buy it. Everyone knows what Angry Birds is, these buyers aren't going in blind. If they want to buy the game, and Rovio want to sell the game, that's all there is to it. It's not like there are a limited number of videogames allowed to release each year, it's literally hurting nobody.

I just love seeing the blind rage.

Besides dude, I thought you understood the premium value of buttons better than anyone ;)

IrishNinja

yeah, in a world where Vanquish comes with breakfast cereal & many classics are a few dollars on virtual console - while stuff like RE: raccoon city did big #'s at full retail price...i'm not gonna pretend there's a lotta logic behind pricing to begin with

Besides dude, I thought you understood the premium value of buttons better than anyone ;)

haha - you win this time, Smokey...this time

ps yeah blind franchise rage is always dumb. i remember a time when i'd talk shit about dudes who only buy madden/fifa or whatever till i made more friends that did that, bought one game and made it last like half the year...now im just jealous, heh

zoukka

I dig that, I just don't understand why people get apoplectic over the idea that other people might actually buy it. Everyone knows what Angry Birds is, these buyers aren't going in blind. If they want to buy the game, and Rovio want to sell the game, that's all there is to it. It's not like there are a limited number of videogames allowed to release each year, it's literally hurting nobody.

I just love seeing the blind rage.

So nobody should have opinions on poor products if they sell? Why can't I critique the game if I feel it's not even close in value to what they ask for it?

It's like asking 40 bucks for a rock/paper/scissors app.

Top Bottom