• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Birds Star Wars coming to PS3/PSV/360/Wii/WU/3DS this October for $40

besada

Banned
I find it bizarre that anyone would pay that much for Angry Birds, particularly since touch-based AB is the best AB. I own all of the AB games on iOS and altogether haven't paid that much -- and I get constant free updates to boot.

ikIwb8MFpbmH5.gif

Oh Activision...

Kouriozan

But I got it for free a few months ago, and it's still free right now >.<
There is surely people buying it or they wouldn't release that after the trilogy.

liquidtmd

Banned
Wii U version for $50, man I hope it supports the Wii U gamepad for off screen remote play so I can recapture that portable feel of playing it in bed on my phone to free

RM8

It's terrifying that it'll sell decently to great. But we can't get Kokuga on retail. Thanks a lot, America :mad:

jvm

Gamasutra.
I'll tell you what's truly crazy.

Activision does not put their games out on the Wii U eShop. So there is basically zero chance this is going to do anything on the Wii U. No one will want it at retail for $50, and it has no chance of being a cheaper option on the eShop until Activision changes their policy.

I'll definitely buy it
in some nightmare

The sad thing is Angry Birds Trilogy sold a lot better than most third-party games on 3DS for example, so it's going to sell at that price. :|

I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I'm probably going to get this for Vita. I got both the PS3 and 3DS versions of the first game (one as a gift, the other...I have no excuse), and they were both surprisingly well made. Not so well made they justified being wildly overpriced, mind you, but still good enough that I'm interested in this new version.

GAF even has an Angry Birds on consoles defense force.

This reminds me of:

I was browsing inside a Game Stop. I saw Angry Birds trilogy on 3DS for $30. I thought, "wow, really?" After making a selection, I went up to the counter to checkout. I wondered allowed to the cashier, "do people really pay $30 for Angry Birds?" The clerk sheepishly looked down, then told me about how he's getting the 360 version to play on Kinect with his kids. I felt bad for accidentally making fun of him. But there you go, one reason that Angry Birds sells for that much money.

I've gotten $2 of entertainment/time-killing value out of the two versions of AB I've purchased over the years... but, yeah, will never pay more than a $1. Have never come close to finishing an AB game, much less 3 starring everything.

Shauni

These games are alright. Couldn't imagine paying that much money for them, though. I'm not even sure I'd recommend them for more than $2.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Haha, who the fuck pays that kind of money for an AB game? I've played them all (except Rio) on my phone, and I've payed exactly 0 for them in total. Yeah, there are a few small ad banners here and there, but I'll take that over paying $40, thank you very much. Plus, touch is clearly how these games should be played. How do they even work on consoles? Do you just aim with the analog stick?

Plus, touch is clearly how these games should be played. How do they even work on consoles? Do you just aim with the analog stick?

The analog aiming obviously isn't as good as touch. Using the stylus for the 3DS version, though? That actually works really well. I found it a lot more precise than any other version.

PaulLFC

They're trying the "let's take the piss out of console owners with the price" move again then? I hope they sell next to no units, although that will never happen.

Top Bottom