• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tesla Model 3 - OT - The cheap one

Blastoise

Banned
By the time I eventually am able to buy one (~2019) there will be a lot more options coming around the corner.

If I was able to get one this year or early next year I would def put my money down.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Does the tablet retract into the dash when the car is off? I actually love the minimalist interior but would be worried about someone breaking into it thinking there was an iPad in it.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
This is why I didn't bite this time around. our typical road trip destinations tend to be in the 180-300 mile range (Oregon, Canada, Eastern Washington and more) and my fear is that even with the big battery, I don't have any contingency plans should I run dry, and I can only stay at places where I can feasibly charge when I get there.

Have you looked at plugshare.com and Tesla's interactive map? Tesla's map shows current and planned SuperCharger stations as well as "destination chargers" which are typically at hotels. Plugshare will show you those plus other charger types, and you can get adapters for some of them (like J1227) for Teslas.

There may already be more charging opportunities than you think.

ss1

Neo Member
If money was not a limiting factor then I would go and buy a Model S right now. The Model 3 looks good as well but is out my price range. I think the next generation Nissan Leaf is going to be a car that's more likely in my price bracket and what we will be looking to buy in 3-4 years time.

Doodis

By the time I eventually am able to buy one (~2019) there will be a lot more options coming around the corner.
By 2019, you'll also have the Model Y (smaller/cheaper crossover) to choose from.

Debut is tomorrow right? Lets get hyped.
Hype is in full effect!

EpNQv.gif

I'll buy one when super chargers become more prevalent, but I live in an apartment and I haven't seen a single super charger since I've moved to Bloomington (despite seeing a few Tesla).

GTI Guy

I'll buy one when super chargers become more prevalent, but I live in an apartment and I haven't seen a single super charger since I've moved to Bloomington (despite seeing a few Tesla).

You can take a look at their current network here.

http://www.teslarati.com/map/

There is some site that shows superchargers being built and the expected time for completion but I can't remember the site at this time.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Just FYI -- you do not have to use a SuperCharger to charge a Tesla. There are adapters for many charger standards. Check plugshare.com for a map of all types of chargers.

In fact, SuperChargers are not intended for daily charging. They're for road trips.

Pocks

Less than 6 hours til the reveal!

I wonder how soon they'll deploy a test drive fleet to showrooms. I want to see the front end in person—some of the photos make it look goofy as all get out. I'm waiting for dual motors, so hopefully the test drives are available by the end of the year.

Guys you need to reserve to watch the stream. Make sure you have a credit card with $1,000 free on it to put your deposit down now!

I might be joking but it's funny how easy the form to the left of the video makes it to spend $1,000 literally instantly.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Guys you need to reserve to watch the stream. Make sure you have a credit card with $1,000 free on it to put your deposit down now!

I might be joking but it's funny how easy the form to the left of the video makes it to spend $1,000 literally instantly.

I did it sight unseen the moment the reservations went online last year.. it really is that easy :p

Top Bottom