• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale Season 2 |OT| Something Wicked This Way Comes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yoo wife & i cant wait

giphy.gif

tumblr_ooc9uppxch1qa16vyo3_400.gif

latest

...maybe I should watch this show :eek:

7Th

Wait, Sabrina is going to be part of the Riverdale canon? I guess they're going to adapt Chilling Adventures to take place in present time?

Briarios

Either the killer is going after people for their transgressions and we don't know what Fred's is, or he's directly going after people Archie cares about and it was never about Fred. So, that's a good start that we have multiple possibilities as to what is going on.

And, Greendale ... Sabrina can't be far behind, especially with a death in her town.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
- "Beanie wearing cad" and "Snake Pliskin." Alice is a treasure
- Veronica, you bad.
- Did Jughead tell someone to lighten up lol
- They might want to check Cheryl for brain damage...
- All the redheads in town (living & dead) are on my suspect list!
- Hiram has arrived. Zaddy levels intensifying
- Yooo, Greendale shout-out and Grundy

Fun premiere, I want to see what whacky shit Cheryl gets up to.

JSevere

this was a really good premiere. Cheryl is still nuts. Jughead eating burgers in times of crisis is hilarious. They brought back Ms. Grundy just to off her so I guess the writers heard everyone's complaints about the start of season one. (that teasing Greendale though 👀) really glad Fred pulled through!

Fantastic premiere.

Cheryl! For a second I thought they'd go with her actually putting her mom in the house. Then her in the room with Fred was very uhhhhh

Jughead and Betty are doomed. Serprent Jughead will be embraced and Dark Betty will emerge hopefully soon.

Archie telling Veronica to leave his house was unintentionally hilarious at first. Guy sounded like he was tired of a clingy girlfriend.

And that shit with Grundy came out of nowhere holy shit. Killer going after people connected to Archie?

Where's scooby doo and crew to figure this one out.

so weird for grundy to die. but then again connection with archie. that just leaves his mom and his friends. maybe it was that random lone wolf in the poolhall when archie was there one night.

Exactly, that's why it's brilliant to kill her. Is the hood dude doing vigilante justice or is he going after people Archie cares about. It spreads the suspect pool a lot.

yeah but so far it's stemming from archie. but killing off grundy just throws it off. sure she fucks young high school guys but what did Fred do to deserve being shot.
where's the sheriff board when you need it.

Briarios

yeah but so far it's stemming from archie. but killing off grundy just throws it off. sure she fucks young high school guys but what did Fred do to deserve being shot.
where's the sheriff board when you need it.

We don't know that Fred did anything ... But, it's Riverdale -- something will come out this season.

Ydelnae

It was a good season start, I liked how they killed Grundy at the end since as others have said, it opes up speculation about culprit and it's also a perfect way to expand the plot to Greendale. (I imagine the gang will investigate in there and casually meet Sabrina). I also liked Cheryl more this time.

The only part where I found the writing weird was with Veronica getting naked in the shower with Archie. Girl, his father might be dying, control your thirst lol

carlsojo

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-wednesday-oct-11-2017/

Great premiere numbers! Double season 1. Sorry for bad link, I'm on mobile

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-wednesday-oct-11-2017/

Great premiere numbers! Double season 1. Sorry for bad link, I'm on mobile

We did it guys. V saves the day with her dance!

It was a good season start, I liked how they killed Grundy at the end since as others have said, it opes up speculation about culprit and it's also a perfect way to expand the plot to Greendale. (I imagine the gang will investigate in there and casually meet Sabrina). I also liked Cheryl more this time.

The only part where I found the writing weird was with Veronica getting naked in the shower with Archie. Girl, his father might be dying, control your thirst lol

hey. times like this sex can calm a person when they are stressed.

Pachimari

This was so goooooood. Great to see the gang back together. And hot damn at that Hiram Lodge introduction, so cold and collected. And boy does V have balls. Damn at that ending with Ms Grudge and super nice mention of Greendale, hope we see Sabrina sometime this season!

What's up with Fred's dreams though? Were they just dreams of are they hinting at something?

Tall4Life

I don't think I'd call what Fred was seeing as dreams but more of like coma visions where he keeps trying to live his life but the gunman fucks it up

Koomaster

Archie telling Veronica to leave his house was unintentionally hilarious at first. Guy sounded like he was tired of a clingy girlfriend
My mind went straight to the gutter when he said "I didn't ask you to come, I didn't even want to come here." xD

Also the subtle thing I picked up from this episode is that in his moment of crisis Archie called Betty from the hospital and not Veronica. Betty is the one who called everyone else after Archie called her. So yeah, that's this shows OTP based on that alone.

Korigama

"Oh great, Ms. Grundy's back, time for more of this crap again-- YOOO, holy shit! Well, never mind..."

Should be another good season.

Top Bottom