• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
That's a pre-order bonus so not in main loot pool yet.

i got a coldheart as a drop on top of the one i got for pre ordering. or will it only drop if it's activated on my account as a preorder bonus? i just assumed that it drops for everyone but if you pre order then you're guaranteed it.

Number45

I was using Ghost Primus and Merciless on Calus and that seemed to work well, especially when I got to try skull-shooting. But yeah, I don't know why your Coldheart wasn't chewing his face off. You had an excellent raid overall though.
I started with I think Nameless Midnight, Uriel's Gift and Merciless but when the numbers weren't great I switched to Coldheart and my GL (as I said, non-exotic heavy options are limited for me... any recommendation on that appreciated). I probably just need to practice - it's a shame that there's no "damage time" listed on the death screen because I wonder if a chunk of mine was that I wasn't positioning myself quickly or accurately.

Edit: wait, I'm counting up when I should be counting down. Greeny was the only person who didn't stay up late.
I was spent by the end - I'd been up for 20 hours and had to be up again at 05:30 this morning (a little over 4 hours after I went to bed). However as my D1 raid team will testify, I will NEVER be the one to throw in the towel.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Urgh...anyone up for nightfall? This guided games is taking forever to find anyone...

If it takes this long to find people on PS4 then I dread when it comes to PC. Why on earth can't they just implement proper matchmaking?

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Last night Ikora gave me the Ego Talon chest armour. God bless that woman.

Just need the helmet now, and I'll have 3 complete armour sets that I'm happy with. High Minded Complex, Simulator (FWC gear) and Ego Talon. One for each subclass. Rock on.

I've now started dismantling Legendary Mods for components as well. Banshee gave me a Solar damage Mod 3 times in a row, when all I want is a +5 Kinetic for True Prophecy :-(

Edit: Also, how did it take me this long to realise that Shotguns are awesome?! From now on, whenever I'm running a Devour Voidwalker, Hawthorne's Field-forged Shotgun will be in my Heavy slot. I will be almost unkillable, and when any of the big tough Elites get in my face, they will be down in seconds.

That gun... Damn...

Just need the helmet now, and I'll have 3 complete armour sets that I'm happy with. High Minded Complex, Simulator (FWC gear) and Ego Talon. One for each subclass. Rock on.

I've now started dismantling Legendary Mods for components as well. Banshee gave me a Solar damage Mod 3 times in a row, when all I want is a +5 Kinetic for True Prophecy :-(

Edit: Also, how did it take me this long to realise that Shotguns are awesome?! From now on, whenever I'm running a Devour Voidwalker, Hawthorne's Field-forged Shotgun will be in my Heavy slot. I will be almost unkillable, and when any of the big tough Elites get in my face, they will be down in seconds.

That gun... Damn...
I should try running my Voidlock with a shotgun.

Bold One

Neil Kaplan.

He mostly does "additional voices" in games but he's had some notable roles in Anime VA like voiceing Tobi/Madara Uchiha in Naruto Shippuden's english dub.
Thanks, he should be in more stuff, though I assume a lot of post processing went into his performance.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I should try running my Voidlock with a shotgun.

It works beautifully in the stuff that I do. Strikes, Public Events, story missions, etc...

Put a Void Mod on it and wear Nezarec's Sin for the best results!

Cronnie

i got a coldheart as a drop on top of the one i got for pre ordering. or will it only drop if it's activated on my account as a preorder bonus? i just assumed that it drops for everyone but if you pre order then you're guaranteed it.

You're correct in regards to dropping for everyone, I got the game a week after release and I still got a Coldheart from an exotic engram.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
well that nightfall was a waste of time.

what can i do between now and reset to try get a lvl 300 chest piece? that's all i need to hit 305.

Silav101

well that nightfall was a waste of time.

what can i do between now and reset to try get a lvl 300 chest piece? that's all i need to hit 305.

Your only hopes are weekly milestones, generally. Clan engrams might also help. You can hope for exotic engram drops from public events.

Greenymac

I started with I think Nameless Midnight, Uriel's Gift and Merciless but when the numbers weren't great I switched to Coldheart and my GL (as I said, non-exotic heavy options are limited for me... any recommendation on that appreciated). I probably just need to practice - it's a shame that there's no "damage time" listed on the death screen because I wonder if a chunk of mine was that I wasn't positioning myself quickly or accurately.

I was spent by the end - I'd been up for 20 hours and had to be up again at 05:30 this morning (a little over 4 hours after I went to bed). However as my D1 raid team will testify, I will NEVER be the one to throw in the towel.

Any of you guys up to try for the kill? Is this raid like D1 where we all have the check point now?

xuchu

Any of you guys up to try for the kill? Is this raid like D1 where we all have the check point now?

Yeah you'll have the Calus checkpoint, you just have to do the standards section again which shouldn't take too long.

Definitely hit Tom and Mike up and I'm sure they'll help you guys finish it up. I think it just got way too late across the pond.

Ruze789

After 137 levels with Banshee, still not Antiope-D for me, shit is ridiculous, the loot pool is not that big

Do you have the blue version to hold you over until it drops, the Sondok-C? I believe it's a guaranteed drop from the Nessus adventure Exodus Siege. I did that mission and I've been using it all the time. I don't have anywhere close to 137 levels with him but I still haven't got that Antiope drop either.

Greenymac

Yeah you'll have the Calus checkpoint, you just have to do the standards section again which shouldn't take too long.

Definitely hit Tom and Mike up and I'm sure they'll help you guys finish it up. I think it just got way too late across the pond.

Yeah I needed to go, too. I'm old. Sitting there for hours used to be nothing. Now, I just have too much IRL shit going on.

Do you have the blue version to hold you over until it drops, the Sondok-C? I believe it's a guaranteed drop from the Nessus adventure Exodus Siege. I did that mission and I've been using it all the time. I don't have anywhere close to 137 levels with him but I still haven't got that Antiope drop either.
Yep, i do have that one, it shreds, i have it at...302? with a kinetic mod, the Phillipis-B is a good option too, but...yeah, i´ve lost count of all the dupes that i sharded in the search for that gun

I've turned in six IB packages and have received zero pieces of gear. this event is hell

It took me 18 packs to get a full set on my Warlock. I’m at 19 with my Titan and I’m still missing the legs. For everything Bungie got right in D2, they really missed the mark on IB.

If only the armor didn’t look so damn good.

True, I've seen that video but why do I want to risk trick shots in PvP when I can mow people down with Uriels? It's just not good enough to warrant using up an exotic slot, it should be a rare legendary imo.

Trick shots?

Just land the grenade into a group and clean up with a Kinetic Auto Rifle

Thanks for the run last night folks. Shame we didn't manage to get Calus down.

For my part I struggled initially with ammo on that fight (this is a change I don't like - power I can understand, but struggling for primary sucks) but I found that improved when I switched out to Origin Story (from Nameless Midnight). I still can't work out how I managed to struggle so much with damage numbers on Calus though - I was running a Coldheart at 304 (which by the end I was doing as much as possible to save my ammo for this phase) and aside from the fact that I left the plate a couple of times to res and wasted a little time getting an empowering rift down I was hitting the right areas basically all the time I was firing. :/

I do lack options in the heavy slot, which liimts my options when I'm ammo constrained. Oh well, I'll get used to it! I actually really like the mechanics heavy aspect of the raid but it's a real kick in the teeth to suck so much at the DPS phase when I was consistently top with my D1 group for KF and WotM. I miss my snipers! :'(

To be honest, Other than the relative ease of aim, I'm not into Coldheart for Calus DPS. It's good on skulls but eats through ammo fast. I had a significant DPS increase by using my Origin Story on Calus. So swapped out Coldheart with Uriel's Gift. If you don't have a RL with Cluster, go with a Fusion Rifle in the Power slot and use it on the closest pads.

Thanks, he should be in more stuff, though I assume a lot of post processing went into his performance.

He's in a ton of stuff. Usually not main roles though. Which typically speaks to a VA's flexibility.

How does it compare to Uriel's Gift or Origin Story?

Less range. It does work in medium range though.

Ruze789

Yep, i do have that one, it shreds, i have it at...302? with a kinetic mod, the Phillipis-B is a good option too, but...yeah, i´ve lost count of all the dupes that i sharded in the search for that gun

Mine's still pretty low, I think it dropped at 280 for me. It is a great gun, makes me want the real thing even more.

Cornbread78

Yes and yes. I'll have some time in the weekend. :) I want to kill this sucking fucker.
How does it compare to Uriel's Gift or Origin Story?
Gauntlet,

I was watching you guys via stream and laughing my a$$ off. You have a Brit and an Irishman leading some other Brits, then you have Greeny from the deep south. Some of the side comments were just funny as hell.

I'm glad you guys had a good time of it, even though it can be as frustrating as hell, especially at the Gauntlets.

I've only run it a few times, but I've always had the best luck with the below set-ups:

Kinetic:
Mida or Origin Story

Energy:
Last Perdition or Sunshot

Power:
Curtain Call or Curtain Call (Sword for fun during Castellum)

Number45

To be honest, Other than the relative ease of aim, I'm not into Coldheart for Calus DPS. It's good on skulls but eats through ammo fast. I had a significant DPS increase by using my Origin Story on Calus. So swapped out Coldheart with Uriel's Gift. If you don't have a RL with Cluster, go with a Fusion Rifle in the Power slot and use it on the closest pads.
If I can realistically use Origin Story and Uriel's Gift I have heavy free for Merciless, I'll give that a try.

I've only run it a few times, but I've always had the best luck with the below set-ups:

Kinetic:
Mida or Origin Story

Energy:
Last Perdition or Sunshot

Power:
Curtain Call or Curtain Call (Sword for fun during Castellum)
I've settled for Origin Story in primary, but this fucking game won't give me Curtain Call (the RL is perhaps the only piece of raid gear I actually care about, so congratulations to whoever got that last night. Didn't cry at all!).

-data-

Prison of Elders info has hit the D2 database. Not definitive proof that it's making a return, but it seems sketchy.

In the DestinyActivictyTypeDefinition section of the DB, the missing name has now been added, details below:

DestinyActivictyTypeDefinition as of 26/09/2017 Line 15 - {"displayProperties":{"icon":"/img/misc/missing_icon_d2.png","hasIcon":false},"hash":73015004,"index":18,"redacted":false}
DestinyActivictyTypeDefinition as of 12/10/2017 Line 15 - {"displayProperties":{"name":"Prison of Elders","icon":"/common/destiny2_content/icons/379421028a0209ae0e28122ec8e33454.png","hasIcon":true},"hash":680256650,"index":8,"redacted":false}
Destiny 2 PoE Icon Placeholder https://www.bungie.net/common/destiny2_content/icons/379421028a0209ae0e28122ec8e33454.png

Floody

Second week in a row I already have all the Xur offerings.
Hopefully Bungie give him some non-exotic stuff to sell, I'm just collecting Legendary Shards at this point.

Greenymac

If I can realistically use Origin Story and Uriel's Gift I have heavy free for Merciless, I'll give that a try.

I've settled for Origin Story in primary, but this fucking game won't give me Curtain Call (the RL is perhaps the only piece of raid gear I actually care about, so congratulations to whoever got that last night. Didn't cry at all!).

I got Curtain Call from nightfall this past Tuesday. During Calus I was running Origin Story, Mini Tool, and Merciless, but I just didn't have enough heavy left. In D1, I had an endless supply of Heavy Ammo Stock. I see Bungie killed that lol.

_Legacy_

The most annoying thing about playing IB solo is when it takes 5 minutes to find a game and puts you on a losing team with the game nearly over.

Can’t they change the search parameters to put players in fresh games only?

Silav101

I got Sins of the Past as a drop yesterday evening when we cleared the doggie garden (I already have a Curtain Call aayyy), so I'm pretty set in the Power Weapon section.

I am really partial to Origin Story as my primary, but it felt filthy to run 2 auto rifles (Uriel's Gift in EW slot), not gonna lie. :D

The most annoying thing about playing IB solo is when it takes 5 minutes to find a game and puts you on a losing team with the game nearly over.

Can't they change the search parameters to put players in fresh games only?
This should be a toggle, to be fair.

I got Curtain Call from nightfall this past Tuesday. During Calus I was running Origin Story, Mini Tool, and Merciless, but I just didn't have enough heavy left. In D1, I had an endless supply of Heavy Ammo Stock. I see Bungie killed that lol.

Might want to swap out the Mini-Tool for something with better range? The drop-off on its damage due to range is pretty ferocious, and it means you have no choice but to be mid- to close-range on elites with shields.

That gun... Damn...
I’m missing th Ego Talon class item to have a full set.

i decided that Ego Talon will be my Solar mod Armor set.
Exodus Black Nesus set as Void mod, and my full IO set as Arc mod.

Greenymac

I got Sins of the Past as a drop yesterday evening when we cleared the doggie garden (I already have a Curtain Call aayyy), so I'm pretty set in the Power Weapon section.

I am really partial to Origin Story as my primary, but it felt filthy to run 2 auto rifles (Uriel's Gift in EW slot), not gonna lie. :D

This should be a toggle, to be fair.

Might want to swap out the Mini-Tool for something with better range? The drop-off on its damage due to range is pretty ferocious, and it means you have no choice but to be mid- to close-range on elites with shields.

Yeah I know that, but my secondary slot except for exotics is shit! I was really swapping between origin story and Merciless. Was only using the mini on adds when necessary. Im not an auto rifle guy, I prefer hand cannons, scout and pulse rifles.

Still quite underwhelmed with the rewards so far. All I got was a chest piece with lower light than the chest I was already running....

LiK

Can’t they change the search parameters to put players in fresh games only?

Too much work. Just shove you into any match with a spot.

Number45

Yeah I know that, but my secondary slot except for exotics is shit! I was really swapping between origin story and Merciless. Was only using the mini on adds when necessary. Im not an auto rifle guy, I prefer hand cannons, scout and pulse rifles.

Still quite underwhelmed with the rewards so far. All I got was a chest piece with lower light than the chest I was already running....
I at least got the pulse at 300 (and I got a 300 engram too, which was a surprise. Yet another Uriel's Gift though...). In D1 I was HC/scout/sniper almost exclusively but in D2 I really like the AR's.

It took me 18 packs to get a full set on my Warlock. I’m at 19 with my Titan and I’m still missing the legs. For everything Bungie got right in D2, they really missed the mark on IB.

If only the armor didn’t look so damn good.

What do you get for turning in 10 packages to get the milestone?

Top Bottom