• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

But the IB weapons aren’t fun or interesting. I find those weapons I listed more fun to use.

If you’re basing gun reviews on YTers like nKuch keep in mind they can make any shitty gun look amazing.

I tried it and didn’t like it. Main Ingredient is still the best fusion IMHO.

I disagree

I think its just like with MIDA where large numbers of the community just attach to what was found first and what the popular word of mouth guns are

When in truth there are a bunch of viable options in each class

But the IB weapons aren’t fun or interesting. I find those weapons I listed more fun to use.

If you’re basing gun reviews on YTers like nKuch keep in mind they can make any shitty gun look amazing.

I've had good success with the IB AR and SMG. Going to try the scout this weekend. I've also done well with the Mini-tool.

What I'm finding is that many times how a gun performs depends on playstyle, map, and engagement range.

But more than anything else, you'll always perform well using the guns you like. As long as you're having fun with it, it won't matter much.

I've had good success with the IB AR and SMG. Going to try the scout this weekend. I've also done well with the Mini-tool.

What I'm finding is that many times how a gun performs depends on playstyle, map, and engagement range.

But more than anything else, you'll always perform well using the guns you like. As long as you're having fun with it, it won't matter much.

Exactly but people just force themselves into a corner with the most popular guns cuz whatever

Zereta

I remember when IB weapons were the only weapons you could re-roll. I think that was a great way to differentiate IB.

Ding ding ding.

I agree. Bringing back random rolls and limited loot pools for event items is a great way to keep me playing the event and making receiving dupes feel fun.

Mindlog

Prison of Elders? Returning content?
7NAXu3l.gif

ch4fx_

This isn't necessarily a D2 problem as these changes were implemented into ROI, but I really miss the "old banner", where EVERYONE on your friends list was rocking banner emblems & shaders. To me, that week FELT like banner, it felt "special" because everyone was involved & you could see that reflected through your roster.

Banner hasn't been anything close to perfect, but I'm still enjoying trains with the homies just as I did in D1.

Theorry

Pretty crazy that i mostly only use exotics on my characters that are all legs that give more mobility. Guess i miss the mobility from D1 and shows that alot of others exotics arent really that special.

The SMG is an energy and thus not competing with Antiope/Adjuticator for a slot, and again you most likely won't be running both, so it's more competing with Red Mamba/Black Adder/Out of Options and then your kinetic is open for whatever; it also has High-Caliber Rounds which none of the above do including Antiope.

Red Mamba has HCR. Less impact at the same RoF as Hero's Burden though.

But also you spelt Bad Juju wrong.

I miss LMGs more than Juju as much as I used it extensively through the first several months of TTK.

ch4fx_

whats the fastest way to get to 300 from 265?

You'll have "weekly milestones" to complete, which consist of --

- Running the Nightfall
- Completing the raid
- Complete a trials card
- Complete your weekly Flashpoint mission (this is just X amount of public events on a random planet, changes weekly)
- Contributing X amount of weekly clan XP (can't remember the exact amount, but it isn't an insane amount)

You can check your milestones by pulling up your map & holding L2, they will pop up on the right side of the screen. Reset is each week on Tuesday -- depending on your timezone.

Exotic engrams that drop will help increase your PL. If you haven't already completed the planetary exotic quests -- look into those. Each planet has a quest (marked with a blue crown) that will eventually lead to an exotic.

I'm typing this on my phone so I definitely missed something, but focus on your milestones & getting clan rewards.

EDIT - at 280 you get access to +5 legendary mods. Applying them to your gear boosts their level by 5. Don't think too much into this in the beginning, just put whatever mods you can into whatever gear you can to boost your PL. Worry about applying the correct mods when your max level. Keep in mind primary weapon mods are FUCKING rare, so make sure you like the gun you use them on.

Sandoval

whats the fastest way to get to 300 from 265?

Are we talking fastest for you or fastest as we experience time as a whole?

If you mean fastest as in taking up the least amount of your time, it comes down to doing your weekly milestones for 'powerful gear' until you hit 280 and then it's a question of jamming any legendary mod into any spot where it will fit for a quick boost to 285. After that it's just rinse and repeat until 305 over the course of a few weeks.

If you have infinite personal time, get to 20, do your quests that give decent items, transfer your items to a mule of a different class, delete your old character, create a new one, pop a fireteam medallion, grind public events to 20 using some low level exotics that you picked up from your last go-through, equip your best gear once you hit 20 and run through the story mode, complete the end of story quests and get the items from them and get your weekly 'powerful gear' engrams completed again. Repeat until 305 or you want to quit the game because the story was fun the first time and absolutely miserable the 6th. At least that used to work... I can't confirm at this point.

Prison of Elders? Returning content?
7NAXu3l.gif

The success of a returning PoE mode will depend on how it's structured, how fun the boss battles are, and if they can come up with a final boss encounter as good as Skolas. In it's initial form it allowed for some the purest Destiny gameplay you could find combining the traditional great gunplay, character abilities, and raid-lite gameplay mechanics.

I'm definitely up for it returning as the more modes/activities to do per week the better.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
24 packages and still no Titan Arms...
There should be possible drops at the end of packages and we should be able to buy things directly from Saladin for tokens after reaching a certain rank.

20 mother fucking iron banner packages and I still haven't got my chest piece :(

I'm at 20 without the legs/boots. At this point I'll do the daily challenges on all three characters (still have two more to do today) which will produce at least four engrams but other than that I won't be bothered for simply a cosmetic thing.

The success of a returning PoE mode will depend on how it's structured, how fun the boss battles are, and if they can come up with a final boss encounter as good as Skolas. In it's initial form it allowed for some the purest Destiny gameplay you could find combining the traditional great gunplay, character abilities, and raid-lite gameplay mechanics.

I'm definitely up for it returning as the more modes/activities to do per week the better.

I hope the armor and weapons models return and aren't reskins of existing D2 items. Sure it's more returning D1 stuff but they looked nice.

24 packages and still no Titan Arms...
There should be possible drops at the end of packages and we should be able to buy things directly from Saladin for tokens after reaching a certain rank.

Not only should they bring back post game IB drops (make it in addition to the post game crucible drops now) but also they should keep the random chance at a 2nd drop from the engram but have it be IB stuff and not non IB stuff.

Kyne

I'm at 20 without the legs/boots. At this point I'll do the daily challenges on all three characters (still have two more to do today) which will produce at least four engrams but other than that I won't be bothered for simply a cosmetic thing.

that's kind of where I'm at as well..

all my friends are slowing quitting/losing interest. I always told myself that if I didn't have them to play with I wouldn't play myself. It looks like that's where this is headed :(

that's kind of where I'm at as well..

all my friends are slowing quitting/losing interest. I always told myself that if I didn't have them to play with I wouldn't play myself. It looks like that's where this is headed :(

It's even better when you realize that it's the same stuff for IB rewards until the first IB in the first expansion. You get what you want now, why bother with November IB?

Matticers

I miss being able to buy a few pieces of IB gear or weapons when you hit the max rank, which I guess would be equivalent to trading in 200 tokens in D2. Also miss the random drops after each match. So this IB sucks in comparison. In a bunch of games and after trading 140 tokens or whatever it is, I've gotten 3 sidearms, 1 pulse rifle and a helmet across two characters. Yeah, this is lame. Let us purchase some gear with tokens if you're going to make us use tokens for everything.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, my frustration with IB / PvP in general is reaching a breaking point.

Putting Shores of Time back into the game exactly as it was in D1 during a Control Iron Banner is completely inexcusable. Being on the A side of the map is a death trap and getting the spawns to flip when playing with randoms / anyone who does not know that is near impossible. The map had this same issue in D1 and that it wasn't looked at is bizarre.

Secondly, matchmaking is a complete and total mess. I was just in a match on the above map, paired with three randoms and two Fireteams of two, with the two Fireteams of two getting put on the same team vs. me and the three randoms. That is just crap matchmaking.

Thirdly, spawns are worse than they have ever been in any Destiny PvP content. In the above match, I respawned in the middle of two teammates, and while I was in the respawn animation, I saw an enemy Titan fly in right in front of me, pop the Hammer Time super, and throw a Hammer at me right before I could even control my character. Spawns like this happen at minimum twice a game now for me and that is completely and utterly unacceptable.

Get you shit together Bungie....

I disagree

I think its just like with MIDA where large numbers of the community just attach to what was found first and what the popular word of mouth guns are

When in truth there are a bunch of viable options in each class

Trials aside, I'm starting to see a lot less MIDA usage lately. Totally anecdotal but compared to the first few weeks it seems like people using this against me has been halved.

I hope the armor and weapons models return and aren't reskins of existing D2 items. Sure it's more returning D1 stuff but they looked nice.

I'm not expecting any of it to be the same from Destiny, I'm expecting an all new Prison of Elders mode with new encounters and rewards if it returns. Nothing rehashed.

Theorry

Ok, my frustration with IB / PvP in general is reaching a breaking point.

Putting Shores of Time back into the game exactly as it was in D1 during a Control Iron Banner is completely inexcusable. Being on the A side of the map is a death trap and getting the spawns to flip when playing with randoms / anyone who does not know that is near impossible. The map had this same issue in D1 and that it wasn't looked at is bizarre.

Secondly, matchmaking is a complete and total mess. I was just in a match on the above map, paired with three randoms and two Fireteams of two, with the two Fireteams of two getting put on the same team vs. me and the three randoms. That is just crap matchmaking.

Thirdly, spawns are worse than they have ever been in any Destiny PvP content. In the above match, I respawned in the middle of two teammates, and while I was in the respawn animation, I saw an enemy Titan fly in right in front of me, pop the Hammer Time super, and throw a Hammer at me right before I could even control my character. Spawns like this happen at minimum twice a game now for me and that is completely and utterly unacceptable.

Get you shit together Bungie....

Just cant believe the spawns. I mean they were not great in D1 and for some reason they made it even worse in D2 and that is even with 4vs4 instead of 6vs6. This IB i have been spawn killed more then in whole Destiny 1.

The logic isnt there. You know A flag on Dead Cliffs? On the right there is that little courtyard thing with the pillar and it keeps spawning you there when B flag people have line of sight on you. And the crazy thing is. Behind A flag there is a big ass room with two entries complety away from line of sight and they dont use that as spawn. I mean..

border

Is it the general consensus that Recovery is the stat you want to stack up? Most of the YouTube videos I looked at conclude that Mobility is nearly useless and Resilience is only useful up to +4 or +5.

LiK

I still need some mobility for PVP. It really helps in 1v1 fights. I lowered it and ended up losing more fights. But yea, Recovery is the stat you want the most.

I'm not expecting any of it to be the same from Destiny, I'm expecting an all new Prison of Elders mode with new encounters and rewards if it returns. Nothing rehashed.

Ok yes that would be way better. However, if the choice is D1 stolen pride or better devils with house of judgement sigil on it, I'd rather the D1 stolen pride.

Is it the general consensus that Recovery is the stat you want to stack up? Most of the YouTube videos I looked at conclude that Mobility is nearly useless and Resilience is only useful up to +4 or +5.

Yes. Though high mobility is situational in PvP due to a strafing being a technique.

You're setting the bar way too high for Bungie lol

Considering they refused to bring PoE up to Light Level in Year 2 or Year 3 I don't see them suddenly bringing the exact same PoE (encounters and all ending with the Skolas one) over to Destiny 2.

Is it sad that I would accept it if that's all they did considering I'm starving for some "new" stuff to do relating to end-game?

Destiny has sorely missed an end-game activity built for 3-man Fireteams (outside of Nightfalls). I would love a new iteration of PoE.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
the fusion is likely the best in the game, I don't have it yet but at least on paper.

Seriously?! Better than Merciless, Tarantula, Main Ingredient...?

Dammit.

I don't want to spend one minute on PvP in this game, but I love me a good Fusion Rifle.

Oh well. Them's the breaks.

Top Bottom