• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 |OT| Dark Forces Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the episode was just ok. I was expecting a lot more. It didnt really feel like a season premiere, but felt like an episode that would be in the middle as filler. I think i let places like Collider Jedi Council get my expectations too high

Sayers

Pretty good start to the season. Ezra is getting pretty savage. Killing the power to the station and then just telling that officer he better get moving, damn dude. Good to see Rex get some screen time too.

And Hondo was great as always. "I'm a wanted man you know. Very popular."

Shy

Finally watched it.

It was a good season opener.
Pretty good start to the season. Ezra is getting pretty savage. Killing the power to the station and then just telling that officer he better get moving, damn dude. Good to see Rex get some screen time too.
Yeah.

Wonder if they're going to have go further, or this was the lesson for him to reign himself in.
And Hondo was great as always. "I'm a wanted man you know. Very popular."
Another successful adventure. 😆

kyser73

Can't wait to see this. Trailer was great, and the season finale was one of the best pieces of 'star wars' ever, especially the final fight with Vader.

Given its cheap looking & shaky start this show has really grown on me, and it looks like S3 will be where it really takes off.

Shy

Next episode spoilers:
Seems like the next episode will be about the merging of the holocrons. Maul is also back.
Fuck yeah baby.

I think it's silly they brought him back from the dead after EP1.
Even though i really like him in the season 2 finale

Nairume

Banned
But...why would you complain about that? That's like the first time the show has felt like it's building toward anything.
It was just clunky in how they presented it.

I don't even have mind them saying
"We're sending these to Admiral Dodanna"
since, yeah, building towards things is cool and all, but the extra bit of
"I have a feeling these are meant for much more important purposes"
was a bit too on the nose.

Geist-

I'm utterly blown away by that episode. It has pretty much blown away my expectations. And after s2 I had some high expectations.

But, for a kids/teen show, they really don't think anything of killing people do they? I mean, Stormtroopers are human too, damn. Seeing those guys jump off the station to their deaths because they didn't want to get killed by the walker was really depressing.

ryseing

I'm utterly blown away by that episode. It has pretty much blown away my expectations. And after s2 I had some high expectations.

But, for a kids/teen show, they really don't think anything of killing people do they? I mean, Stormtroopers are human too, damn. Seeing those guys jump off the station to their deaths because they didn't want to get killed by the walker was really depressing.

I had the exact opposite problem with the show for a long time so it's good to hear they've gone in the other direction.

Geist-

I had the exact opposite problem with the show for a long time so it's good to hear they've gone in the other direction.
I'm actually like when they don't shy away from death. But I also want them to acknowledge it. But I guess as long as they're wearing helmets they can kill as many as they want.

I'm actually like when they don't shy away from death. But I also want them to acknowledge it. But I guess as long as they're wearing helmets they can kill as many as they want.

They did acknowledge the death of the pig guy this episode so they are aware of the death around them.

jackal27

Banned
Man, that was such an excellent start to the season. I feel like this show finally has its groove down and now gets to play around with it.

I love the shot towards to beginning where Ezra straight murders a stormtrooper and the camera lingers on him and his (Han Solo's?) blaster. This ain't your dad's stun-gun Ezra.

Great episode, but I find it a little silly that Kanan had to bump into the holocron to find it. You'd think Kanan would sense something so saturated in the dark side.

Hopefully the Bendu continues to be a major player this season, it'd be a waste otherwise.

Ezra killing a dozen troopers in the first five minutes was really well done in showing the effects of the holocron.

Thrawn has a really good voice. He didn't do much, but made a very powerful first impression.

And I think this is the first time Hondo ever took off his hat. Hopefully the last time too, he looked super weird. :p

I really enjoy it when we get to see neutral force entities. The characters are like Bombadil levels of cool. I wish the movies did more of that.

Really enjoyed the premiere loving the darker vibe this season seems to have with Ezra using the sith holocron and his use of force becoming more sinister.

Sou Da

Great episode, but I find it a little silly that Kanan had to bump into the holocron to find it. You'd think Kanan would sense something so saturated in the dark side.

Hopefully the Bendu continues to be a major player this season, it'd be a waste otherwise.

Ezra killing a dozen troopers in the first five minutes was really well done in showing the effects of the holocron.

Thrawn has a really good voice. He didn't do much, but made a very powerful first impression.

And I think this is the first time Hondo ever took off his hat. Hopefully the last time too, he looked super weird. :p

The whole point was that he also secluding himself from the Force by cutting himself off from everyone else.

Sayers

I think the point was that in his depression and seclusion he had lost touch with the Force.

I hope they don't turn him towards the light side. Especially at this point of the universe there's no freaking Jedi, and as long as he's using the dark side for his friends and goals then it'd be great.

If they have to teach kids at the end that the light side is always the proper path then fuck that .

Gravidee

I hope they don't turn him towards the light side. Especially at this point of the universe there's no freaking Jedi, and as long as he's using the dark side for his friends and goals then it'd be great.

If they have to teach kids at the end that the light side is always the proper path then fuck that .

Based on the introduction of the Bendu and some comments from interviews, it's possible that a middle, grey path exists for Kanan and Ezra to follow.

Aside from Evil Ezra, the Bendu stuff and pissed Rex this was just an ok episode for me. It pales in comparison the S2's intro. Thrawn seems cool though.

Episode summaries for the next few released:

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/09/star-wars-rebels-episode-descriptions-unveiled.html

The Holocrons of Fate: When Maul takes the crew of the Ghost hostage, Ezra and Kanan must pass a trial in order to recover an ancient Sith artifact to save them. (Airs October 1.)

The Antilles Extraction: Sabine goes undercover as a cadet in the Empire’s elite flight academy to help free several young pilots who want to defect to the rebellion. (Airs October 8.)

Hera’s Heroes: Hera’s rebel supply mission to Ryloth becomes personal when she and the Ghost crew brave overwhelming Imperial forces to recover a memento from her ancestral home. (Airs October 15.)

Shy

That Ugnaught's death was ridiculous, all to avoid having him just get shot
Yeah, that was dumb.
I was saying the exact same thing on the last page.

I've found it's problem i've been increasingly having with the sanitisation of violence on TV and films over the last 5 to 10 years.
Based on the introduction of the Bendu and some comments from interviews, it's possible that a middle, grey path exists for Kanan and Ezra to follow.
I hope so.

I'd really like it if they made both Kanan and Ezra grey Jedi. (Force users)

Shy

You shall walk the Grey Side Ezra

Once you do you will only have neutral opinions
kMmKsQ0.gif

iosefe

>Kanan and Ezra follow the path of the Bendu
>Bendu isn't a Jedi
>Kana and Ezra No longer Jedi, but followers of the Neutral Force

Last of the Jedi, Luke is

good job, Filoni

Geist-

I hope so.

I'd really like it if they made both Kanan and Ezra grey Jedi. (Force users)
How great would that be if this was a hint at what they were planning for Luke and the Jedi in the new trilogy?

I mean, apparently something went wrong in the future with Luke trying to emulate the old Jedi, and the Jedi obviously had some major problems themselves. What if this is all leading to a massive shift in thw status quo by rehecting light and dark in favor of grey.

That might be too much to hope for.

Shy

How great would that be if this was a hint at what they were planning for Luke and the Jedi in the new trilogy?

I mean, apparently something went wrong in the future with Luke trying to emulate the old Jedi, and the Jedi obviously had some major problems themselves. What if this is all leading to a massive shift in thw status quo by rehecting light and dark in favor of grey.

That might be too much to hope for.
That would be fucking dopes.

I've always wanted a more nuanced approach to the force. So i hope we get it.

Fj0823

Filoni, please get your movie deal already.

Only you can bring balance to Prequel, Sequels, Originals and EU.

You're like the Avatar of the Star Wars fandom.

-sdp

Does season two end with a cliffhanger?
I usually wait for shows to finish before watching them as I don't usually have the patience to keep up but if it wraps things up I can do season to season bungee watching.

The one thing I like about Sabine even with how much they squander her potential is that she basically comes off as a Star Wars Galaxies player character to me.
Even her armor which people complain about I could see many people having something like if that game had deeper customization tools.

It was just clunky in how they presented it.

I don't even have mind them saying
"We're sending these to Admiral Dodanna"
since, yeah, building towards things is cool and all, but the extra bit of
"I have a feeling these are meant for much more important purposes"
was a bit too on the nose.

Yeah, that last quote was pushing it but that's the writing ive come to expect from this show at this point. I wont argue that.

The whole concept though was cool, just that line sucked.

RaidenXZ

Fuck yeah baby.

I think it's silly they brought him back from the dead after EP1.
Even though i really like him in the season 2 finale

But he wasn't dead though. Didn't just fly off during the Season 2 Finale on some ship if I remember correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom