• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Mini in stock at Very UK

Why would they even want to lock the resulting threads? What is this forum for if not for this sort of thing?

Maybe they can let us have a community megathread?

I agree, what's wrong with a SNES preorder - the thread? Xbox One X has one.

The biggest gaming forum in the world isn't allowing discussion of probably the biggest news of the year
f25.gif

Am I the only person that hasn't had a problem with Very? Granted, I've only ever ordered one thing from there...

I got my PSVR from there for the first order discount and it arrived next day (didn't pay for next day delivery) even after all the stock shortages. Clearly I'm a statistical anomaly :)

What's so special about these devices? Geez, 70-80GBP for playing selected Super Nintendo games?

Sorry if I'm being an annoyance to some of you, just wow.

MilkyJoe

Am I the only person that hasn't had a problem with Very? Granted, I've only ever ordered one thing from there...

I got my PSVR from there for the first order discount and it arrived next day (didn't pay for next day delivery) even after all the stock shortages. Clearly I'm a statistical anomaly :)

I think they are more hit and miss than most, but it doesn't change the fact we know they are a legit site and they received a stock allocation, so personally I am not very worried, pardon the pun.

I'm just a bit bummed (ooooh matron) about having to open a credit account. I've got a calendar entry to have it closed after the thing arrives, though.

panda-zebra

Odd, I saw the thread, clicked the link, ordered a SNEZ mini after resetting my password and find it was supposed to be sold out 20 minutes ago. Someone must have cancelled and I fell lucky ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's 3 pre-ordered from 3 different places now, confident I'll get the 2 I need for myself and my son and one can go back, hopefully one of the more expensive ones.

At least we can be sure from the pre-orders so far, that there is once again, extremely limited supply. I'll probably miss out entirely -_-

Jimx26

I agree, what's wrong with a SNES preorder - the thread? Xbox One X has one.

The biggest gaming forum in the world isn't allowing discussion of probably the biggest news of the year
f25.gif

Because it wasn't discussion, it was an endless cycle of people losing their shit over the lack of NA pre-orders and wasn't going anywhere.

So to be clear, this thing runs off USB so I can plug into an available port on my TV( or PC monitor) and it runs off that? Because I see people talking about importing this thing, so I'm assuming 110/220 voltage isn't a concern with these units?

yeah, it can also run on a power bank

Audioboxer

Damn, missed this. Very are sharks (higher prices than everyone on average) but some of the hyperbole is blown out of control. If you buy something on the site... you'll get it. Most of the issues come from messing around with voucher codes and taking on finance.

On an unrelated note someone needs to email Amazon Germany and ask them why they are taking the piss with the RRP. Other Amazon EU branches are selling for 79.99 Euros.

Does anyone know if these things have any filters, like the Retron 5 to smooth the picture out?
The NES one had a retro filter where it added scanlines AND a murky CRT effect. Personally, I like scanlines but I don't like CRT blur. I think the hack allowed you to put scanlines on alone.

Yeah so you are just bragging about being a dick facepalm...
I don't like the scalping problems with this stuff either, but hate the hustle not the hustler. Ultimately this is on Nintendo of America and Nintendo for being so shit with stocking for demand.

joanot

I don't like the scalping problems with this stuff either, but hate the hustle not the hustler. Ultimately this is on Nintendo of America and Nintendo for being so shit with stocking for demand.

Don´t get me wrong, he can do whatever he wants to with his money and I think we all agree that the blame is on Nintendo and their shitty practices, but coming here to announce it and justifying it by saying "it happened to me, so this time im doing it to others" is a dick move.

/END/ I don't want to derail the thread.

AC!D

Ordered 8 from Smyths on Monday. Got them as soon as it went live so it should be good.

Also have a friend who works in smyths so Im pretty confident

Yeah congrats on being a complete cunt for the sake of making a few bob.

We can only hope that Nintendo will announce more stock given the NES mini debacle. I suspect that the innards of this machine will be the same as the NES mini. Perhaps that might be one reason as to why the NES mini manaufacture was ceased? Maybe there will be more of these but I doubt it.

At least I have my Super Famicom collection regardless...

MadmanUK

Managed to order one from Smyths. I might try and pick up another on the release day in the hope I could swap it for a NES mini with someone.

Top Bottom