• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Sephzilla

I think I've cooled off on this game until a few more updates/fixes roll out. Rage quitting is still too much of a problem. The game needs host migration. And I have a few other minor gripes with the game (like what's the point of having a grip break meter if it's basically impossible to break free in time).

Ganhyun

Eurogamer reported on gamers claiming the devs are abandoning the game. The Reddit user affiliated to the game had to post a statement from the CEO about them not abandoning the game.

All this fuss, and still no word on that XB1 update they promised last week. or whatever on twitter.

Eurogamer reported on gamers claiming the devs are abandoning the game. The Reddit user affiliated to the game had to post a statement from the CEO about them not abandoning the game.

All this fuss, and still no word on that XB1 update they promised last week. or whatever on twitter.

That kind of shit is so stupid. Why would people playing the game know before anyone else the game was shutting down/being abandoned.

Good thing the internet was rational as always and didn't escalate that, lol.

I was just playing as Jason with 3 others who joined my lobby, killed one of them then entered Stalk and got his friend when he tried to run out the door unaware that I was right there. Dude ragequit within a second of the kill animation beginning. Actually all 3 of them, including the one who was still alive and who I hadn't even encountered, left.

I love this game and know that most of my recent posts in this thread tend to be complaints about other players etc. but I play F13 quite a lot (and I barely play games in general nowadays, and this is the only game I really play online) and stuff like this is disheartening. On the flip side, I come across a lot of players who seem like genuinely good people and who conduct themselves accordingly, so it balances out. The "shitfolk", if you will, are probably always going to be there but at least there are lots of decent people to help make it worthwhile.

Also, I generally choose AJ as I like her stats, but fuck her VA is annoying at times. When she says "I've gotta get out of here NOW" at the start of certain games, it irritates me an extraordinary amount how fucking retarded she sounds. Mainly the word "now", where her voice goes all deep and manly. And when Jason knocks out the power and she makes a series of extremely loud whimpering noises that seem to go on for about 7 seconds. I find those elements of playing as her border on insufferable at times, but maybe I'm just an irritable motherfucker with no chill, idk. I tried playing as Deborah a couple of times recently and noticed that she was literally completely silent when a generator gets killed, which I found very refreshing. Strange considering AJ has good composure stat and Deborah not so much, it would be nice if that was reflected in the way they react to such events.

I love the campiness of other characters VA like Chad, Buggzy ("Jason's real!") etc. but I feel like those couple of aforementioned things make AJ a less appealing character to play as than she would otherwise be.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
2yhbxz121sbz.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/6pi3z1/xbox_one_patch_update/

Put the sound in low

Sephzilla

I was just playing as Jason with 3 others who joined my lobby, killed one of them then entered Stalk and got his friend when he tried to run out the door unaware that I was right there. Dude ragequit within a second of the kill animation beginning. Actually all 3 of them, including the one who was still alive and who I hadn't even encountered, left.

I still maintain that when you quit, Jason should be awarded the kill. Plus when someone quits their body stays in the game and other players will even get the "IS THAT A DEAD BODY?" jump scare

HiiiLife

That's a pessimistic post as hell lol, how come? With 30 internal teams you don't think there's a few still working on it? Or you mean the summer part is out of the question.

Yes I'm pessimistic because I play on Xbox and finally got the patch they promised over a month ago lmao. And this summer of course.

Timeout? Bad lobby?

Tried to start matchmaking with a party of 6 but once the lobby appeared 3 friends were booted. Couldn't invite them back until we all restarted the game. As for an update since that first crash we have been playing matches quickly and no crashes. Hopefully it was a fluke

My game crashed constantly before the update and it seems neither me nor my friends had any crashes since the update. They realllllllly need to work on hit detection though. It's so fucking bad.

JRW

After applying Xbox One patch I'm still being thrown into empty lobbies everytime, Is this an issue on my side? I also have it for PC and never experiance this problem.

Lol. Two matches in a row in different lobbies full of random people: I get attacked by other counsellors out of nowhere.
First one, I was AJ and had shotgun. Jason was coming near cabin, a Buggzy jumps through window and starts trying (and failing) to attack me with his baseball bat... one of the lowest damage weapons in the game. Great for stunning Jason, not so much for attacking your fellow teammates.
Swung at me 3-4 times, didn't connect once. He started attacking another person nearby - I shot him and just barely avoided killing the other counsellor in the process thankfully.
My celebration was cut short when I checked the summary seconds later and he was now Tommy, sigh.
I didn't wanna give him the satisfaction of killing me so hid for a bit then the game glitched the fuck out when I tried to get out from under the bed.
It went into this weird fixed camera angle restricting me to a corner of a room and making control of my character virtually impossible, so I left.

The 300-400 ping I get in most US lobbies can fuck me over when it comes to things like shooting, throwing knives, driving etc. so ideally I like to shoot teamkillers as they are climbing out a window as it's almost impossible to miss that way.
Though I've only missed once out of the dozen or so teamkillers I've exterminated. It was equal parts infuriating and embarrassing the one time that happened.
In the future I think I'll play Nas' Got Yourself A Gun through my headset when there's a teamkiller in the group and I've secured Gunny as I like to call him, in homage to Mark and Jez.

Next match in different lobby, someone who was playing as Vanessa started trying to attack me with her machete. I just avoided the swings and thought maybe I'll kill them later if I get a good opportunity, in the end they got seek and destroyed by Jason.
I walked up to the bed they desperately hid under seconds after trying to TK me, and dropped my firecracker next to it in an effort to attract Jason. He didn't come and get them til l a fair bit later, but was lulzy regardless.
I ended up being the sole survivor of that game without ever fighting back against that person, felt good. Would have probably killed them next match but they left lobby before it began.

I actually have more fun in these random lobbies full of mediocre people to play with when some moron is running around trying to fuck with me (or other counsellors).
I don't know if it has anything to do with me being at like level 95 or some shit due to my unrelenting addiction to the game, but it seems more common for random shitfolk to attack me as of late.

I love this game.

Voorhees

Just an FYI for the X1 players

A) The Patch is out

B) Apparently Savini Jason is free on the store, get that shit quick before they revoke it.

I saw someone post that they'd trade a PSN card for a Savini Jason code, and it prompted me to look them up on ebay.

To my disbelief, there have been codes selling on there for upwards of $300. I'd like to be able to play as him but man, that is beyond absurd.

Also, this is my 300th post. Maybe this means I'll finally not be a junior member anymore, three months shy of it being five years since I registered? :p

I saw someone post that they'd trade a PSN card for a Savini Jason code, and it prompted me to look them up on ebay.

To my disbelief, there have been codes selling on there for upwards of $300. I'd like to be able to play as him but man, that is beyond absurd.

Also, this is my 300th post. Maybe this means I'll finally not be a junior member anymore, three months shy of it being five years since I registered? :p

As of right now it says Junior, but best of luck! I hit regular member in a little under two months if it makes you feel any better, haha ;)

ryan13ts

I bet they made it free intentionally, probably a base minimum "We're sorry we put out a broken game for your system and didn't get it fixed for almost 2 months" type of thing.

That "if" it's fixed of course. Anyone got any word on if the update actually fixed anything?

SuperPac

That's fucking comedy at this point.

Not to try and excuse a blunder that's now happened on 2 platforms but doing an exclusively kickstarter backer item on console where the thing is never going on regular sale is not a common occurrence and may not have been a mess-up on Gun/Illfonic's end. Could just have been a miscommunication with the digital storefront or something misconfigured.

Not to try and excuse a blunder that's now happened on 2 platforms but doing an exclusively kickstarter backer item on console where the thing is never going on regular sale is not a common occurrence and may not have been a mess-up on Gun/Illfonic's end. Could just have been a miscommunication with the digital storefront or something misconfigured.
I feel the developers must have done something wrong for this to happen twice. I wish that blizzard would blunder and release the bastion blizzcon skin on accident. Go for the hat trick and give steam a turn at Savini.

MrBlonde

Awesome. I now own the Savini Jason on a platform I don't own the game on. They really need to just release the damn thing at this point, it's getting ridiculous. They're investing time trying to keep it under wraps when they could use the time and funding it would generate to fix the damn issues the game still has.

Ganhyun

tried this out last night after updating.

First 4 attempts put me in matches by myself and no one joined.

Went to a LFG and got a match, and 1/3 of the way in I crashed to dashboard... some patch..

edit: just got the savini skin from that link. its still working.

MrBlonde

I just had my daughter check since I am at work and Savini is there, awesome!! Cant wait to try him tonight.

I really hope they don't take it back, so much bullshit for us Xbox players just leave it.

Top Bottom