• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Haven't been playing much lately, mostly because I had surgery and recovery makes me just not want to play. Anyways, I hop back on and not too much bs sprang up besides one game.

I find the phone box fuse, I look for the cabin for a bit then finally find it. I install it and call the police. I notice a car driving by, I get out of the cabin but it keeps going, whatever. I make my way to one of the cabins near the roads and wait for the cops. With about a minute left, the car comes back (I thought they left) so I get out, try to get in but they drive forward so I'm not going to bother. They drive backwards and run me over. I stopped playing for the night after that.

I now have like a solid 12 people to play with making exposure to shitty players very low. The game is a big social hour for me now. Just shooting the shit while running around with a bat. It's a good time.

I now have like a solid 12 people to play with making exposure to shitty players very low. The game is a big social hour for me now. Just shooting the shit while running around with a bat. It's a good time.
I do have to say that when you find a good lobby, the game is REALLY good.

I do find that people bitching about not being grabbed and just being hacked at is pretty dumb. Especially when it's because they have a pocket knife and think it gives them immortality or something. You're not supposed to let Jason get close to you.

ElRenoRaven

Other then the known connection issues and being put in lobbies by myself and all the other Xbox issues we have been dealing with last night was my first really unenjoyable night playing this.

My daughter was running with the gas to finish a car and Tommy Jarvis runs behind her, kills her with the shotgun and takes the gas. I never send nasty messages but I couldn't help myself. The next lobby had these two idiots, I did the boat propeller and found the gas, I had a feeling these guys were going to follow me to the boat because they were both in the house watching me get the gas. Sure enough I fill the gas they block the boat and I could not get in it and one of them kept point the gun at me like he was going to shoot. Then to top it off another game Jason had one person left to kill with like 7min left and he just kept grabbing him and not killing him, the guy kept getting lose and Jason would track him down again and do the same thing, this went on 8-10 times then finally with 10 seconds left the guy was hit by Jason so he was injured then runs into a trap by the car and dies. Worst night with this game and I don't usually get in lobbies like this, if this crap keeps happening I will be all set with this game.

I will say though I am so addicted and cant get enough and my wife loves watching me play and even suggests it some nights.

The game still has many issues and needs to be fixed and we need a new map with a totally different setting, I would love to see a Manhattan and Jason X map

Yup. That's your typical play with randoms. It's why the only time I play is when I have some friends. With even about 2 to 3 friends going into matchmaking with you it's bearable. The best is when you get a full room of friends though.

What platform are you playing on? Most of the good people I used to play with aren't really playing anymore. =(

SuperPac

Physical edition has been announced, release on Friday, October 13.

No mention of the single-player campaign here. Wondering if the sudden success and need to continue working on that has changed their plans for that mode and whether the physical version would ship with it (if they felt they had to make 10/13/17).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELPPtOWqgI

Game has sold 1.8m - more content planned as they squash bugs.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-08-01-friday-the-13th-stumbles-to-1-8m-sold

cr0w

Old Member
Physical edition has been announced, release on Friday, October 13.

No mention of the single-player campaign here. Wondering if the sudden success and need to continue working on that has changed their plans for that mode and whether the physical version would ship with it (if they felt they had to make 10/13/17).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELPPtOWqgI

Game has sold 1.8m - more content planned as they squash bugs.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-08-01-friday-the-13th-stumbles-to-1-8m-sold

They replied to someone on Facebook that single player challenge missions will be coming "soon", and there would be an update in the coming weeks. I'd expect it before the physical launch.

SuperPac

They replied to someone on Facebook that single player challenge missions will be coming "soon", and there would be an update in the coming weeks. I'd expect it before the physical launch.

Yeah. I’m patient. This game has been a real surprise for me - it’s got technical problems but it is one of the most entertaining games I’ve played in the last few years.

Moofers

I gotta decide whether to buy the PS4 disc or the Xbox One disc. I already have the game on PS4 so either I want a copy for collecting or I want access to another platform....decisions...

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Really looking forward to the single player content.

b7d5usl14ddz.png

"Our number one priority right now is stability and squashing bugs," Keltner says. "That's what all of our engineers are focusing on. We've also nearly doubled our team size to help with this issue. But our content/art teams are free to work on new content, and that's what we've been doing. Players can expect new maps, characters, Easter eggs and other great updates in the near future. I think fans are really going to enjoy what we have planned, as some of this content comes directly from player feedback/requests, while some others are surprises we've had up our sleeves for several months now."

He continues, "As the player count continued to rise, a memory leak became apparent, which was difficult to find until the build went out into the wild and hundreds of thousands of players began playing. This showed up primarily on the Xbox SKU and we shifted our efforts to finding where this leak was occurring. We released a patch recently that helps, but it's still not a 100% fix. We've brought on two other teams to help us locate the source, and our partners at Microsoft and Epic (UE4) are helping us day and night to completely fix this issue.

New method for fuck jason for the entire match

Yea they said before it's not a "story mode", but a SP mode. Calling them missions seems to indicate different SP scenarios, which is neat I think. They already mentioned one where the counselors start off not knowing about Jason... imagine players play as Jason and have to hunt them down?

Moofers

I'd really like to see some single-player content where you play as one of the counselors trying to escape Jason. I'd basically enjoy an offline with bots version of what we have now. Just something to preserve the experience after the servers inevitably shut down.

I'd really like to see some single-player content where you play as one of the counselors trying to escape Jason. I'd basically enjoy an offline with bots version of what we have now. Just something to preserve the experience after the servers inevitably shut down.

Kinda wonder if it would be difficult to create a proper AI for a Jason player. I imagine the SP being you playing as Jason since it would be easier scenario wise to program, while it would take a lot more work to make a smart enough Jason to hunt down players

Santar

I would love something like this.
I'm not into online multiplayer but if this had proper offline support it could be a great survival horror game with lots of replayability.
Scouring cabins in search of the items or maybe a weapon for defense while Jason could be anywhere would be a lot of fun.

Just have the ai Jason work a little differently than the human counterpart, maybe he can't spawn everywhere or I don't know.
I just think it would be a lot of fun if they managed to turn this into a single player experience too for those of us that enjoy that.

The other counselors could maybe take a hint from Resident Evil Outbreaks ai where you could call out to them and ask them for stuff or tell them to go or come here etc. They didn't always listen but that also makes it more realistic.

A cool idea for SP mode is to pretty much take the concept of the NES game and modernize it. Rescue kids, collect items than escape before Jason kills everyone.

I knew Jason could use combat stance + block to deflect flare gun shots and disarm traps, but I didn't know till today that it also works against firecrackers. I can't wait for the next time a counsellor uses a firecracker against my Jason then dances around in their little "safe space" under the belief that they're temporarily impervious to anything but knives.

Also, I'm still surprised on a daily basis by how low some people stoop in this game, and how petty some of these motherfuckers can be. I was in a lobby the other day and killed some guy by shifting to him, followed by a grab and Jason 2's pickaxe head twist kill. Heard the keys drop after I killed him, still relatively near car.

Forgot all about that, then in the next match as a counsellor, was at the Hodder's path house near end of game, and see a circle on minimap coming towards me at lightning speed. It's Tommy, who has no gun (because he betrayed someone else already for some other minor transgression presumably) and he starts attacking me with whatever melee weapon he had. I run away without retaliating, use med spray and jump out of the window while he keeps trying to get me. Jason grabs him and gives him the fireplace kill, he leaves as soon as it starts.

This wasn't a totally random person, it was a name I recognised from playing with people from Aus/NZ in the past. It's baffling to me that he was that salty about being killed fair and square in the previous game, that he carried over this grudge. I had to save the video of the two games and watch them back just to figure out why he did it. Salty lil bish. Similar thing happened a couple of weeks ago with another Aus player, I must have killed him as Jason in previous match, ended up in cabin with his Tommy next match and he shot me then teabagged triumphantly, then left at end of game.

When you come across good people to play with, whether they're total randoms or people you've played with before, it's like they're singlehandedly restoring your faith in humanity - even more so when there are so many cancerous shitheads/sore losers detracting from the game's playability.

Stoked to see that they're going to be adding some new content in the relatively near future. I want new maps more than anything else.

I hope they fix the combat stance invincibility. It feels like a glitch and is extremely shitty. I know it exists but won't exploit it because it just takes all the fun out of an encounter.

xviper

too many glitches, these sluts are ruining the game, they work with Jason AND use glitches

the game has too many amount of glitches, each day people discover new exploits

i was playing as Jason and i found someone hiding inside a rock outside of packanack, in the upper right side of the map, anyone knows how to do it and how to kill cheaters ?

Malalaw

I hope they fix the combat stance invincibility. It feels like a glitch and is extremely shitty. I know it exists but won't exploit it because it just takes all the fun out of an encounter.

Yeah, same. I also feel like after so many swings with a sharp object, and Jason blocking all of em that at one point he shouldnt be able to block temporarily leaving him vulnerable for a good hit.

Also, I am slowly but surely finding good players to play with and add to my friends list so eventually any form of toxicity won't be an issue. With a good group this game is amazing.

too many glitches, these sluts are ruining the game, they work with Jason AND use glitches

the game has too many amount of glitches, each day people discover new exploits

i was playing as Jason and i found someone hiding inside a rock outside of packanack, in the upper right side of the map, anyone knows how to do it and how to kill cheaters ?
Could a knife reach them?

xviper

Could a knife reach them?

nope, most of the glitches are in the water where Jason cannot reach them and are too far from land so Jason cannot kill with the knife

the only way to kill those cheaters is that if you have a counselor friend that can do the glitch and teamkill the cheater, so pretty much you have to cheat to kill the cheaters

StevieWhite

Had a distressing amount of success just... hiding last night. I'm beginning to wonder if I just should stay in closets all the time.

I accidentally stumbled upon a glitch of sorts last night, I was trying to be stealthy as AJ and was crouch walking in a cabin where there was a piano in the corner of a room. I ended up walking along the piano bench and into the corner of the room, then became stuck for the rest of the game. Another player noticed and joined me, out of curiosity I guess.

It sucked cos I couldn't do anything and was completely trapped. At least it wouldn't be a good thing to exploit for people who would glitch intentionally, because Jason could easily have fucked my shit up and slashed at me till I died, but in this case he never turned up which was unfortunate. I don't know if a grab would work or not, but I was just praying for Jason to turn up and either kill me or grab me so that I could hopefully break free.

I would have just left but it was a good group and I had good ping (my ping in US lobbies is usually 300-400 so finding Aus people to play with is my best bet for getting the most out of this game). I'd like to see some moron try and intentionally glitch into that spot only to find that they'd be completely vulnerable to attacks from both Jason and their fellow counsellors.

Any time I hide it seems like Jason immediately knows where I am

depends on who you're using..do you have any perks equipped? if your fear is high you're done.

i learned to turn on a flashlight towards the wall and fear goes down..and i so this with chad who has a fucking "1" in composure lol

I thought of a "create a counselor" feature for this game shortly after it came out, but thought of reasons that it would maybe not work so well... but at the same time, I think it would be an awesome thing to have, though I guess it could throw the balance off if you're in control of your stats.

I wouldn't want it to be Saints Row level of customising appearance, for the sake of it not getting too farcical/goofy. Not that this should be a great concern in a game where Chad's face exists.

I saw it suggested (maybe on here?) a while ago and it reminded me about it. Would be interested to see how people would assign their hypothetical created characters 35 stat points.

For example...

Composure: 4

Luck: 1

Repair: 6

Speed: 6

Stamina: 6

Stealth: 6

Strength: 6

Long live mediocrity...

Top Bottom