• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

I've found that Part 2(Hillbilly) Jason really makes this game unfun. You go around double trapping all the objectives at the start of the game and the counselors basically give up at that point.

Sephzilla

I've found that Part 2(Hillbilly) Jason really makes this game unfun. You go around double trapping all the objectives at the start of the game and the counselors basically give up at that point.

Part 2 and Part 3 Jasons, in my opinion, are the least fun to play against partially because of what you mentioned. Since they can run its harder to get away from them at the start of the game, and since Shift unlocks fairly quickly anyway there's no real guarantee you're going to be escaping from P2/P3 Jason if he finds you early game. Plus it seems like those two Jasons have faster melee attacks, and because of that a lot of people just hack people to death as them instead of going for grabs and fancy kills.

So yeah, I don't find going up against Part 2 or Part 3 Jason especially fun. The zombie Jasons are way more fun to go against.

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

Moofers

Reddit post about the upcoming patch if you don't care to give Kotaku a click.

It also goes into greater detail than the Kotaku story which is pretty much "Hey here's a link to the reddit post, you can read more there!"

Personally, I feel this is a welcome and needed change. I'm glad private matches for grown-ups can still have team-killing because the odd accident is still interesting and fun, but the general public has proven they can't handle that when playing with strangers so here we are.

Reddit post about the upcoming patch if you don't care to give Kotaku a click.

It also goes into greater detail than the Kotaku story which is pretty much "Hey here's a link to the reddit post, you can read more there!"

Personally, I feel this is a welcome and needed change. I'm glad private matches for grown-ups can still have team-killing because the odd accident is still interesting and fun, but the general public has proven they can't handle that when playing with strangers so here we are.
Looks like I'll stay in private. You should have to think about the shot when Jason has someone. It's much more entertaining.

Hesh

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Griefers will continue killing public play after this patch by grabbing important items and not using them, standing in doorways to block other counselors, working with Jason with no repercussions, and still using the car to run people over. Expecting people to play constantly recording the game so they can catch people in the act, then expecting them to cut and trim their video and send it in to Illfonic to take action, is asking too much from the vast majority of players. This is something a community manager or managers should be doing on behalf of Illfonic, preferably as employees. It's a shame that shitty people are ruining this awesome game for everyone that doesn't have 5-7 friends to play with in private matches.

Emotes and smaller maps are fine. I just hope this is a in between patch with some fixes before we get a big content map when the physical disc drops.

I just hope these smaller maps don't have the same length of escape time.

Gun Media suing a couple doxxers.
http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article165398247.html

I dislike the company, but c'mon people that's the wrong way to express your hate!

Holy fuck. What is wrong with people?

I'm in two minds about the no teamkilling thing. It'll be nice to no longer have to watch my back in case YuNgSaVaGe420 and xX.KwikskopeKing.Xx decide to bring the pain, but it added another layer of fun to the proceedings in otherwise boring lobbies when some fuckhead would start shit and you'd seek retribution.

It's happened more frequently than ever for me lately, a couple of times in the last two days I spawned right near gun so grabbed it, then some moron who is fixated on getting the gun would chase after me and start swinging at me with their shitty melee weapon till they were given the gun in a different sense than they'd hoped. I don't know what goes through some of these people's minds. It's always so obvious that they're going to try and attack me way before they start swinging. The bottom feeders who attack you so that they can take your shit or have the cabin you're in to themselves are some sad motherfuckers also. Dat scarcity mindset.

The emotes and map variations are definitely better than nothing in terms of new content. Brand new maps would be something really worth getting excited over though.

SuperPac

Where is host migration?

Also unfortunately this is going to open the door for a whole new tier of trolling; people who will take parts and run off with them.

tbh, that happens now already. I don't know that there's a good way to prevent trolling/griefing in this game - almost anything you do would chip away at the other random elements that make the game fun.

There is no way to stop trolling outside of private matches. I've been lucky to not have had to deal with trolls outside one game with a team killer going nuts on all of us.

Not sure how I feel about smaller/deadlier maps. Just sounds like it will be a heavily lopsided map variant that is not going to be fun for counselors.

Wow, Just wow....

First they started banning anyone who even tried to play outside of their own linear"bubble" and just tried stuff like "I'm Jason, kill this councilor and I let you live".

Now they are eliminating team kills completely.

Are you kidding me? Sure, just take every single possible way to have a unique, special or funny round away.
Sure with less opportunities on how to play this game, I'm sure it will not hurt the gameplay. At least the massive amount of content will compensate that right? Right?

/s

And last but not least, emotes. Yeah, F'N emotes. Just give people an actual reason and excuse now TO NOT USE MICS...

I'm so done with this game....

Sephzilla

Vote to kick would help a lot with trolls.

Also, smaller maps are the last thing this game needs. If anything it needs bigger maps

hamsjams

This is a game about a supernatural mass murderer and in the end the real monsters were the players.

The developers have made a lot of mistakes while managing this game but I can't imagine how infuriating it is to have to devote so much time and resources to dealing with these ungrateful pricks that are out to ruin the game for others. I do not envy them in this matter.

I personally hardly encountered griefers of any kind but it's been clear for awhile that the community at large has had to contort itself repeatedly to cope with their frequency and that is just absolute dogshit. Congratulations you diseased taints. I hope your trolling antics can still amuse you when you're the only ones left playing.

groansey

They should follow the Siege model of auto-kicking TKers at a certain level (3 kills), banning repeat offenders, Vote to Kick and let people toggle whether other players can see them on the map.

Removing friendly fire is a dumb, easy solution that will create lots more infuriating ways for people to troll.

The way Gun have responded to toxicity and the community in general has been consistently amateur and kneejerk. Hope they can get their shit together - I'm a big fan of the emotes. More of that sort of thing, please.

Wow, Just wow....

First they started banning anyone who even tried to play outside of their own linear"bubble" and just tried stuff like "I'm Jason, kill this councilor and I let you live".

Now they are eliminating team kills completely.

Are you kidding me? Sure, just take every single possible way to have a unique, special or funny round away.
Sure with less opportunities on how to play this game, I'm sure it will not hurt the gameplay. At least the massive amount of content will compensate that right? Right?

/s

And last but not least, emotes. Yeah, F'N emotes. Just give people an actual reason and excuse now TO NOT USE MICS...

I'm so done with this game....

They can't force ppl to use mics if they aren't already. Emotes at least will give us an option for different communication for those who refuse to use em. It's better than doing nothing which is not gonna fix the mic issue. Do you want them to put a lock on the game that forces them to plug in a mic? Yea that's not happening.

Fortunately on PC it seems majority of players use mics

Moofers

Smaller maps could be interesting. I think its only going to end up in more matches where Jason kills everyone, but I'm at least open to trying them out.

Even though Vote To Kick isn't coming, it sounds like a good counter-measure for trolls but I don't know if there's really a fool-proof solution out there. There's always going to be dickheads out there playing games. That's just the world we live in now. Its not a problem exclusive to F13, that's for sure.

I'm pretty excited about the emotes. I will continue to play with my mic, but now the no-mic players can at least have more options than blinking their flashlight at me.

They can't force ppl to use mics if they aren't already. Emotes at least will give us an option for different communication for those who refuse to use em. It's better than doing nothing which is not gonna fix the mic issue. Do you want them to put a lock on the game that forces them to plug in a mic? Yea that's not happening.

Fortunately on PC it seems majority of players use mics

No of course, they can't do that, I agree.
I can actually think of 2 or 3 very usefull emotes, let's hope they really are and not just "funny".

xviper

removing Teamkilling ?? are you fucking kidding me ?? now how the fuck do we kill cheaters who work with jason ?? or how the fuck do we kill cheaters using glitches ??

horrible idea

removing Teamkilling ?? are you fucking kidding me ?? now how the fuck do we kill cheaters who work with jason ?? or how the fuck do we kill cheaters using glitches ??

horrible idea

Or how the fuck do i sacrifice/betray my own team mate now to stay alive and get the fuck out of there like in real F'N horror movies?

This litterally ruins a big part of the game for me.

Sure, it happens rarely in movies and the opportunity for that in the game is rare too, but if I have a good opportunity, if it means him or me in a tough situation, let me fucking do things.

xviper

Or how the fuck do i sacrifice/betray my own team mate now to stay alive and get the fuck out of there like in real F'N horror movies?

This litterally ruins a big part of the game for me.

Sure, it happens rarely in movies and the opportunity for that in the game is rare too, but if I have a good opportunity, if it means him or me in a tough situation, let me fucking do things.

exactly, team killing was a huge part of the fun in the game, sometimes i hit my teammate, damage his health so that he can walk slowly so Jason can be busy with him while i run, lol, it's fun

the game is crawling with cheaters working with jason or doing a glitch, team killing is essential for the game

catspit

Is host migration in the works at least? I still have my eye on this game but Damn does it seem to have issues when reading this topic.

Is host migration in the works at least? I still have my eye on this game but Damn does it seem to have issues when reading this topic.
I mean they say it is. Seriously though, all the issues I encountered I go through again for how much fun this game has brought me.

HiiiLife

Should've just implemented a system that bans players who repeatedly offend. I'm sure they're smart enough to figure out an algorithm. Disabling team killing is stupid.

Drencrom

What the fuck, they are removing team killing?!

This is really dumb, team killing is part of the charm and drama that comes in public matches in F13. I personally don't kill people intentionally, but I do think unintentionally hurting/killing team members is part of the game now and an inherent danger if you are reckless with weapons or the car.

Why the fuck do devs always go out their way to ruin MP games to accommodate crybabies...

EDIT:

Also, now you can't even kill cheaters or people that are obviously cooperating with Jason... fucking hell....

Drencrom

Why not make it so that players that has killed 2 or 3 players gets kicked or simply can't hurt any more counselors? Removing hurting and killing people completely just limits the game further and takes away some of the strategies and shenanigans that was possible in the game that isn't necessarily trolling.

I'm saying this as someone who hates trolls and teamkillers, but I do find the teamkillling a big part of the F13 experience as it definitely adds to the fun and makes for interesting and polarizing situations were a player might kill you to get a spot in the car or someone hurting you and leaving you for Jason etc. Killing cheaters and Jason cooperators was a lot of fun and the ONLY way to tackle these cheaters too, now they will be rampant without anyone able to stop them....

Lettuce

So Demon (Miguel A. Núñez Jr.) a possible Hero character nice, though i would of picked his little brother as he outwitted Jason

Top Bottom