• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Clothing neat, but really wish they would start talking about the new game mode, assume they mean the SP which was supposedly a summer release, but still start building up hype instead of keep telling us how you guys struggled and that "stuff is coming"

any plans on improving the graphics?...gameplay seems fun but those textures and overall graphics quality are bad

Doubt it, game looks fine as is personally, I think it could use some better effects/animations on parts but overall on PC it looks pretty decent.

Just noticed the clothes improvements coming with the new patch. I'm so glad they have that coming. New clothing unlocks is great but when it's most a different shade, it seems like a unexciting thing to look forward to. I'm glad it's being improved.

Maligna

Banned
Just noticed the clothes improvements coming with the new patch. I'm so glad they have that coming. New clothing unlocks is great but when it's most a different shade, it seems like a unexciting thing to look forward to. I'm glad it's being improved.

Are they doing something with clothing besides the spring break pack?

I kept getting put in a new lobby within about 20 seconds of searching quick play after the update.

I'm in Australia and I remember reading about the tighter ping requirements for matchmaking, so I thought maybe I won't end up in US lobbies anymore as my ping would normally be 300-400 (occasionally 288ms might be about the best I could hope for).

Played a few games in the small maps with 2 friends to see what had changed etc. and noticed that the ping was initially a lot higher than usual whether I or my friend was host, but it seemed to get back to fairly normal after about 30 minutes.

Things I noticed: New intros for the small maps are cool.

Jason doesn't seem to be able to combat stance doors anymore, trying to hit a door in combat stance will have no effect. Nice if you're a counselor I guess... Frustrating for poor Jason.

Windows now need to be broken by pressing X like if you were a counselor opening one. The windows also look different.

Graphics in general looked quite different to me when I started playing in the small versions of each maps. I don't know what it is exactly but something about the game felt quite different visually. I only played one game in a regular map so far and it was very short, but it was definitely noticeable on the small maps.

As much as I prefer playing with Aus people for good ping, it's a bit worrying if I will be totally restricted from getting into overseas lobbies via quick play (and if I'm host, presumably only people with certain ping level will be able to join my game through quick play), because the Aus player base is obviously much smaller and it's rare for there to be more than 1 or 2 games happening in the largest Aus community group for the game on PS4, half the time there are none.

I'm guessing it will still be possible to join overseas lobbies through community groups, and it's not that I like all the random US lobbies with shitty ping (and often shitty people), but being restricted to the few dozen people who play the game regularly in the Aus community woud be extermely limiting and even getting a full lobby would be difficult a lot of the time.

I wasn't really playing properly with the couple of friends that joined me earlier this morning, but I imagine the small maps will be cool (and intense/chaotic) when Jason is actively pursuing you. A few little things I noticed like a boombox at one of the campfires was a nice new touch.

It's awesome the update is out, I definitely need a little time to adjust to all the changes though haha.

On PC yea seems like some improvements made especially to texture loading. Often had texture loading issues with the final cinematic, Pamela's head, and some other parts of the game would load slow, running much smoother now.

Small maps.... eh, not noticing huge change in speed of the games so far

Are they doing something with clothing besides the spring break pack?

http://f13game.com/news/clothingupdate/
F13_Menu_Counselor_ClothesUpdate06_c.jpg

renewed PSN for a month after hearing about the patch....and I can't get in to a lobby.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Game is in the worst state it's ever been from a gameplay perspective as a result of this patch, on top of PS4 matchmaking and parties being broken. I've played the game every single day since launch, but I'm going to have to put it down until all this is sorted out.

-Hitting Jason during his window/door breaking animation has a chance to do nothing to him

-Hitting Jason while somebody is grabbed has a chance to do nothing even with a baseball bat directly to his back

-Worse performance (on PC)

-Small maps having bugged objective/tree spawns

-Random invisible ramps that send the car flying through the air on Crystal Lake Small

-Jason can be hit during his stun animation, causing the characters to say their stun voice line and lose weapon durability while possibly breaking him out of his current stun (Edit: Jason can take damage and lose his mask while stunned, but even this seems to only happen randomly)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Hey all! So we're happy to announce that the build has gone live for all platforms today! You might see some time differences with each platform, but everything is starting to go out now!

The biggest draws are of course the new smaller maps that have been added. We've reduced the size of each map by around 40% which should encourage a bit faster-paced game play overall and give you guys something new/different to toy around with while we work on the already hinted at new content coming at a later date.

You might also note that Team Killing has been removed for public matches. Cars can still be used to kill, however weapons will have no effect on fellow counselors, should you be wielding a shotgun. We will continue to monitor game play overall for continued tweaks.

For those on Xbox; this is a big one. We've reduced crashing instances to almost nil at this point and are fairly confident the memory leak has been plugged. Things should be far, far more stable and with new matchmaking tweaks we believe things should be far more optimized. Keep in mind, we are still working on console dedicated servers so host-quits will still result in the game ending, however crashing to dashboard should not be experienced.

We have also added localization to the game. English, French, Italian, German, Japanese, Portuguese and Russian have all been added.

Lastly; we've done another major sweep of bugs and exploits. Rock hiding spots, collision exploits and the outside-the-map exploits that were being used by players have been plugged. You should also notice that items will not fall through the map as frequently/if ever.

As always; please continue to send all issues you encounter to www.jasonkillsbugs.com should you encounter weird/odd things or exploits being utilized by players.

PATCH NOTES

Stability

*Overall stability should be drastically improved due to a number of crash fixes and a major memory leak fix.

Parties/Invites/Matchmaking

*Disallowing party leaders to join game session invites to sessions that do not advertise (private matches). This is due to not being able to search for sessions that do not advertise, which prevents party members from following their leader into them.

*Party leaders can now follow public game invites, bringing members with them.

*Steam Matchmaking tries harder to find lower-pinging matches. PS4 matchmaking up to 6x more efficient with tighter ping requirements.

*Fixed XB1 matchmaking bugs.

*Fixed a number of issues with how the game handles Party Invites and Matchmaking; there are still a few issues out there that are rare but it is much improved.

*Fixed a number of issues on how canceling matchmaking was handled that could leave players in a state they could no longer matchmake.

*Party members now see their party leader’s matchmaking status and time.\

*Various improvements to error messaging.

Maps

*Added Small Maps for the existing maps; Packanack Small, Higgins Haven Small, and Camp Crystal Lake Small.

*Increased the density of Kill locations on all maps.

*Adjusted collision on Maps to prevent people from standing on water.

*Adjusted collision on piers to prevent cars from driving on them .

*Added a Map Icon to Campfire Kills.

*Fixed a number of kill spots that were not functioning.

*Fixed an issue with not being able to fix boat propellers based on boat positioning on the dock.

*Placed collision under piers to prevent people from swimming under them.

*Fixed a number of areas that the player could get out of the map.

*Fixed a number of areas that Counselors could get to that Jason could not.

*Added better collision around Boat Exits to prevent Jason from getting to areas he shouldn’t be in.

Gameplay

*Team Killing changes.

*Team Killing is no longer possible in Public Matches.

*Cars can still cause damage to the players if they are hit.

*Traps can still hurt and/or kill the player but there is no longer an XP penalty for the person that placed the trap in Public Matches.

*Private Matches have not changed.

*Fixed an issue where the Counselors breath wouldn’t start to recharge if the user continued to hold the button after breath was depleted.

*Fixed an issue with Fear being canceled if pulled out of a car.

*Fixed an issue with the Police Objective happening when it shouldn’t be.

*Fixed a number of issues regarding objects falling through the ground.

*Fixed an issue where Damage and Stun chance were only being calculated on the first attack.

*Jason can no longer block through traps, firecrackers, flare guns, shotguns, and the Police.

*Fixed reliability of perks that spawn items at the start of the match.

Misc Fixes

*Increased texture resolution on the XB1.

*Fixed the PhD for Murder Achievement/Trophy.

*Improved intro and outro cinematics.

*Fixed player muted states sometimes getting “lost” after level change.

*Can now unready in Private Match even when the countdown is low.

*Fixed a hitch caused by the video settings savegame after signing in or changing those settings.

*Localization added; EFIGS+J+P+R

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/6wm6e8/new_update_all_platforms_new_small_maps_tons_of/

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/6wmimx/new_intros_for_jason_tommy_jarvis_crystal_lake/

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/6wnr39/now_textures_just_say_wood/

jviggy43

We fixed the crashing problem on Xbox to almost nil.

Game crashes in less than 30 seconds into the game. Cool.

Also 40% smaller maps? Why? The maps were fine.

Sliver

Probably the most disappointed I've been in a game's post-launch support. No new content besides a shitty neon skin for Jason, plus they're ruining (imo) the gameplay by getting rid of teamkilling. Besides that it's all new clothes and "new" smaller maps. Man...

One thing I forgot to mention from playing the game earlier:

Tommy can come when there are only 2 counselors now. Pretty sure it used to be 3 minimum?

I died after my friend did, then suddenly he was back as Tommy, even though there'd be no one left to "save" at that point haha. A positive change in my eyes.

Also, I thought combat stance no longer worked on doors at all. It still does, you just have to be right up against the door (which weirdly is the opposite of what someone else said on reddit, which was that it doesn't work unless you're a good foot or so away from the door)

The "wood" textures thing made me laugh so fucking hard.

I might take a bit of a break if the game might be a bit of a mess for a while, I'd been thinking I play it too much anyway so might stop for a few days over the next week or so.

Right now it's not like I could actually play it if I wanted to anyway. I checked the big community group on PS4 about an hour ago, 100 lobbies under the now playing tab, one person in literally all of them.

Probably the most disappointed I've been in a game's post-launch support. No new content besides a shitty neon skin for Jason, plus they're ruining (imo) the gameplay by getting rid of teamkilling. Besides that it's all new clothes and "new" smaller maps. Man...
That "neon" skin has been there for awhile...
Yeah smaller maps was not the area I wanted to see them put effort into.

Pretty sure this isn't their big update. The new clothing option isn't even implemented yet.

I think I prefer team killing than seeing some smuck driving the car the entire map and helping Jason.

It's literally the first thing I am greeted to in a match when I worked to put the car together.

jviggy43

Yeah team killing needs to come back. Also the joys if this game. Get Jason's sweatshirt and the axe. Get his mask off. Everyone is begging for the person playing Tommy to help. Tommy gets in the car. Jason stops car. I'm right outside the car with everything to kill him and everyone is screaming to just get out and kill Jason. Nope. Dude just drives off. I fucking hate randoms with no mics.

Yeah team killing needs to come back. Also the joys if this game. Get Jason's sweatshirt and the axe. Get his mask off. Everyone is begging for the person playing Tommy to help. Tommy gets in the car. Jason stops car. I'm right outside the car with everything to kill him and everyone is screaming to just get out and kill Jason. Nope. Dude just drives off. I fucking hate randoms with no mics.

That actually sounds pretty funny. Pretty sure they knew what was going on despite having no mic,

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man. There's NOTHING you can do to punish counselors working with Jason now. Its so fucking annoying.

Drencrom

Man. There's NOTHING you can do to punish counselors working with Jason now. Its so fucking annoying.

Taking out teamkilling is such a lazy and stupid decision to stop teamkilling trolls. They will now instead work with Jason or take important repair equipment and not use them now unpunished. Why not just limit teamkilling to one or two players per round or something? That way people can punish trolls and trolls can't kill all the counselors.

Maligna

Banned
So with how shitty this patch has turned out to be, I'm thinking of switching over to Dead by Daylight.

How is that game compared to this one, and is there a good player base on PS4?

Risto

Banned
So with how shitty this patch has turned out to be, I'm thinking of switching over to Dead by Daylight.

I don't know about the player base on console but I got Dead by Daylight last week when I was gonna get Friday the 13th. I decided to wait on Friday the 13th and couldn't be happier. I have been having so much fun with Dead by Daylight. I highly recommend it.

Maligna

Banned
I don't know about the player base on console but I got Dead by Daylight last week when I was gonna get Friday the 13th. I decided to wait on Friday the 13th and couldn't be happier. I have been having so much fun with Dead by Daylight. I highly recommend it.

Thanks! Sounds encouraging.

Hearing bad things about this patch which is disappointing considering I was about to jump deep back into this game after a three week break.
We were living everything yesterday. To be fair I don't ever set foot in the public lobbies. Built up a nice base on this game of people to play with.

Drencrom

The fuck is up with this window break animation for Jason and having counslers invincible when they are in the window climbing animation...

Litterally no one in the F13th community asked for this change. Why are illfonic/Gun media intentionally fucking up the game by 'fixing' things that weren't broke in the first place instead of getting rid of bugs and adding more content? Host migration still isn't in ffs.

The fuck is up with this window break animation for Jason and having counslers invincible when they are in the window climbing animation...

Litterally no one in the F13th community asked for this change. Why are illfonic/Gun media intentionally fucking up the game by 'fixing' things that weren't broke in the first place instead of getting rid of bugs and adding more content? Host migration still isn't in ffs.

They said host migration is not coming

MrBlonde

Hearing bad things about this patch which is disappointing considering I was about to jump deep back into this game after a three week break.

Same bud, I took a little break because of Madden but I was getting ready to play again soon because my wife loves watching me and Halloween is around the corner so reading that the patch is making it worse when it should be better is disappointing, hopefully not the case but ill have to test it myself

MrBlonde

Don't like it and regret buying it, doesn't compare to Friday the 13th however the issues this game continues to have drives me crazy and I haven't played in a couple weeks, hoping it gets sorted out soon cause this is a good Fall game

I had a group of 5 playing last night all of us on Verizon gigabit and the host was always given to someone out of our group that had to of been using dial up. I am pretty close to the end with this game with Destiny 2 on the horizon. I cant say i didnt have fun, but its sad to see it may never reach its full potential.

Sephzilla

so the new patch broke shit again?

jesus christ.

also i still dont see the need for small map variants. if anything the maps need to be bigger

Do the smaller maps have shorter time limits? That’s the only reason I can see them being any good at all. Waiting 15 mins while someone hides in a closet gets old.

Top Bottom