• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Just had a game where I played as Jason and I somehow lost all control of him and couldn't move besides looking around with the cam and slashing in the air.... great update

Edit: Just read the post above me, wow. The fuck is going on at Gun media and illfonic? You'd expect an update that has been worked on for 2 months to at least work, instead it introduced tons of new bugs and even new intentional changes (Windows, teamkilling) that the community simply didn't ask for.
I had this happen to me before the update so it’s not new. It happened when I got stunned in combat mode iirc.

Had a game where a guy just kept running around me to attract Jason, then kept boxing me into corners and not moving so Jason would kill me. Thank you for removing team killing, in so glad I get to now spend time sitting in a corner watching someone teabag me without recourse.

Hahahahahahaha oh my god this game. I finally get a random with a mic to work with me, we get Jason's mask off, I'm tommy, he gets the sweatshirt, he stuns Jason with the sweatshirt, I use the axe and Jason goes down on his knees, game glitches out and he just gets back up. Fuck you. Fuck this piece of shit game

Or maybe you should have had the machete like you need in order to kill him.

The axe works too.
My mistake.

One thing I can't stand is the working together to kill Jason. I don't mean the counselors ganging up on him, just Jason going along with everything. I escaped in a two seater with another player and we both had to sit around watching the rest of the players screw it up for the rest of the match. Once they finally got Jason's mask off, they kept hitting him and when he went down on bus knees, another player hit him and it was all for nothing. Time ran out and it was a big waste.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
When is the single player stuff coming?

Is this better on Xbox or PS4? Considering finally jumping in...have they ironed out the kinks yet? Remember a lot of issues with it at launch.

I'm level 101 with over 250 hours put in, and I have yet to find a damn tape :(

chaosaeon

I don't know what's been going. I've been getting the "connection plug symbol" appearing on the screen and jittery rubberbanding character movement (take 5 steps forward and then jolt backwards 2 steps) in gameplay, on 100% signal strength of a 5Ghz band 60down/10up connection on a Pro. Anyone else getting laggy gameplay and connection problems on decent connections ?

Maligna

Banned
I don't know what's been going. I've been getting the "connection plug symbol" appearing on the screen and jittery rubberbanding character movement (take 5 steps forward and then jolt backwards 2 steps) in gameplay, on 100% signal strength of a 5Ghz band 60down/10up connection on a Pro. Anyone else getting laggy gameplay and connection problems on decent connections ?

Have to do with whichever player is hosting the match?

xviper

the game is ruined, completely ruined

so it wasn't enough for them to ruin the game by removing Team killing, they decided that nerfing Jason to oblivion was a good idea

now both Jason and the counselors are boring to play as

what a shame, i loved this game, it was a huge surprise for me of how good and fun it was, but now they fucked it up

chaosaeon

Have to do with whichever player is hosting the match?

I'm not sure, it happened in 98% of matches yesterday. Ping looked normal, I was just playing quickplay so probably 10+ different hosts but all with the same results. I don't know if it had anything to do with nonsense that happened on PS4 yesterday (matchmaking just refused to work at all off and on for PS4 all yesterday and there's been comments on Reddit and from the dev side). I'll have to try again today and see. But there's no reason it should be doing that. I switched and played battlefront with no connection issues at all.

so it wasn't enough for them to ruin the game by removing Team killing, they decided that nerfing Jason to oblivion was a good idea

... Wha ?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
What does the supposed single player mode entail? Can we play against bot Jason as a counselor and play against bot counselors as Jason?
Just small challenge missions where you play as Jason. Nothing grand or epic, so keep expectations in check.

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

chaosaeon

I tried to play a session before bed yesterday and it was just 1 hour of connection failures, the game's a broken piece of crap.

Did you get the connection plug symbol at the top of your screen during matches or have any rubberbanding/juddering while playing too ?

chaosaeon

Yeah, just out of curiosity I watched pings after escaping in a match. Mine stayed at 100-130, but every minute or so it would shoot up to 400-600 for about 5 seconds and then back down, causing the connection plug icon and making everything rubberband. This happens like I said, every minute or so, and you're just suddenly running in place against a wall or you appear outside the door of the house you just walked in etc. So other people have been having this ? Is there a third in here ?

xviper

I

... Wha ?

the windows and door changes are a HUGE nerf for Jason, now if they pressed X on a window, you can't hit them, and can't grab them unless VERY EARLY in animation, and because of that, when you lower their health, they go to a broken window and start killing themselves and you can't do much to stop them unless you waste a trap on them and they find a new window

and the door change, now it takes longer to break a door and when you break it, they will immediately hit you and go to another house, you can't block like before

chaosaeon

the windows and door changes are a HUGE nerf for Jason, now if they pressed X on a window, you can't hit them, and can't grab them unless VERY EARLY in animation, and because of that, when you lower their health, they go to a broken window and start killing themselves and you can't do much to stop them unless you waste a trap on them and they find a new window

and the door change, now it takes longer to break a door and when you break it, they will immediately hit you and go to another house, you can't block like before

Oh, I haven't had a chance to experience this, as I have my preference set to Jason and still get him once every 3 days anyway and that's if matchmaking even works that day (it's currently down again on PS4). I looked it up though and apparently the doors/windows might've already been hotfixed. So at least those of you who actually get a chance to Play J can find out.

xviper

Oh, I haven't had a chance to experience this, as I have my preference set to Jason and still get him once every 3 days anyway and that's if matchmaking even works that day (it's currently down again on PS4). I looked it up though and apparently the doors/windows might've already been hotfixed. So at least those of you who actually get a chance to Play J can find out.

they made the window break animation faster, but still, when a counselor press X on a window and he is mid animation, you can't hit them and can't even approach them because a hidden wall will be created that pushes you away from the window, throwing knifes is the best thing to deal with this

chaosaeon

they made the window break animation faster, but still, when a counselor press X on a window and he is mid animation, you can't hit them and can't even approach them because a hidden wall will be created that pushes you away from the window, throwing knifes is the best thing to deal with this

Yeah my knives aren't all that useful with the rubberbanding I get now, unfortunately.

Lettuce

Odd that they would go with faker Jason over Part X Jason, at least they could of had Jason transform into uber Jason when he unlock his Rage mode

Odd that they would go with faker Jason over Part X Jason, at least they could of had Jason transform into uber Jason when he unlock his Rage mode

They only have so much to work with, they are gonna probably put in every Jason they have license too.

So it is.

But theres not a lot visually different between part 3 and 4 Jason is there?

Slight differences, biggest obviously is the blood and axe wound on the head and mask of Jason. Casual observer would not see much different though outside of that. Besides visuals they likely will have a few gameplay tweaks on him and unique kills.

Part 3 Jason has a white undershirt visible, part 4 didn't have the shirt. The shirt in 4 was a bit darker too, but not sure they will keep this slight difference. Also the shirt in 4 was buttoned up, it was open in 3 as you can see his white undershirt. 4's also has a bigger head, more mongoloid shaped to it, the ear sticks out on the right side of the face more too. The head makeup/hood for 3 was not as big/lumpy. The teaser trailer shows off the awkward ear he had in 4. His shirt sleeves are longer in 4 also. One can also say 4's Jason was also more weathered/dirty looking overall.

Maligna

Banned
I've noticed way more women playing this game than any other game I've ever played. I'm glad about that, but also curious as to why.

The spawn preference is definitely bugged. I set my preference as Jason when I first got the game. Had it that way for two weeks and never spawned as Jason. Set it back to no preference or whatever the neutral option was and spawned as Jason like 3 games later. I’m actually surprised more people haven’t mentioned this.

Top Bottom