• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy real time tech demo - Luminous Studio [Up3: Survey/Screens/Video]

That looks really great in action.

Now to wait for a game that implements the engine. How long we wait is entirely up to SE, I guess.
lets say ps4/720 come out late 2013. EArliest square will release a game is late 2014 using it. That's just my guess :(

anyway watched the video twice, just amazing.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
l_4fcebcc295972kbfla.jpg

Yea I was like wait, isn't this that one guy?

jiggle

half way through and i'm wearing the biggest grin on my face :)
versus XIII just got shaded

can't be simply a tech demo if it has voice acting, can it?

I'll believe that those will be the standard visuals next gen when I see it.

Developers are barely staying afloat now, let alone having to make assets that nice.

Edit: Reminds me of the initial FFXIII trailers.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Weirdly enough, that wasn't as impressive as the shots led me to believe it'd be, and actually seems damn achievable. The character models are nuts, though.
I feel somewhat similar as I've conditioned myself to not be hyped about anything anymore. :lol

-Pyromaniac- said:
lets say ps4/720 come out late 2013. EArliest square will release a game is late 2014 using it. That's just my guess :(

anyway watched the video twice, just amazing.
It'll be used in the game that comes out after Versus. So whenever Versus comes out, then we'll probably see the fruits of this engine.

Heh.

i need a direct screenshot of the end. want that for wallpaper.

the lightning look so bad but i'm impressed with the tech and the future titles they put out... Kingdom Hearts 3? lulz.

HOLY SHIT.......If this was FFXV and Sony showed it at the press conference, heads would have exploded. Something this radical is exactly what the franchise needs. God, it's beautiful, and in english!

so would Versus.

UrbanRats

I should not expect next gen graphics to look like that, right? Because after Watch Dogs (that will probably be a shared title) and Star Wars 1313, i'm getting my hopes up, but i also remember of the doom&gloom arguments about 720 and ps4 specs.

Needs better particles and the dragon animation needed some work. Still super awesome. I'd like to know what kind of computer they were running that off of, lol.

Pranay

I should not expect next gen graphics to look like that, right? Because after Watch Dogs (that will probably be a shared title) and Star Wars 1313, i'm getting my hopes up, but i also remember of the doom&gloom arguments about 720 and ps4 specs.

That will be the next gen i feel.

Astery

looks great, but I can't help but wonder how long it will take SE to make a decent game out of it. Eidos probably can use it alright, but their Japan team? I don't know man. A single game per gen then milking the assets like FF13-2 is a possibility.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I saw a crystal. I saw (what I presume to be) an aeon. I saw beautiful graphics, and heard haunting music. I need this now.

Cartman86

Banned
No console holder wants this shit overshadowing their current projects and hardware. Especially since no doubt the specs aren't final and the graphics of something like this, UE4, and 1313 wont look exactly like they do now without loading times etc. Just look at MGS4 demo for an example of having the wrong specs or hardware. Final game still looked close enough, but was missing a little something.

Top Bottom