• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor |OT| And shame are huge parts of it

Zyrox

Man Shinobi is really fun. Feels like playing ARMS lol
Also love the cheesy Naruto run. And the taunts are fun too. 10/10 character.

Which of the two new ones should I get first? I'm a Warden player normally (but I haven't played in a while).

Centurion is largely seen as the easier class to get into. That said, while Shinobi is technically more complex, a lot of people can find decent success by spamming their unblockable kick attack since it's really safe and gives a free heavy on hit

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone is trying the shiny new characters, and here I am super excited about finally starting to learn how to play Raider

Raider is lovely. Been rocking her since day 1. Hope you have fun!

A friend and I have saved up enough for 1 DLC character, and we're thinking of rocking a double Shinobi team purely for laughs. Naruto running and all, we intend to be pretty annoying (if we can figure out how not to die too quickly).

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
You. You are a Good Person.

Seriously I've almost never seen a female Raider besides my own

Haha, no I think I just have a thing for ladies of a certain physique in games!

That said, after watching a few video guides I think it's time to drop 15k on the Kunoichi tonight. Not as pretty as Raider, but it's time I learned a more complex character.

ViviOggi

Haha, no I think I just have a thing for ladies of a certain physique in games!

That said, after watching a few video guides I think it's time to drop 15k on the Kunoichi tonight. Not as pretty as Raider, but it's time I learned a more complex character.
There's no complexity, just kick into heavy 24/7 gg no re

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
There's no complexity, just kick into heavy 24/7 gg no re

Haha! Actually, Shinobi is really opening my eyes to how fun it is to be annoying in this game. I get less mad playing as her, because I'm playing on a similar level to all the trolls out there.

Last night in duels, one guy beat me soundly with his main, and then proceeded to mirror match me with his own day 1 Shinobi. He would just spam light attacks, then do the crybaby emote when he won. It was infuriating! xD

He then switched to Conqueror and I managed to eek a game. Nothing too fancy, but I'm quite pleased with the whiff punish to close the 3rd round.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu_enkctVyI
If anyone has any pointers for a budding ninja, it would be much appreciated!

Lord Phol

I feel like I keep getting a lot of disconnect errors when the enemy is breaking. Is it just the game servers being shit or is someone actually doing something on purpose to make that happen?

I feel like I keep getting a lot of disconnect errors when the enemy is breaking. Is it just the game servers being shit or is someone actually doing something on purpose to make that happen?

Salty people leaving the match and screwing up with the connection, mainly. Especially if it keeps happening near the end of the match.

Think I may finally pick this up. What do you all suggest for platform? I own a PS4 (non-pro) and PC?

Depends on what your looking for. Playerbase or experience? The game is very clearly balanced around PC/60fps and thats where youll have the best time playing(console is 30). But if youre looking for a continually active community go PS4.

Zyrox

Centurion is also really fun. Love throwing people into walls and then doing his crazy combo. So satisfying. Also has some of the best executions in the entire game.

Really love both new characters. Ubi did a great job with them. Hopefully they don't get nerfed into the ground. I find them pretty manageable when I'm up against them.

Their taunt game is pretty good as well. Love FemShinobi's "Weeeeee". And the tantrum is also fun.

Depends on what your looking for. Playerbase or experience? The game is very clearly balanced around PC/60fps and thats where youll have the best time playing(console is 30). But if youre looking for a continually active community go PS4.

Ah so there is no playerbase on the PC? Lots of cheating/hacking? Might go the PS4 route then.

Centurion is also really fun. Love throwing people into walls and then doing his crazy combo. So satisfying. Also has some of the best executions in the entire game.

Really love both new characters. Ubi did a great job with them. Hopefully they don't get nerfed into the ground. I find them pretty manageable when I'm up against them.

Their taunt game is pretty good as well. Love FemShinobi's "Weeeeee". And the tantrum is also fun.

For now, the thinking seems to be that Centurion is a perfectly acceptable B-tier hero, while Shinobi might be due for the nerf bat.

Hard to say if that'll continue to be the case as people learn more about these characters. I recall a lot of people not realizing how powerful the Conqueror was when the game first released.

I usually don't find the Shinobi and Centurion that hard to beat so no nerf needed for now. Maybe when people learn to play them better I'll have a different opinion.

TIme will tell but overall, good job on the two new heroes.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Ah so there is no playerbase on the PC? Lots of cheating/hacking? Might go the PS4 route then.

Naw it's not bad on PC.
It's all I okay on.

Probably around a 10k player base vs a few hundred thousand on each console, but I haven't seen it really been an issue. Sometimes Brawl may take a little longer to find a match in weird hours

Takuan

I tried getting a game of dominion going last night but couldn't find any games. The server icon showed high activity, so I'm not sure why I couldn't find a match. Is that normal?

I played a few Story Mode missions and really enjoyed them. Starting to get a bit of a feel for the game, definitely prefer controller over KB+M.

Naw it's not bad on PC.
It's all I okay on.

Probably around a 10k player base vs a few hundred thousand on each console, but I haven't seen it really been an issue. Sometimes Brawl may take a little longer to find a match in weird hours
That's about the average active users for ps4 too lol

All I know is as a new player its been a bit underwhelming. Trying to play some Dominion and I do not mind playing against higher level players but when I was lvl 3 I was going against these level 19 guys with like 115 item level.

Whenever it searches for a game it always goes to all regions and all skill levels. Kinda sucks but I guess I thought the player base would be higher

Uh...how is that triggered, exactly? Just doing a guard break and then into an up light? The up light looks like it's the "crushing counter", even though nothing is countered.

You will be surprised how easy it is to do. GB without lockon and press L2 and R2 (block and heavy). People are already using this.

Stuff like this is why i laugh at people that want this to be a true fighting game. This game is so beyond broken on so many fundamental levels lol. I just play to have fun/get salty nowadays.

Say what you will of the current state of the game, but Ubisoft can be pretty committed to fixing their games to be up to scratch for competitive play.

Just went for the 3 month "Health Season".

Yeah I'm feeling a little buyers remorse here. Every game I join I keep getting disconnected from not 20-30 seconds after the match starts. Given that its taking me 3-5 minutes to find matches (probably due to my new status) and I can't say this has been the best experience.

Anyone mind adding me to their friends list? Would love to play with some other new players/experienced vets just for some duels/practice etc.

Ubi name is the same on here, LordGorchnik

you can see how many people are in-game by going to the social tab

ps4 usually hovers around 9k-11k

Huh? That wasn't patched out? I used to be able to check in game numbers via the social tab when the game first launched, but every time I check it now, it just shows how many of my friends are online

Maybe I'll come back to For Honor in a month or two. At this point I just watch streams of it. Feels bad because apart of me wants to keep playing, but there is nothing there to really retain the player and the gameplay is sullied by the current meta.

Atleast with a ranked mode I would have a leaderboard to grind towards. We probably won't see it for atleast another 2 months. That sucks :(

Inskipp

Huh? That wasn't patched out? I used to be able to check in game numbers via the social tab when the game first launched, but every time I check it now, it just shows how many of my friends are online
It was definitely patched out from the PC- version after the launch-month. I'm surprised to learn that the consoles still have that feature.

It was definitely patched out from the PC- version after the launch-month. I'm surprised to learn that the consoles still have that feature.

probably because the PC version has the least amount of players lol

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, if you're getting too many drops in 4v4 games, just cool off with some good old fashioned Brawl or Duel.

Everyone is honorable in those modes.

And even when you do get disconnects, they get replaced by a bot almost immediately (as there are less players to sync up), reducing the risk of connection errors.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
This fucking game man. Constant host migration, leaving and disconnects.

This game really wants me to pack it in.

It's better but still has a ways to go.
Hopefully after next weeks rage-quit peanlty patch it helps even more

God damn the servers are garbage tonight, just tried to play 3 games for my dailies and disconnected 4/6 times.

That's not counting the 3 times I was searching and it got me in to a game before saying it couldn't connect and reset the matchmaking process.

God damn the servers are garbage tonight, just tried to play 3 games for my dailies and disconnected 4/6 times.

That's not counting the 3 times I was searching and it got me in to a game before saying it couldn't connect and reset the matchmaking process.

I play against bots when I feel like the servers are particularly bad...

Top Bottom