• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For Honor |OT| And shame are huge parts of it

I hate what the community has turned brawl in to.

First round - I lose
Second round - I win my first fight really fast and go to the other fight, start attacking the enemy outright since it's 2v2 not 1v1 v 1v1. My teammate gets mad, spams sorry and backs off. I kill his opponent anyway even though he got revenge.
Third round - we both lose (mine's from a ledging)
Fourth round - my teammate loses immediately and his opponent comes next to my fight. It takes a while and he's standing around watching it, as soon as I start the execution animation he does a jump attack and immediately kills me.

8IClgaK.jpg

acR1xop.jpg

4mrxKuV.jpg

Finally.

Now I don't have to play that f-tier garbo class much lol

Another Warrior's Den, another round of big updates.

Community Emblem Contest: Forhonorgame.com/emblemcontest (Next week!)

Check out the Emblem editor here: https://game-forhonor.ubisoft.com/#/en-us/emblem-editor Submissions open until June 8th.

PVP Duel Event - 2000 steel reward.

New weekly content - New emotes!

New Season 3 content to look forward to, it's currently under NDA but they said it's going to be awesome.

Check out all the content from ubisoft: https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/player-activities/

When deploying war assets, make sure to deploy manually to have the most impact for your faction.

Faction war round time being changed to work around when outages/patches happen.
When you quit a match it's when you or your group enters the match and you have 30 seconds to quit. Even if the game is already in progress. Disconnects don't quit towards the penalty.

Ornaments will all adapt to your material color on your character.

Parrying mechanic is being changed. Parrying will stay in the game but they're working on changing the mechanic around it so heavies aren't so punishable.

Slight nerf to Shinobi kick next patch.

Next patch color blind mode is coming.

Rank/tournament mode coming "very soon" They'll discuss it more in the next couple weeks.

Warlord throw distance nerf and Kensei buff!

Orochi and Nobushi are still being looked at. Nothing coming next patch.

Conqueror's kit is also very limited and he's being looked at as well.

Technical test server coming out.

Thank Christ on the warlord throw nerf, absolutely silly he could throw that far with his shield push thing

At least they acknowledge conq is limited

I'll take another Kensei buff as I feel like on console he's pretty powerful in the right hands (or against bad players) and I can dominate as him so sign me up.

Id wish they'd address the homing missile like track on of some of the dlc attacks though. I love cent but have to admit the tracking/range on some of his attacks is very questionable

Ornament change is great as well, wish it's a toggle though just in case

Also interested to see how they fix parrying

Also pls pls buff the xp output of duels and brawls and add more duel and brawl contract orders ty

Thank Christ on the warlord throw nerf, absolutely silly he could throw that far with his shield push thing

At least they acknowledge conq is limited

I'll take another Kensei buff as I feel like on console he's pretty powerful in the right hands (or against bad players) and I can dominate as him so sign me up.

Id wish they'd address the homing missile like track on of some of the dlc attacks though. I love cent but have to admit the tracking/range on some of his attacks is very questionable

Ornament change is great as well, wish it's a toggle though just in case

Also interested to see how they fix parrying

Also pls pls buff the xp output of duels and brawls and add more duel and brawl contract orders ty

Centurion is interesting because he's devastating in 4v4 but kind of whatever in 1v1. I feel like they could fix both by making his tracking worse but his speed better.

Centurion is interesting because he's devastating in 4v4 but kind of whatever in 1v1. I feel like they could fix both by making his tracking worse but his speed better.
Well 4v4 has been a balance shitshow since launch so I don't really care what they do there lol

I was more talking about 1v1 situations, I just think there are times where I'm clearly out of harm's way or dodge at the perfect time and still get hit by a punch or sword strike. I don't want him nerfed to the ground either (I do love playing him after all) and do think his moveset overall will be less effective once people can counter him better but I do think they need to fix his tracking. If they buff something else while nerfing that, win win.

Tl;Dr agreed

Well 4v4 has been a balance shitshow since launch so I don't really care what they do there lol

I was more talking about 1v1 situations, I just think there are times where I'm clearly out of harm's way or dodge at the perfect time and still get hit by a punch or sword strike. I don't want him nerfed to the ground either (I do love playing him after all) and do think his moveset overall will be less effective once people can counter him better but I do think they need to fix his tracking. If they buff something else while nerfing that, win win.

Tl;Dr agreed

Yeah, exactly. The problem is that his tracking is stupid, but also the only reason he's even remotely viable right now. It's kind of like shinobi's kick. If they nerf the shin kick too much without buffing anything else, shinobi's gonna be kind of garbage because he needs a 'safe' jab. A lot of classes do. But a jab shouldn't get you a free heavy.

Personally, my changes would be:

Shinobi Kick
-No longer confirms into a heavy
-No longer has super armor
-Now confirms into a light attack
-Can now be executed off a single dodge

I think this would make it better as an initiation or coutner-tool while making it not ridiculously unpunishable.

For Centurion, I'd cut his tracking, but boost the speed of his lights and his unblockables. Make them track worse but come out faster.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I was more talking about 1v1 situations, I just think there are times where I'm clearly out of harm's way or dodge at the perfect time and still get hit by a punch or sword strike.

There have definitely been a lot of times where I, either playing as a Centurion or against one, noticed the charged jab connecting to players who seemed to have dodged out of range. Maybe my perspective was just off, but more than once I've questioned the hitbox on that attack.

There have definitely been a lot of times where I, either playing as a Centurion or against one, noticed the charged jab connecting to players who seemed to have dodged out of range. Maybe my perspective was just off, but more than once I've questioned the hitbox on that attack.
Yeah the charged jab and charged heavy are the biggest offenders imo

Had about 40 minutes free today to do my dailies, servers on consoles have been down since before I even tried to log on and they're still down now.

the game's been out for almost 4 months

Acyl

Yeah the charged jab and charged heavy are the biggest offenders imo

The charged jab and heavy will track forward quite far. If you dodge to the side you can easily avoid it. It's super punishable in this context because the cent has a recovery time after the missed charged jab and heavy. If you side-dodge either of them, you get a free guardbreak on the cent.

If the long distance forward tracking for them are intended I guess it's because cent has very short range so it helps to close in on heroes that keep distance like shinobi and nobushi.

The charged jab and heavy will track forward quite far. If you dodge to the side you can easily avoid it. It's super punishable in this context because the cent has a recovery time after the missed charged jab and heavy. If you side-dodge either of them, you get a free guardbreak on the cent.

If the long distance forward tracking for them are intended I guess it's because cent has very short range so it helps to close in on heroes that keep distance like shinobi and nobushi.

I've side dodged perfectly and still gotten hit before.

Kalentan

Decided to hop on for the first time in a while and fought a Centurion in what I could only describe as one of the worst matches I've ever played.

What a dumb fucking character. Really considering uninstalling rather than having to play against him.

An endless spam of guard breaks and unblockables that drains all of your stamina so you can do nothing but watch as he kills you.

Decided to hop on for the first time in a while and fought a Centurion in what I could only describe as one of the worst matches I've ever played.

What a dumb fucking character. Really considering uninstalling rather than having to play against him.

An endless spam of guard breaks and unblockables that drains all of your stamina so you can do nothing but watch as he kills you.

I haven't played in a while but last time I did, the long range of my Nobushi usually is enough to keep a Centurion away and I, most of the time, have no trouble with them.

The list of Centurion broken shit. Some items alone are OP but together they are Optimus Prime. Note I don't even talk about his broken feats:
- The only hero that gets 2 (YES TWO) free heavies off a light parry. Oh and in between you lose stamina.
- The only hero that gets 2 free heavies from a wall splat. Again you lose stamina as well.
- The only hero (besides Shinobi) that has TWO unblockable vortex that eats your stamina and gives 1 free light (not sure on this, Valkyrie maybe as well?)
- The abovementioned not only kills your stamina but make you dizzy
- The only hero who can TWO unblockable moves that kick/punch you off the ledge
- The only hero that can do a Vortex AFTER getting blocked even though parrying his attacks is trickier than other heroes (fast attacks plus chargeable etc)
- Has the fastest heavies (his second top heavy lmao wow)
- Has a 50/50 (dash kick or dash GB)
- Has a tracking unblockables
- Has a tracking vortex (2 actually)
- Has a tracking jumping Heavy oh and it has hyper armor
- Can cancel heavies into GB (u serious Ubi)
- Free heavy off GB (Raider am cry)
- Seemingly infinite stamina
- Has a triple combo move to eat your stamina
- Can GB you after a light for wall splat

-Deimos

Yeah, his stunlock is pretty insane.

Arttemis

The list of Centurion broken shit. Some items alone are OP but together they are Optimus Prime. Note I don't even talk about his broken feats:
- The only hero that gets 2 (YES TWO) free heavies off a light parry. Oh and in between you lose stamina.
- The only hero that gets 2 free heavies from a wall splat. Again you lose stamina as well.
- The only hero (besides Shinobi) that has TWO unblockable vortex that eats your stamina and gives 1 free light (not sure on this, Valkyrie maybe as well?)
- The abovementioned not only kills your stamina but make you dizzy
- The only hero who can TWO unblockable moves that kick/punch you off the ledge
- The only hero that can do a Vortex AFTER getting blocked even though parrying his attacks is trickier than other heroes (fast attacks plus chargeable etc)
- Has the fastest heavies (his second top heavy lmao wow)
- Has a 50/50 (dash kick or dash GB)
- Has a tracking unblockables
- Has a tracking vortex (2 actually)
- Has a tracking jumping Heavy oh and it has hyper armor
- Can cancel heavies into GB (u serious Ubi)
- Free heavy off GB (Raider am cry)
- Seemingly infinite stamina
- Has a triple combo move to eat your stamina
- Can GB you after a light for wall splat

Increase the cost of his chained attacks by a sizable amount, remove much of his tracking, and slow down the his punch by 125 miliseconds.

Laiza

I'd say I'm disappointed by the lack of balance changes in this patch, but, well, I kind of know what to expect from this team at this point.

At least they changed up the orders and added more neutral colors to the attacker/defender sides. Maybe I will finally have a defender color set I actually like? One can only hope...

Marvel

could never
Trying out PK, she seems fun. I'm cutting through everyone like butter.

Even better than my Warden and Cent. Lawbringer was great but I tire of the lack of speed now.

Cat Party

That's a beefy patch. I don't play it much any more, but I played recently and guys were abusing revenge gain so badly it was stupid. This should improve that part of the game.

Not Drake

I know these questions might be a little annoying, but how's the game on PS4 right now? Is the community alive? How's the online code? I remember people dropping a lot of criticism on that. Was there any single player content added thus far? I can get Gold Edition for around 32 euros compared to 30 for a basic one and I'm thinking about pulling a trigger. Thanks.

Dynasty

I know these questions might be a little annoying, but how's the game on PS4 right now? Is the community alive? How's the online code? I remember people dropping a lot of criticism on that. Was there any single player content added thus far? I can get Gold Edition for around 32 euros compared to 30 for a basic one and I'm thinking about pulling a trigger. Thanks.

Dont buy it.

-Deimos

Buy it.

Can't speak for ps4 but PC community is doing fine. Dedicated servers would have been great and the syncing can be a little annoying sometimes but otherwise it's fine.

The notes for the next update (1.09) are now out. Slated to be released on July 13 for all platforms, but the devs did mention that if testing went smoothly PC may get the update a week earlier.

The notes themselves are lengthy, so here's the link: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1696317-Patch-notes-(v1-09)

No mention of Centurion nerf or broken stuff like zone flicker, Conq feint with all block (same with Warlord), unlock techs.

No adjustment to the turtle meta. I have been complaining about this from the get go:
- Add more chip damage for heavy attacks. People are fucking terrified throwing heavies. Hell some characters (assassins for example only spam lights) because throwing a heavy will result in a parry -> GB -> confirmed heavy (except Raider). At the moment throwing heavies will get you fucked more often than get you hits. Hell throwing heavies against Conq is suicide, while light parry is also a confirmed heavy. Conq is simply trash TBH.
- Remove guaranteed GB from all characters when parrying a heavy. This in combination with the above point will encourage people to actually attck with heavies instead of turtling. The added chip damage and stamina cost is enough incentive to parry heavies.
- Remove health regen. Why is this a thing? So many times a turtle like Conqueror and Warlord will go SUPER NINJA TURTLE on low health and wait on health regen.

I swear add these three points and it will have a big impact on the turtle meta. If Ubisoft wants to keep the turtle meta then I'm pretty much done with the game and no way in hell will I buy part 2 (if it's made).

Keasar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAWzcBL-wns

I imagine this video will resonate with a lot of people. Hopefully the game experiences a resurgence like R6, but I'm not holding my breath.

Seems about right.

I stopped playing a few months ago, can't remember when the last time I booted the game up. While I never dabbled into the serious competitive part of the game, the huge amount of balance issues, connection issues, slow development to fix things just frustrated the hell out of me. I hated the gear which everyone built to Revenge builds, I hated how some of the characters I liked was awful (Kensei) while others was just oh-dear-god-OP (Warlord), I hated how some characters became just one move repeated because that is all they had, I hated how the dev team reacted to balancing like a switch and just turned things on or off completely instead of maybe dialling things to tune them better.

I was hoping as well that looking at R6, Ubisoft would demand the For Honor devs to take note and start doing the same. That never came in the end and I am frustrated that For Honor is probably completely dead to me until I hear of some miraculous turn in the development team ala-Yoshida-takes-over-Final-Fantasy-XIV-development, the chances for that however is low, very very very very very low. Probably because unlike R6, For Honor was a new IP Ubisoft can just toss aside and say "Eh, people were never interested in this."

Probably because unlike R6, For Honor was a new IP Ubisoft can just toss aside and say "Eh, people were never interested in this."

Which would be very weird as For Honor has sold insanely well. It's the second best-selling game of 2017, you'd expect them to support it better.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Poor Scott Jund. Dude put more than 2k of his own money to bolster the competitive scene by giving huge prizes. It's all for naught now as few of the top players still play the game

well they just announced their tournament series today, so must be enough top players still playing. and if not this will likely bring people back.

announce: http://blog.ubi.com/honor-hero-series-duel-tournament-starts-summer/
ESL sign up site: http://en.pro.eslgaming.com/forhonor/heroseries/

Memory

I love this game, i rarley play PVP, mainly PVE with online randoms or just with bots.

Its worth a shot at 32 Euros, once you get a hang of the rules and controls the battles are exhilarating.

Inskipp

well they just announced their tournament series today, so must be enough top players still playing. and if not this will likely bring people back.

announce: http://blog.ubi.com/honor-hero-series-duel-tournament-starts-summer/
ESL sign up site: http://en.pro.eslgaming.com/forhonor/heroseries/
Interesting tidbit at the end there :
Interested players will soon be able to get a sneak peek at ranked mode with a second public test sessions for Duel Tournaments, which will also include changes to the defensive meta, on July 27
Kind of a weird note to make at the end of the announcement, I feel like this would merit a blog post of its own. Hopefully they will divulge more of the specifics towards the end of the month.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
So did anyone compete today? How'd you do?
I missed my bracket - oops - traveling, but I saw a lot of activity (more than usual anyway) and watched sypher and iskys for a bit. KR lost first round

So did anyone compete today? How'd you do?
I missed my bracket - oops - traveling, but I saw a lot of activity (more than usual anyway) and watched sypher and iskys for a bit. KR lost first round

Not surprised about KR. He has played the game for 5 hours in the last 3 weeks. Sypher has only played like 15 or so hours too

Arttemis

This is still in my top 2. It was above Rocket League for a few months, though since the new RL season, it's dropped back down to second favorite game to play.

Do we know when season three is starting?

There was 4 or 5 weeks off-season between S1 and S2. I bet the same will happen before S3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F0Ca61eaZs

Oh my god these new emotes are amazing

Yeah, the devs said there's no guarantee they're going to be made official. Take that with a grain of 'we can't confirm nor deny this yet'.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
There was 4 or 5 weeks off-season between S1 and S2. I bet the same will happen before S3.

Was it really that long? I thought it had only lasted about two weeks. Hmm. Hopefully their "pre-season 3" balance changes arrive sooner than later.

Sypher made it to LA. He had to go through Skys, JarlJordan, Barace, and Zac.G to do it. Such a crazy path to victory, but he eeked out the last qualifying spot.

In other news, Raider should have stayed banned for the series. He's just broken right now.

In other news, Raider should have stayed banned for the series. He's just broken right now.

Pfft! The Raider is broken right now? He was at the bottom of the bottom before, and I guess subsequent buffs and nerfs to other classes have made the Raider broken? I haven't played this in a long ass time, so I wouldn't know.

That makes me chuckle, regardless.

Top Bottom