• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Oh hey!

3rd-icon-18.png

Much as I like the Olivier jokes, he's not as much a factor in this game, so it'd be a bit misleading to use a variation on More Olivier for the OT. FC on PC didn't even get an OT tagline! Just choose something that's fun and fits the game, since anyone dipping into the OT for a glance will infer how far into the series this story is.

What? Olivert is my favorite :(

Can't wait for the to announce Zero and Azure's release in the west!

preta

Claiming the Ein Selnate icon for launch!

Same.

The site's pretty spiffy, but there's a couple of odd typos (Adios' Children, "She has Joshua have been...") and whoever pens the description paragraphs needs to phrase sentences better.

"Dominions" too (the plural should just be Dominion).

Thoraxes

That 3rd site is freakin' amazing. Just everything about it is great.

Also this is good:
titadxys6.png

I can't stop listening to Cold Steel 2's soundtrack and I haven't played the game. Help.

The ripples of my writeup can be felt even now, haha. (Go play it and also enjoy the music; it's awesome).

SC: 4th
tower

Thank FUCK they're not forcing me to use
Tita
. Was beginning to worry that having to go into those dungeons with gimped DPS due to forced low-tier party members was going to be a pattern.

Now to get back to DPS-Nuking everything in sight with Estelle/
Joshua
/Agate/Kloe. HARD DEEPS BABY.

Young Magus

We back with 3rd OT topic discussions?Reposting the list:

Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| THIS IS THE DUNGEON CRAWLIN ONE.

Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| Like FES: The Answer but good.

Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| Lore no Kiseki

Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| You want more Oliver you got it

Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| 3rd times the (Oliver) Charm

Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| Cry for Steam

This website :
Tita Russell
A young and exceptionally talented engineer from Zeiss and a professional handler of redheaded bracers.

Agate Crosner
A senior bracer for the Bracer Guild known as the Heavy Blade. Or he was, but now people just know him as that guy a certain adorable engineer has wrapped around her finger.

Ah ah ah ah ah

i'm dead.

My other favorite was the Olivier/Mueller ones, lol

JUST SAY THEY'RE BOYFRIENDS, JEEZE
They already did this for the Ys VI site (Adol and Dogi) and got some flack for that.

Reposting my OT ideas:

Trails in the Sky 3rd |OT| Slick priest, hungry nun, phantasmal prison for friend & foe
Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| More Olivier? Oh Goddess, Have Mercy...
Trails in the Sky the 3rd |OT| And they're descending, the stairway, to Gehenna
First one might not fit the character length, argh

jb1234

Are Olivier/Mueller actually a couple? I've only played FC and I can definitely see how their interactions could be interpreted as such.

Thoraxes

Are Olivier/Mueller actually a couple? I've only played FC and I can definitely see how their interactions could be interpreted as such.

I just look at them like blood brothers or even like family to each other. Like at first it was just the normal Vander family stuff, but then they basically became best bros for life after being together so long. I'm definitely interested in seeing what they're up to in CS3 after the events of CS2, since that should shake some things up in terms of those dynamics.

It wouldn't bother me either way, really, if anything else was the case. I think their relationship is cool and I like their dynamic.

Olivier just loves love, baby.
They already did this for the Ys VI site (Adol and Dogi) and got some flack for that.
Huh, didn't know that.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Mueller/Olivier always seemed to be an "exasperated friendship," where they've been stationed together for so long that they have a mutual bond with one another, but can't stand each other's personalities at the same time. Like two forces drawn to opposing poles that are forced to be in the same room with each other all the time.

They're the perfect "frenemies," haha. I wouldn't doubt they'd help each other at the drop of a hat, but they also irritate the hell out of each other.

vkrili

Mueller needs Olivier.

He's a character that can only exist in that dynamic, he's dreadfully dull otherwise. So yeah have them bang or whatever keeps them together.

Nyoro SF

GalGun no Kiseki ? Or something like that ?

Trails of Cold Hearts. A gripping tale that starts off with Olivier dropping his handkerchief around campus, while Mueller picks it up to prevent shenanigans. Mueller then locks Olivier in his dorm room... see, it writes itself.

Not even the worst typo pertaining to the series.

There was a fan-translation (That never quite got off the ground, mind) in the 2000's that romanized Aidios as, uh... Eidos. And I think the subs of that one shitty OVA used the spelling Eidos as well.

Also, who was it at Falcom that rejected their humanity when developing Chapter
?

Jesus christ this difficulty spike. I'm down my two best DPSes BECAUSE REASONS, and just after I was getting used to not having my party selection railroaded.

preta

There was a fan-translation (That never quite got off the ground, mind) in the 2000's that romanized Aidios as, uh... Eidos. And I think the subs of that one shitty OVA used the spelling Eidos as well.

Also, who was it at Falcom that rejected their humanity when developing Chapter
?

Jesus christ this difficulty spike. I'm down my two best DPSes BECAUSE REASONS, and just after I was getting used to not having my party selection railroaded.

Eidos is actually accurate, and Falcom's own romanization - XSEED only changed it to Aidios because they weren't allowed to use Eidos for copyright reasons.

vkrili

Eidos is the actual romanization of Aidios in Japanese. Other than being a greek word for "form" or "essence", Eidos Interactive is a company. So the official localization renamed her Aidios, which is also a greek word, "eternal". So it worked out, thankfully.

I really liked what they forced you to do in that chapter. You really felt the weight on what happened in the world.

Nah, it's not the gameplay change tripping me up, not the core of it.

It's being down my two DPS-nuke characters BECAUSE REASONS.

I'm tempted to field Tank-Tita (Works better than you'd think despite her HP) for the hell of it, but ehhhh...

Now, y'know what a real bitch of a gameplay change would be?
Making the passive stat buffs of Quartz not work.
Uh, unless that's going on too and I've not noticed yet.

Speaking of Ch
, the guild clerks mentioned things in the settlements. Am I missing any significant chunks of content by not checking things out there? And if so, any particular time-limit I should watch out for before they expire?

I mean, I've been focusing solely on the Extermination quests the boards have given me, but damn son, if there's BP to be gotten, I'mma get it.

Psxphile

Speaking of Ch
, the guild clerks mentioned things in the settlements. Am I missing any significant chunks of content by not checking things out there? And if so, any particular time-limit I should watch out for before they expire?

I mean, I've been focusing solely on the Extermination quests the boards have given me, but damn son, if there's BP to be gotten, I'mma get it.

This Steam thread goes over a fair chunk of it, plus other minutia. In short:
except for Grancel, every region of Liberl has a hidden quest to partake in that will earn you BP.
Also, there's a point of no return once you've made all your deliveries:
Grancel (and well, all of Liberl actually) will no longer be explorable in that chapter so get it out of the way early before delivering the final ZFG.

Pellaidh

Neo Member
So, with the 3rd coming out soon, I was hoping those of you in here who have already played it it Japanese could give me some advice about what difficulty to play it on.

For reference, I played SC on hard and actually found that difficulty level pretty good (with the exception of
the very beginning and the very end, and the fights that don't require you to win to progress
, which were vastly more difficult than anything else in the game). That said, the impression I get from reading around is that the 3rd is supposed to be even harder than SC, so if the difficulty jump is as big as it was from FC to SC, I'm not sure if playing it on hard will be enjoyable, particularly if there are big difficulty jumps in the middle of the game (since I assume lowering the difficulty halfway through still isn't possible).

So basically, how difficult is the 3rd on hard compared to SC (or alternatively, would those who played SC on hard recommend doing the same for the 3rd)? Does it have big difficulty spikes or boss fights that are significantly harder then the rest so that I could find myself stuck halfway through the game? Also, if it is noticeably harder than SC, is it harder in the sense that it requires more strategy, or is it just more grindy (one of the things I appreciated about SC was that the level/exp scaling made grinding pretty much unnecessary/impossible).

MKIL65

I haven't played The 3rd, but it's most likely more difficult than the past 2 games.

Falcom probably assumes that you're already familiar with all the mechanics in FC and SC, therefore, battles are more than likely gonna be harder from the get-go.

But, don't quote me on that.

preta

I haven't played The 3rd, but it's most likely more difficult than the past 2 games.

Falcom probably assumes that you're already familiar with all the mechanics in FC and SC, therefore, battles are more than likely gonna be harder from the get-go.

But, don't quote me on that.

No, that's precisely it. In fact, there's not even a tutorial in 3rd.

Xeteh

I'm surprised it isn't up for pre-order on GOG. I generally prefer to get games on Steam but I already have FC&SC on GOG so I might as well keep them together.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised it isn't up for pre-order on GOG. I generally prefer to get games on Steam but I already have FC&SC on GOG so I might as well keep them together.

Looked like they would probably have store pages up for GOG and Humble tomorrow.

Soph

Just happy I can fish again for the first time in like 10 hours, so my approach is probably pretty slow. Darn it, SC is almost twice as long as the first game.

Top Bottom