• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris |OT| From Russia With Blob

Thanks, I saw that before hah. I'm surprised the puyo puyo guy lost after that massive chain, which was well above my level with puyo puyo atm.

I was wondering specifically about t-spin ...he was saying they are "cheaper and easier" than 'l' blocks? Not quite sure how yet.

It's a lot easier to get points with t-spins? I feel like it's an advanced technique... maybe you get more Ts than Is?

the 7-bag system means every piece has an equally likely chance to appear on average.

A tetris takes 4 lines and deals 4 lines of garbage to your opponent. A t-spin double does the same amount of garbage requiring just two lines. A T-Spin triple does 6 lines of damage meanwhile

Thanks, I saw that before hah. I'm surprised the puyo puyo guy lost after that massive chain, which was well above my level with puyo puyo atm.

I was wondering specifically about t-spin ...he was saying they are "cheaper and easier" than 'l' blocks? Not quite sure how yet.

It's a lot easier to get points with t-spins? I feel like it's an advanced technique... maybe you get more Ts than Is?
No, it is because a double tspin does the same damage as a tetris (4) while only clearing two lines.

Also learn how to 4wide if you want to be able to beat certain stages consistently, its really good EDIt me slow lol

Skyzard

Banned
Ok, I think I understand thanks guys. I'll just have to look up what a t-spin double is.

2 lines vs 4 lines for the same amount of garbage sounds great. I just thought you needed more than one T to do a double. Will have to spend time looking at how.

ryushe

Despite what I heard before the game came out, the voice acting isn't terrible. In fact, I think the voice work and localization are quite good and honestly the game's pretty funny.

Lylo

whhaaaaat

i didn't know amazon sold digital eshop codes

megaton (for me)

It's a godsend, so easy and fast...that's the only way i add funds to my Nintendo Account these days, Nintendo loves refusing my credit card, i don't even bother with it anymore.

I've been playing this all day, but god damn am I bad at Puyo Puyo...I'm just not grapsing how to build stacks etc.
New to Puyo here as well and how I've been having some success is to make a group of 3 same color puyo and move on, don't complete it, just start stacking groups of 3 all over. On top of the 3stack, put a different color buffer between, for example, make a group of 3 yellow puyo, get a blue/yellow block, put he blue side down with the yellow on top. Then you work on linking blues so that when you clear those, the yellow will fall on top of the 3stack, resulting in a combo. Just make 3stacks as long as you can to set up longer combos. Idk if I explained that too well, but that's how I've been doing decent with puyo so far.

TheExodu5

Banned
Tried the demo.

Puyo Puyo is unplayable for red/green colorblindness. I can't believe they made this game completely inaccessible to 10% of the male population.

Either I have yellow/green blending together, or purple/blue blending together. I only see 3 colors at a glance, and shapes are really not good enough to be able to see things quickly.

Gonna have to pass.

Tried the demo.

Puyo Puyo is unplayable for red/green colorblindness. I can't believe they made this game completely inaccessible to 10% of the male population.

Either I have yellow/green blending together, or purple/blue blending together. I only see 3 colors at a glance, and shapes are really not good enough to be able to see things quickly.

Gonna have to pass.
I had the same problem with the default puyo skin.
Luckily there are at least 4 skin options off the top of my head that work with my colorblindness and let me play unhindered.

Camjo-Z

Whenever I have to play straight Tetris with someone online I get wrecked, whenever I play one of the gimmick modes like Fusion or Big Bang I suddenly become an unbeatable god... I'll take it.

Skyzard

Banned
The voice acting...reminded me of BotW when I watched the GB quick look of this. Who cares though, it's a fast puzzle game, I skip all the story :p

Tried the demo.

Gonna have to pass.

Check out these skins to see if they help:

[PS4] Puyo Puyo Tetris Every Puyo & Tetromino Skins

You can put in a cheat code and get them straight away.

I heard there weren't any differences between the versions.

---though I don't think you can change skins in story mode.

Despite what I heard before the game came out, the voice acting isn't terrible. In fact, I think the voice work and localization are quite good and honestly the game's pretty funny.

Yeah, the English voice acting is great.

This is a really great game. The Adventure mode is very much appreciated. I wish more games like this had a robust single player mode.

Theswweet

Tried the demo.

Gonna have to pass.

I wouldn't pass immediately. The demo doesn't have the option to change skins, but the full-game certainly does. The Alphabet Puyo setting is pretty easy to unlock too (you can get credits for playing Tetris), and makes all the Puyo's look like different letters.

TheExodu5

Banned
The voice acting...reminded me of BotW when I watched the GB quick look of this. Who cares though, it's a puzzle game, I skip all the story :p

Check out these skins to see if they help:

[PS4] Puyo Puyo Tetris Every Puyo & Tetromino Skins

You can put in a cheat code and get them straight away.

I heard there weren't any differences between the versions.

---though I don't think you can change skins in story mode.

The metallic skin and retro skins are "okay". Not amazing, but better than the rest. Still sucks that I'm forced to live with only 2 skins because there's no proper colorblind options in the game.

I wouldn't pass immediately. The demo doesn't have the option to change skins, but the full-game certainly does. The Alphabet Puyo setting is pretty easy to unlock too (you can get credits for playing Tetris), and makes all the Puyo's look like different letters.

The alphabet one is actually really bad, as the B and P look very similar AND the shape is similar! The thing is, shape really isn't a good differentiator since you can't really see a good picture of the entire playing field with shapes alone...color is what's important.

Skyzard

Banned
The metallic skin and retro skins are "okay". Not amazing, but better than the rest. Still sucks that I'm forced to live with only 2 skins because there's no proper colorblind options in the game.

That does suck, should have been an obvious inclusion for this game.

NateDrake

Tried the demo.

Gonna have to pass.
Agree. I've been playing for review and the Puyo Puyo portions are annoying due to being colorblind. I had to select a different look for them but I really wish an option was available.

Any idea how much It'll cost Digitally for UK PSN? I was planning on getting it off Amazon considering It's only £19.99 and you get £2.00 off with Prime.

Type40

Yay Best Buy -_- Now to go to the store tomorrow.

JgSYVvhh.jpg

I did store pick up to avoid that, mine got crushed at the store.

jrcbandit

I'm so bad at both Tetris and Puyo lol, but at least with Puyo I have the excuse of never playing it before. I just can't my head around with T-spins so far... Is the 2 and 3 T-spin where you have to rotate it 2 or 3 times to get it in place?

We've been having a great time with this today, much more than I anticipated. My only complaint so far is there is no visual when changing the look of your Tetris/Puyo pieces, you just have to guess, and go into a game to see what the visual change is.

Also, we make a room online and by choosing Join Friends, we never show up to each other. Not quite sure how that works.

"Ringo is the main protagonist of puyo puyo 7"

What

Can I even hope to get caught up on puyo lore? How many puyo games have been localized in English?

Ecto311

Is the switch matches (where it changes tetris to puyo) fuckin with anyone else? Also, does this game in handheld fuck with anyone else's eyes? I asked my eye Dr a few weeks ago and she said it's because you are so focused on the game and don't blink much it makes me have dry eyes and double vision to some extent. Makes it almost unplayable in long runs in handheld. Love the game though just 4-2 or so is a motherfucker I can't beat it no matter how hard I try.

Top Bottom