• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris |OT| From Russia With Blob

tdwig

Neo Member
Hmm dumb quesrion.. When I go to online view replays it only shows from rank 501 and onward.. How do I view the top ranks it won't let me scroll up?

ASaiyan

Banned
Wow the Story Mode dialogue is really good. The dub actors are solid too.

I had really only ever played Tetris before, but I have now mastered the art of the Puyo Puyo two-chain. I am never playing this game online, lol.

Hmm dumb quesrion.. When I go to online view replays it only shows from rank 501 and onward.. How do I view the top ranks it won't let me scroll up?

I'd like to know too. The first time I went to see it I started at Rank 1 and there were some really cool matches there. The next time I could start from 150, really weird

Amalthea

Banned
This is propably the most hyped I ever have been for a puzzle game release.
I hope SEGA will make a follow up called PuyoPuyo Tetris Columns!

also i cant for my life see the different colors of puyo well the yellow and green i cant see any difference so i cant play without looking the actual puyo. :(
I've found the "flat" skin gives them such distinguishing shapes and faces that the colors barely matter. I use it all the time and I'm colorblind as shit.

Tubie

Attempt at playing online part 2 ended up in an even bigger embarrassment lol.

How low below 2000 rating can you drop?

I'm about to find out!

I haven't seen 1 person online T spin. You guys got me scared for nothing. Hard dropping like crazy now getting into a groove is more fun to me than setting up T spins.

javadoze

Been plowing through the adventure mode and the writing/localization is pretty well done.

Schezo in particular is goddamn amazing whenever he's onscreen.

DKL

I... I think I'm actually understanding Puyo now? This is a revelation!

I also pulled off a few T-spins so my Tetris skills are improving. :)

For some reason, I want to set up consecutive t-spins...

But all the tutorials I look at don't even do that, so it must be really hard lol

EDIT:

Though, back-to-back with Tetris and T-spin seems like it could be reasonable.

balohna

Endless Puyo feels literally endless. I'm not even good but I clear the board fast enough and chains happen by accident.

Considering just letting myself lose. Been like an hour haha

I'm starting to think mine is busted because I don't get how anyone can call it impressive
Same, I even have two pairs of joy cons so it's highly unlikely and yet HD rumble in most games is just... rumble. And not even strong rumble like the Dualshock 4, just like phone vibration rumble.

I'm starting to think mine is busted because I don't get how anyone can call it impressive

It really isn't in this game. It's neat that you can feel each Puyo as they fall, but it's nothing terribly impressive (at least not on the Pro Controller). People usually say it's really good on 1-2-Switch I think? I have yet to experience it as being amazing too, lol

RRockman

Banned

Depends on the game :/ as it stands the cheapest games that use it properly is Blaster Master Zero Graceful Explosion Machine. It's plenty impressive to me, but it seems sega didn't know what to do with it in matches.

Same, I even have two pairs of joy cons so it's highly unlikely and yet HD rumble in most games is just... rumble. And not even strong rumble like the Dualshock 4, just like phone vibration rumble.

Seriously consider playing BMZ.

Depends on the game :/ as it stands the cheapest games that use it properly is Blaster Master Zero Graceful Explosion Machine. It's plenty impressive to me, but it seems sega didn't know what to do with it in matches.

Seriously consider playing BMZ.
I have GEM and tbh I don't really feel it there either :/

It might just be cus I'm spoiled by the iphone 7's fake home button but the hd rumble just doesn't feel particularly different to me 😂

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The novelty of rumble wore off for me sometime in the late 90's with Goldeneye.

I'd rather conserve my batteries.

Durden77

My dog got sick and I ended up having to take her to the vet this past weekend. She ended up being ok and I'm glad I took her, but now I can't afford this. Arrrrggg lifffffe. Hopefully I can get it in a paycheck or two. Demo was so fun.

Vinnk

I imported a US copy to my home in Japan.

I know crazy right?

But... keychains!

Should be here in a few days. Excite!

cyba89

So this game will be 39,99€ digital on the european eshop while it's cheaper everywhere else? Why? That's really dumb.
29,99€ would be a no-brainer but with Mario Kart and all the other games coming out I will rather wait then.

Not really willing to purchase it from the US eshop either because I don't want to deal with multiple accounts.

Was pretty neat getting a notification from the switch that the Tetris servers were going offline for maintenance. Haven't seen that before.

In puyo I guess I don't understand the grey blobs? How come the line up on top? Then sometimes like a ton drop?

Playing with my wife tonight and I can't figure it out.

RRockman

Banned
I have GEM and tbh I don't really feel it there either :/

It might just be cus I'm spoiled by the iphone 7's fake home button but the hd rumble just doesn't feel particularly different to me 😂

Then you should really try BMZ. Almost everything has a different vibration pattern. Explosions, jumping into water, and alarm sirens all feel very different from each other. Even things you'd think they would cheap out on and make the same like using your boosters and charging your laser feel AND sound different. That game really got me hyped up it being used effectively in AAA games.

Although it is really dissapointing that a small company like Inti creates were able to grasp it quickly while a big company like Sega is unable to apply it effectively to a simple port. The water specific vibration from BMZ could have been easily used for the puyo drops.

vulva

This is driving me insane. I'm a Canadian citizen living in the US temporarily. I want to keep all my purchases on my Switch:
A) Digital since I don't want to worry about losing things when moving back
B) On the same account so it's all together.

I can't seem to get this game no matter what I do. I've tried using my Canadian credit card and it never accepts the purchase. I've tried using a VPN so my connection appears to be coming from within Canada as well. I've tried my US card, it won't allow the card since it requires it be associated with a postal code instead of a zip code. I've tried purchasing a digital eshop card from pcgamesupply (this was the most recommended site from googling around) and the purchase keeps failing (I've only tried paypal, a little uncomfortable giving a site like this my CC info no matter how secure it looks).

Does anyone know
A) If US eshop cards work with a Canadian account
B) Any websites that sell digitally delivered Canadian eshop codes without some crazy markup
C) How to get Nintendo to accept one of my cards without requiring me to make a secondary account?

This is driving me insane. I'm a Canadian citizen living in the US temporarily. I want to keep all my purchases on my Switch:

I can't seem to get this game no matter what I do. I've tried using my Canadian credit card and it never accepts the purchase. I've tried using a VPN so my connection appears to be coming from within Canada as well. I've tried my US card, it won't allow the card since it requires it be associated with a postal code instead of a zip code. I've tried purchasing a digital eshop card from pcgamesupply (this was the most recommended site from googling around) and the purchase keeps failing (I've only tried paypal, a little uncomfortable giving a site like this my CC info no matter how secure it looks).

Does anyone know
B) Any websites that sell digitally delivered Canadian eshop codes without some crazy markup
C) How to get Nintendo to accept one of my cards without requiring me to make a secondary account?
https://www.paypal-gifts.com/en_ca/gift-cards/nintendo.html

If you have a Canadian PayPal account

El Odio

Banned
In puyo I guess I don't understand the grey blobs? How come the line up on top? Then sometimes like a ton drop?

Playing with my wife tonight and I can't figure it out.
When you pop puyo or a row in tetris you send garbage over to your opponent which drops on them after the drop their next piece, assuming they don't trigger their own combo to cancel it out. The little bubbles are one individual garbage puyo that'll fall somewhere randomly(?) while the larger ones are an entire rows worth. The red bubbles are a whooping five rows and a star basically means you're fucked.

Does anyone know

Can't you just go into Nintendo.account and change it back to Canada just for this?

Edit: Wait nevermind, your account IS canadian. That is definitely weird...

Even though you abandoned the SFV threads, I still love you you magnificent beautiful wonderful person. Thank you so much, that worked perfectly!
Heh, glad I could help :)

Edit: one thing, it might take a couple hours for the code to be emailed to you - only downside. It took me around 3h earlier today. :)

It's not like the rumble is taking up a lot of battery.

I know I'm not crazy when I say the rumble makes this game extra enjoyable. I'm getting chills with each rumble.

I hope the love for this game keeps going through Hurricane Mario Kart.
That was the one positive side-effect of it being delayed in Australia until the 12th of May. It's far enough removed from MK8DX that it might pick up a few more sales (it does come out a day after Minecraft but that won't have a retail presence until later).

jonno394

I've lost Like 10 games in a row, it seems there is literally no one playing that is my skill level.

Git gud...

In all seriousness, I'll be avoiding online for a while because i know I'm not good enough. Offline multiplayer will be what i mostly focus on i bet.

Skyzard

Banned
^ I like to play the story and vs AI a bit to get up to speed, before trying my luck online. It just came out, and the AI isn't bad.

Have faith Kororinpa would bring you back to rumble.

It'll be like the marble game from 1,2 switch (decent showcase for the rumble) and way, way more. It's really bugging me it's not announced or any word of development. It's literally the justification for hd rumble, would be a fantastic and fun multiplayer switch game. You could feel everything about ball - it's texture, bumps, grip and speed. It was already a great game on the Wii in multiplayer. Really fun turning controlling the world with the wiimote.

I imported a US copy to my home in Japan.

I know crazy right?

But... keychains!

Should be here in a few days. Excite!

That's kinda crazy ;)

jonno394

^ I like to play the story and vs AI a bit to get up to speed, before trying my luck online. It just came out, and the AI isn't bad.

The flying creature thing from puyo puyo side constantly wrecks me in vs ai. It performs combos straight from the off and I'm just not good enough. I was playing endurance and was 4 opponents down and it destroyed me, started a new run and it was first up, destroyed me again!

Top Bottom