• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris |OT| From Russia With Blob

xlom3000

Does anyone know what that purple microphone icon looking thing is in online play? It seemed to pop up when I played someone a second time in puzzle league next to their avatar.

Put a couple hours in so far, here are my impressions:

I am unbeaten in online versus mode for Tetris, after five games, yay!

I absolutely suck at Puyo Puyo, I try to do chains, but the most I can do is like two in a row.

The adventure mode is absolutely bonkers. The guy isn't feeling well, let's play Puyo Puyo. We are all gonna die, let's do a Tetris battle!

Jazzem

Pleasant surprise going back to adventure mode after seeing the credits:
there are three more worlds! I assume the completion percentage wasn't 100% due to me not having three starred every level. If you thought the main worlds were gloriously nonsensical, you ain't seen nothing yet :'D Continues to make this one of the most surprisingly funny games I've played in recent times

xabi

I asked earlier but don't think anyone knew. Is there a way to permanently turn hard drop either on or off for both puyo puyo and Tetris? I know you can do that before a vs match, but it reverts back after the match. I just want pressing up to be consistent across both modes...

Played the heck out of this last night (in English, finally!) and now I'm seeing puyo every time I close my eyes. This game is fantastic, I'm so glad it got localized.

I know it's a tired complaint but I just wish there was a digital PS4 release :/

Pastry

Banned
So is the best way to get combos in Puyo to build up the sides and leave the center open and hen get your matches from the center? Any good videos on basic setups for competitive Puyo?

So is the best way to get combos in Puyo to build up the sides and leave the center open and hen get your matches from the center? Any good videos on basic setups for competitive Puyo?

Sega of America YouTube channel have loads of tutorials my dude. I'd link but on mobile.

I picked the game up digitally on Switch last night. I've played the demo so much I felt like I owed them a purchase, plus I really wanted to delete the demo from my home screen. Love all the variety in modes. I think the game is going to be worth the $30.

Lucario

I know it's been widely commented on but the voice acting is staggeringly bad, holy shit

it's really obnoxious that the purchasable voices in the shop aren't the Japanese ones :(

I miss the matches just being a constant string of "BEAUITIFUL" and "I LOVE IT"

Seik

Banned
How do you trigger a hard drop?

While playing the demo with my GF she got pissed because she was always doing hard drops by mistake.

I'd use it but I have to turn it off for her, if we at least understand what's NOT to do we could probably avoid it! :lol

That said, I should receive my copy tomorrow! :D

Dazzler

it's really obnoxious that the purchasable voices in the shop aren't the Japanese ones :(

I miss the matches just being a constant string of "BEAUITIFUL" and "I LOVE IT"

Really hope the Japanese voices are patched in eventually. I miss my fish dude's random shouts of I LOVE IT

balohna

While playing the demo with my GF she got pissed because she was always doing hard drops by mistake.

I'd use it but I have to turn it off for her, if we at least understand what's NOT to do we could probably avoid it! :lol

Press Up

Dinjoralo

Really hope the Japanese voices are patched in eventually. I miss my fish dude's random shouts of I LOVE IT
That's the bear dude. -.- How is nobody able to keep the characters straight?

The extra chapters unlock so many thiiiings. Hopefully, I'll get the 1989 blocks soon enough.

Dazzler

It's fine though?

Played my first few hours with the game last night (after hundreds of hours with the JP version) The English voices are so bad there were several instances I didn't have a clue what the characters were saying. The voice acting being bad is one thing (and something I'd easily get over) but when I straight up can't understand what they're saying, it's problematic

Jazzem

Changing the Switch's output from 1080p to 720p does make the picture noticeable less defined on this, though whether that's better upscaling on the former setting or the actual assets coming through natively I'm not 100% sure.

Game still looks very nice of course, but if we're being denied better quality art assets for no good reason that is annoying =/

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Press up.

Was she using the pro controller? The D-pad on that (or at least some of them including mine) is wonky and registers up sometimes when pressing left and right (especially when pressing quickly).

Seik

Banned
Press up.

Was she using the pro controller? The D-pad on that (or at least some of them including mine) is wonky and registers up sometimes when pressing left and right (especially when pressing quickly).

Nope, she was playing with a joy-con sideways.

Playing with a joystick must not help either though, I was careful so didn't trigger any hard drops, but she basically never plays video games so I can understand why it happens to her.

Dinjoralo

Changing the Switch's output from 1080p to 720p does make the picture noticeable less defined on this, though whether that's better upscaling on the former setting or the actual assets coming through natively I'm not 100% sure.

Game still looks very nice of course, but if we're being denied better quality art assets for no good reason that is annoying =/
It's 1080p. The grid in Tetris is pixel perfect, and it looks blurred in hand-held mode.

balohna

I know it's been widely commented on but the voice acting is staggeringly bad, holy shit

I'm surprisingly okay with it. I expected it to be way more annoying and grating, it's actually well done for what it is IMO. I usually hate stuff like this.

Wish I could turn it off during endless games, though.

Is there a way to turn off holds for marathon tetris?
Don't believe so. Just don't press L. Problem solved

I actually wouldn't have bought this game if I'd known that the option to turn off holds disappears in marathon mode. This is almost certainly the freaking Teris company's fault, I hate them. This and EasySpin/Infinity. What stupid mechanics.

I guess I'll be stuck playing NES Tetris for the rest of my damn life. I just thought it would be nice for once to actually have a version of the game that isn't restricted to 240p and an 8 bit color pallet.

There is a 10% off Eshop cards sale going on over at PCgamesupply right now (expires in 5 hours). It was enough to make me bite on this game. I was originally going to give it a miss since Mario Kart is so close but I think I will get a lot enjoyment out of it. $36 AUD is a pretty good price.

Going to download the demo tonight and play after I study. I'll be so rusty at Tetris. Is Puyo similar to that free to play Pokémon game on the 3DS?

Top Bottom