• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodlines Season 2 |OT| People die. Secrets don't. On Netflix May 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Slowly watching this again.
I'm glad Diana gave Sally a verbal bitchslap about Danny. Sally gets to sit there and ignore what Danny was while everyone else had to deal with it.

I think I'm the only one kind of rooting for the siblings. They're assholes but so is everyone else, honestly.

Holy shit, fuck Kevin. OMG what a dumb ass.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Finished episode 6. I've been very impressed with this season. After an initial slow start I actually feel that this seasonhas much more going on. Most of the new characters are good as well, including Danny's son.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Finished this season. Thought it was really fantastic. The
sibling fight at the end was probably the best moment of the season for me. A lot of emotion there.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Fun show, wife and I binged it over the last week both seasons.

I hated Marco... and to people saying Danny wasn't bad.. no he was the worst. The rest of the family wasn't as fucked up as they ended up being, it was the resentment Danny had that fucked them all up.

Sure the Dad wasn't perfect, and the shit they did to Danny wasn't great.. but they were kids.. they didn't have much choice. Danny though came to fuck things up and did... dude was sinister.

Dalek

Fun show, wife and I binged it over the last week both seasons.

I hated Marco... and to people saying Danny wasn't bad.. no he was the worst. The rest of the family wasn't as fucked up as they ended up being, it was the resentment Danny had that fucked them all up.

Sure the Dad wasn't perfect, and the shit they did to Danny wasn't great.. but they were kids.. they didn't have much choice. Danny though came to fuck things up and did... dude was sinister.

Yeah-no one's perfect on this show-but for some reason Marco really annoyed me in Season 2.

And yes-Danny was the worst. The other siblings are covering their trail-trying to save the family, but Danny was just out to screw EVERYONE over.

number11

This season was just as good as season 1. I hate 90% of the cast.. but I still love it. Since there's no good guys (or even anti-heroes).. I have no idea who to root for.

Blader

The show will end next year with season 3.

Production troubles are said to have strained Netflix's relationship with its partner on the project, Sony Pictures Television (which shouldered some of the cost overruns). Subsequently, Netflix cut the third season of Bloodline — another series on which it partners with Sony — from 13 episodes to 10. It also notified Sony that the show's third season would be its last, though it had been anticipated that the series would have a fourth season. Netflix also slashed licensing fees on the show. Both Netflix and Sony deny there are tensions between them, and Sony television still has a lot of business with Netflix.

EDIT: And confirmed by Netflix:

In a statement to TVLine, Cindy Holland, Netflix vice president of original content, said, “Bloodline season three will be the show’s final season. Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler (KZK) are thoughtful and visionary storytellers, who lead a prestigious cast, that includes Kyle Chandler and Ben Mendelsohn, who have both garnered two Emmy nominations for their roles on the series. Together, with our collaborative partners at Sony Pictures Television, they created a seductive show that Netflix viewers worldwide love and continue to discover. We are looking forward to the exciting climax KZK have in store for the series conclusion in May 2017.”

number11

This is one of those shows that shouldn't be stretched out.. but I'm not a fan of Netflix being the ones who end it rather than the writers/showrunners.

Edit: although I'm happy Netflix are even allowing them to finish it. Are there any Netflix shows at all that have been cancelled?

RedAssedApe

Banned
geez they were gonna try and stretch this to a season 4? lol

i still don't know how they get out of season 3
without every rayburn dead or in jail
(not counting the kids). hated him at first but i'm kind of rooting for danny jr.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Lilyhammer was a co-production that was cancelled after 3 seasons without getting a proper ending, but it still ended well enough. Hemlock Grove ended with season 3 as well, and was given a proper ending.

They apparently had plans for 5-6 seasons!

i don't even...lol...what was it gonna be like all flashbacks? you can only houdini for so long.

Alpende

i don't even...lol...what was it gonna be like all flashbacks? you can only houdini for so long.

Yeah, I really wonder how they'd keep it interesting for 5-6 seasons. I'm fine with it ending in 3 seasons, good amount of seasons for a show like this.

Werd

Finally got around to the second season. Meg and Kevin
putting everything on and abandoning John
was about the most irritating scene I've watched this year, though I suppose it worked within the show.

Was surprised how much of the season ended up being about trying to contain the Danny mess rather than some new plot, Leguizamo was good but wasn't too big of an issue. I do think that was the right call though, definitely don't need this being 6 seasons of new wacky adventures with the Rayburns and S1 had things that needed to be worked out. Danny's son worked pretty well for me, and the actor did a good job bringing some of Danny into his role.

Overall, wouldn't be surprised if I end up putting off season 3 a bit as well but was worth the watch. Great acting.

Happy to see Bloodline (Ben Mendelsohn) won an Emmy!

When he won this I didn't think anything of it as I was aware there were Danny flashbacks and assumed they were a major part of the season. But wow, that's quite a make up Emmy as he barely has screentime and was mostly pretty subdued. He did deserve a win for the role though, hardly the most egregious Emmy in recent years.

Ashhong

Man I'm sad to see the show is ending since I love Chandler. Hope he gets to be back on Netflix or Cable TV soon. Love hearing him cuss. Just binged through the two seasons and love the show. It reminds me of Dexter in a few ways, even down to the characters I love to hate. Extremely pissed off when I realized episode 10 was the finale and there weren't 3 more episodes to go lol

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Apparently Ben Mendelsohn will only appear in
___two
episodes this season.

Also,

As it is, Kessler and his fellow EPs Glenn Kessler and Daniel Zelman had a lot to cram into 10 episodes. The trio had a five or six-season vision for Bloodline, but they had to revise their plan last year when Netflix informed them that the show needed to conclude with Season 3. “Netflix just decided that three seasons was what they wanted,” Kessler shrugs, before adding that the streamlined timeline required “a fair amount of maneuvering. The goal was always to make it entertaining and give each character their own ending. And it’s a big ensemble. So the maneuvering was to take a bunch of ideas that could’ve gone into Seasons 4 and 5 and maybe into a sixth season and pull a lot of that stuff into Season 3.”

Ultimately, Kessler says, “We feel really fortunate to be able to have a third season and to end the story in a way that will hopefully be very satisfying and entertaining."

per TV Line

Blader

The tax credits for shooting in the Keys also expired, iirc.

I liked season 2 a lot more than reviewers did, but this does not seem like a show that could support a five- or six-year story, though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I liked season 2 a lot more than reviewers did, but this does not seem like a show that could support a five- or six-year story, though.

I agree. I honestly have no idea what a 5-6 season version of this show would look like. I thought that it could have easily ended after the first, with some minor tweaks, but given the way that season two ended, I think three seasons is perfect.

Topper

I just finished season 2 episode 3 and Kevin is the most frustrating character I've seen in TV in some time, makes me want to stop watching but I'll press on.

Edit: whoops should of posted in season 3 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom